An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Workout Thread

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

Softball was rained out so Dad bday celebration and New Super Mario Bros. U.  Not the same calorie burn, but hey, my heart rate goes up I bet when Propellor Mario lands in lava!!!  

been doing yard work for my aunt since my cousins grad. party is coming up. went swimming, ran around and took her dogs for a jog (1 mile), and lifted.

Another 55 minutes on treadmill, then worked the shoulders, back and biceps. Now enjoying a few pale ales and wife's homemade sourdough crackers.

For my upper body I kayak. For my lower half (well, it is good for everything, but especially my legs) I run. Now I have my OWN kayak!!

Norseman82

Friday, I lifted for a bit over a half hour, then ran 2 miles, and hit the bag for about 15 minutes. 

Yesterday, I scraped paint off my dining room ceiling for almost 7 hours. 

Today, I lifted for about 35 minutes. 

FutureCarmeliteClaire

For my upper body I kayak. For my lower half (well, it is good for everything, but especially my legs) I run. Now I have my OWN kayak!!

WE'RE SUPPOSED TO HAVE THAT RUNNING DEAL, BUT SOMEONE IS A SLACKER.

Anyway, I walk a mile I day. It's been helping physically and emotionally.

Free Stryder broke 4 minutes into me using it.  So I went on a 4 mile run from there did pushups and stretched.  Then I mowed the lawn.  Softball tomorrow!!!  

Spem in alium

This thread has inspired me to refine my boxing routine :) Usually I just play around with my little punchbag and throw in some cardio, but I'm thinking I'll get a skipping rope and try out some shadow boxing so that I can better my technique. Eventually I'm hoping to get a decent bag too, as the one I have is more like a speedball. 

Awesome Spem good for you!!!  I went 3 for 6 at the plate against our sworn enemies in softball.  First time this year I was not leadoff man: I batted second.  I scored twice and had a double.  On defense I turned a what the other team was chanting a sure home run into a close play at third from RightCenter.  Played LeftCenter some too.  

Spem in alium

amesome Spem good for you!!!  I went 3 for 6 at the plate against our sworn enemies in softball.  First time this year I was not leadoff man: I batted second.  I scored twice and had a double.  On defense I turned a what the other team was chanting a sure home run into a close play at third from RightCenter.  Played LeftCenter some too.  

Thank you! And great work in softball! I have no clue as to what the rules are, but I'm assuming that scoring is good. And nice job in diverting that home run :)

This has been a long weekend of over 100 degree weather after last weekend was literally freezing at night so to say I have been working out is not true, but this is a feel good motivater I think everyone can enjoy.  Most of you saw the post, some of you gave the post props, where on the other end of my brain injury/eye surgeries I helped fight off the depression by doing stuff on this thread.  Between Fat Tuesday 2010 and Independence Day 2012 I lost 26 lbs to the point where I was actually kinda underweight.  But I am doing so well now and going through summer clothes today for the first real time I noticed shorts I guess I bought at the height of my depression.  I have lost so much weight that I can pull these shorts up to my waist more than comfortably...  with both my legs in one pant leg.  They say I might be the fastest guy in my league.  ^__^  

Norseman82

Just got back from Toronto.

I played in 5 hockey games between Friday night and Sunday afternoon.