An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Secret All Women Should Know

PhuturePriest

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329694518' post='2389657']
Wacky opinions? You have both emasculated me and destroyed me as a person. I hope the warm loving Sisters can thaw out the coldness of your heart while you're living with them. :P
[/quote]

This is funny because you know nothing about her past....

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1329695129' post='2389660']

This is funny because you know nothing about her past....
[/quote]
100% agreed. I actually found the statement FP said ("thaw out the coldness of your heart") to be really harsh.

FP ... I usually think about what I post really carefully because it is immortalized for life on the net. It takes practice but it is very doable and it really helps prevent misunderstandings.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329694518' post='2389657']
Wacky opinions? You have both emasculated me and destroyed me as a person. I hope the warm loving Sisters can thaw out the coldness of your heart while you're living with them. :P
[/quote]

I used to be one... I guess the warmth thing didn't work. But really, that was meant as more of a compliment, despite the fact that maybe it didn't come out that way.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1329694039' post='2389649']
I only wear body sprays because I find most perfumes so heavy that even on myself only a couple spritzes gets nauseating.

Honestly, though, usually (in my experience) the worst culprits are men. They wash using something strongly scented like Axe body wash and then wear a strongly scented deodorant, and then top it off with an unhealthy dose of cologne. I've walked past dudes that leave me gasping for fresh air.
[/quote]
I agree. I like body spray, too, but I normally use one spray and hold it as far away from myself as I can so that I don't make MYSELF sick. I feel the way you described about guys when I walk past Abercrombie and Fitch in the mall. :crazy: Nothing really against their clothing... I just can't bear to go in there because of the smell.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1329696306' post='2389684']

100% agreed. I actually found the statement FP said ("thaw out the coldness of your heart") to be really harsh.

FP ... I usually think about what I post really carefully because it is immortalized for life on the net. It takes practice but it is very doable and it really helps prevent misunderstandings.
[/quote]

But it wasn't a misunderstanding. Totus Tuus knew I was joking. If I use a smiley face, it usually means I'm not serious at all. Sheesh. I'm critiqued no matter what I do. :P

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Totus Tuus' timestamp='1329699006' post='2389710']

I agree. I like body spray, too, but I normally use one spray and hold it as far away from myself as I can so that I don't make MYSELF sick. I feel the way you described about guys when I walk past Abercrombie and Fitch in the mall. :crazy: Nothing really against their clothing... I just can't bear to go in there because of the smell.
[/quote]

I feel your pain. Axe and Tag are way too strong, even if you only use on spray. It always gives me a terrible headache. I'm getting a headache just thinking about it, and I'm not joking. I think my next thread should be titled "Dear fellow men: stop using body spray!!!" :P

tbh, I've had more problem with guys wearing too much cologne than women wearing to much perfume.

and well, maybe i've already said to much.

Well a lot of perfume is better than no perfume....I mean if I don't wear any perfume and deodorant... I will scare many people away!

:|

FutureCarmeliteClaire

You know what really stinks, when the dude sitting next to you in Mass smells like Old Spice and you hope it doesn't rub off on you during the Sign of Peace...

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329699465' post='2389714']
But it wasn't a misunderstanding. Totus Tuus knew I was joking. If I use a smiley face, it usually means I'm not serious at all. Sheesh. I'm critiqued no matter what I do. :P
[/quote]

I wasn't positive but was slightly inclined to believe you were joking. So the misunderstanding/critique was merited, in my estimation. Also, a lot of people use smiley faces when they are being snarky or pompous (I know because I've done it). I don't know your posts well enough to know if you would do that. But the clarification was helpful.

MissScripture

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1329705042' post='2389771']
You know what[b] really stinks[/b], when the dude sitting next to you in Mass smells like Old Spice and you hope it doesn't rub off on you during the Sign of Peace...
[/quote]
I like the pun. ;)

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329627212' post='2389263']
I'm pretty well self-schooled. I'm home schooled, but I really don't have a person that teaches me, I simply read my books and do tests. My teachers are the people that put the words on the pages, really. But you could say that I'm "self-teached" as some other poster disgraced the English language by saying. :P
[/quote]

THAT'S THE FACT JACK!!!!

[size=2](for those that know the reference)[/size]

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329623473' post='2389183']
I will say this only one more time: wearing make-up is NOT bad. I never said it was. I said I didn't like it and it can send the wrong signals.

So you throw advice away because of my age? Saint Padre Pio entered the Capuchin Franciscans when he was fifteen. If he gave you advice would you go "Pft. Silly fifteen year old. You don't know anything or have any valid opinions. You get that at the magical age of eighteen!"?
[/quote]

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1328845336' post='2384670']
Maybe not in your neighborhood, but it is in the rest if the world. I live in Kansas, which is primarily farm country, and it's still not popular. Most of the kids here haven't even touched a gun.
[/quote]

Ok, I just connected the dots. You're fifteen and from Kansas. Do you have an older brother who used to post here under the screen names of St. Thomas More and Resurrexi?

missionseeker

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329626969' post='2389260']
Oh yes, how great for you folks that are getting props. If my heart would stop beating if I didn't get props, I would be feeling pretty cold by now. :P
[/quote]

I propped that on the basis that it was one prop from being crazy dope, yo.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329675500' post='2389404']
It's never overwhelming, though. I can tolerate a little make-up, but I can't stand overwhelming make-up. If I wanted to court Ronald McDonald I would've asked him, thank you. :P
[/quote]
This is VERY different from this:
[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329618420' post='2389123']
I absolutely hate all make-up, as I feel it not only makes you less attractive, but it shows you aren't self-confident, and this detracts most men.
[/quote]

This is why Red says you use too many absolutes.

I'm not trying to rehash this, but as someone who was a teenager (not tooooo long ago) there are a couple of things that I would like to point out. Not out of malice, but honestly, for your own good. Around this age you should start to write serious essays. By that I mean essays which express an idea, or opinion in a clear, concise and PRECISE manner. Soon you will need to write applications for college or seminary. Do you use a homeschooling curriculum? If so, you will probably be required to submit thoughtfully prepared, eloquently stated papers.

Like I said earlier, rhetoric is an art. It takes practice. And none of us here expect you to perfect at it, BUT on Open Mic is supposed to be a means of communication. Communicating ideas is part of what separates us from animals (that and the ability to love) and the ability to do so well is something that should be utilized and practiced, especially in a public phorum. This is a large reason why so many people were upset by how you posted.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329678979' post='2389452']
Most of the time when I go outside I'm looking straight down so as not to look at an immodest woman in an impure manner.
[/quote]

I do not think that this is a great approach to the problem. What if you run into someone!? Also, the point of challenges is to overcome them. Temptations exist so that we may take the problem by the root and yank it out of our souls. This may be a decent start, but honestly, as a woman, it is more unsettling to me when a guy is scared to look at me because he's scared he might have impure thoughts than when a guy hits on me in an objectifying way. I do not know if I can explain this well, since you are a 15 year old male, but I think it has something to do with the idea the way BOTH men are thinking of women is objectifying, but one is aware he is objectifying and scared of and cannot accept/deal with an integral part of my person, my body.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1329694039' post='2389649']
I only wear body sprays because I find most perfumes so heavy that even on myself only a couple spritzes gets nauseating.

Honestly, though, usually (in my experience) the worst culprits are men. They wash using something strongly scented like Axe body wash and then wear a strongly scented deodorant, and then top it off with an unhealthy dose of cologne. I've walked past dudes that leave me gasping for fresh air.
[/quote]

ooooooooh but when they master the art of smelling good.... ^_^ heaven. Oh emm geeeeeee. lol.
[quote name='Totus Tuus' timestamp='1329699006' post='2389710']
[/quote]

same here.