An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Long Thread To Provide Phatmass Feedback And Suggestions. Thanks.

dUSt

[quote name='StColette' post='1948869' date='Aug 14 2009, 02:10 PM']how about a phatmass bumper sticker lol or window decal[/quote]

That would be great. For those of us without bumpers, I'd love a patch for my backpack.

Okay so Red's newest topic just made me think of something.

Maybe we could have a job section somewhere and we could post any Catholic jobs that are open in our areas or state that we run across. Not all diocese will post jobs on Catholicjobs.com and some jobs are word of mouth, it might be a big help to those here that are wanting to work in a Catholic setting.

[quote name='StColette' post='1948892' date='Aug 14 2009, 02:34 PM']Okay so Red's newest topic just made me think of something.

Maybe we could have a job section somewhere and we could post any Catholic jobs that are open in our areas or state that we run across. Not all diocese will post jobs on Catholicjobs.com and some jobs are word of mouth, it might be a big help to those here that are wanting to work in a Catholic setting.[/quote]

That's a great idea. The Sooner Catholic started that during the recession 20+ years ago and are still doing it. Not just jobs in churches, but jobs posted by businesses run by Catholics. Like right now there are openings for 2 youth ministers in Red Deer (that's between Edmonton and Calgary), and an opening for a college chaplain at St. Joseph's College at the University of Alberta.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1948899' date='Aug 14 2009, 03:50 PM']That's a great idea. The Sooner Catholic started that during the recession 20+ years ago and are still doing it. Not just jobs in churches, but jobs posted by businesses run by Catholics. Like right now there are openings for 2 youth ministers in Red Deer (that's between Edmonton and Calgary), and an opening for a college chaplain at St. Joseph's College at the University of Alberta.[/quote]

Yeah, I think it would be a great added addition to phatmass to have a resource like that. I get updates on job openings in our diocese quite a bit in order to put them in our bulletin.

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1948905' date='Aug 14 2009, 02:02 PM']A list of Phatmass recommended blogs and other good newsy Catholic sites...[/quote]+J.M.J.+
or a phatmasser pheatured blog.

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1948910' date='Aug 14 2009, 03:18 PM']+J.M.J.+
or a phatmasser pheatured blog.[/quote]
do the blogs have to contain strictly Catholic content? :unsure:

[quote name='rachael' post='1948914' date='Aug 14 2009, 02:21 PM']do the blogs have to contain strictly Catholic content? :unsure:[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
i wouldn't think so? i just think it would be cool to pheature blogs that are written by phatmassers, religious or not.

eagle_eye222001

Phatmass Bumper stickers,

Lame Board posts count,

I like the apologetics idea,

I think the font is fine.....honestly....

and I like the big avatars and would prefer to keep them that way.

Would be wise to add a politics section back as the Open Mic has been getting bombed with health care stuff. :saint:

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/harry+gregson-williams/track/lucy+meets+mr.+tumnus"]Harry Gregson-Williams - Lucy Meets Mr. Tumnus[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

Edited by eagle_eye222001

[quote name='philothea' post='1948738' date='Aug 14 2009, 08:34 AM']And with the Phorum... is there any way to make Lame Board posts not show up in the "View New Posts" search? :mellow: Or, settings to fiddler out any particular board/boards we're not interested in?[/quote]
that is impossible.

sorry.

:mellow:

i think the job thing is cool...

but also like a phatmass ebay.... where members who have something to sell can sell it.. and phatmass gets a portion of the proceeds.

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1948940' date='Aug 14 2009, 04:44 PM']i think the job thing is cool...

but also like a phatmass ebay.... where members who have something to sell can sell it.. and phatmass gets a portion of the proceeds.[/quote]

Phatmass Classifieds Section (Jobs/Stuff for Sale) no Personal Ads lol (we have enough of that on PM already)

franciscanheart

and on the phatmass blog, i think it would be good just to have Catholic writers, not necessarily Catholic writers writing only about Catholic things. (maybe i'm a jerk but i'm not interested in something like that encyclical blog that got started and would not read the phatmass blog if that's all it was...)

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='pat22' post='1948747' date='Aug 14 2009, 12:53 PM']we have a whole sub-phorum for music and we sell a bunch of albums :mellow:[/quote]

"We" huh? :mellow:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1948750' date='Aug 14 2009, 01:04 PM']It's not a matter of moderators, I don't think. It would be nice if the first post or two was moderated when a new member joins, though....[/quote]

:yes: