An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Workout Thread

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

This has been a long weekend of over 100 degree weather after last weekend was literally freezing at night so to say I have been working out is not true, but this is a feel good motivater I think everyone can enjoy.  Most of you saw the post, some of you gave the post props, where on the other end of my brain injury/eye surgeries I helped fight off the depression by doing stuff on this thread.  Between Fat Tuesday 2010 and Independence Day 2012 I lost 26 lbs to the point where I was actually kinda underweight.  But I am doing so well now and going through summer clothes today for the first real time I noticed shorts I guess I bought at the height of my depression.  I have lost so much weight that I can pull these shorts up to my waist more than comfortably...  with both my legs in one pant leg.  They say I might be the fastest guy in my league.  ^__^  

:winner:

You should be very proud! Finding the motivation is always the hardest part! But its nice to enjoy your hard work!

Im still on the motivation phase! hehe!

Im getting much better at running regularly...Im just afraid of when the temperatures start getting really high :(

I cant afford to pay those fitness center prices

:winner:

You should be very proud! Finding the motivation is always the hardest part! But its nice to enjoy your hard work!

Im still on the motivation phase! hehe!

Im getting much better at running regularly...Im just afraid of when the temperatures start getting really high :(

I cant afford to pay those fitness center prices

:blush:  Oh, thanks, lol.  I don't know how common this knowledge is so I'll share it with you:  When running dress/plan for it to be 20 degrees (farenheit) warmer then it actually is because that is how your body will react.  Good job.  The hardest part...  Is a lot.  I'm skinny and my shoulder are just weak.  There is always stuff to improve.  Ya I am pretty sure I would hate gyms or hate the fact that I wouldn't hate gyms if I didn't hate gyms.  The term gym rat is kinda a icky thing to be.  

I did a stradle spilt for the first time since my groin pull!  Meaning it's fully healed!  Only to pull a quad my first at bat in softball last night D-:     but I made a gimme my only defensive play, and went 3 for 5 with a double and a run!

This has been a long weekend of over 100 degree weather after last weekend was literally freezing at night so to say I have been working out is not true, but this is a feel good motivater I think everyone can enjoy.  Most of you saw the post, some of you gave the post props, where on the other end of my brain injury/eye surgeries I helped fight off the depression by doing stuff on this thread.  Between Fat Tuesday 2010 and Independence Day 2012 I lost 26 lbs to the point where I was actually kinda underweight.  But I am doing so well now and going through summer clothes today for the first real time I noticed shorts I guess I bought at the height of my depression.  I have lost so much weight that I can pull these shorts up to my waist more than comfortably...  with both my legs in one pant leg.  They say I might be the fastest guy in my league.  ^__^  

Nice! I have lost about 20lbs since Ash Wednesday this year...and have firmed up. If I am in the "healthy" weight for my age/height, mt work will give me $300 in November. I am already there. Range is 137-194.  Crazy thing is, if I weighed 137, I don't think that would be healthy. Ash Wednesday I was right on the edge of that 194.

Yesterday was work golf league, then ~55 minutes on treadmill, then shoulders, lats and bis. 

Edited by Papist

My 5k training is going well.

I am on week 4 of the 8 week training program!!!

I FEEL AWESOME

Kickball is over. In 4 games I had a .500 batting average and an OPS of 1.146.  how that is calculated and what that means can be found here   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-base_plus_slugging   I also scored a run during the game we won mind you and got an RBI during the season as well.  

I worked out today, and it felt awful.  I feel ashamed when I do 10 minute miles for a 4 mile run.  I am capable of so much better and let's just not talk about the push ups shall we.  

Softball I had my best defensive game of the year and my worse offensive.  I went 1 for 3.  That is my first time in this softball league I have ever gotten only 3 plate appearances in a game including shortened games because of mercy rule and I have played in this league with one small DL stint since 2010.  It also poured rain the whole game to the point where it probably wasn't even all that safe but hey whatever.  I can only think of one other softball game I have played in where it rained like that.  I used a team bat cause I didn't want to damage my nice expensive one which could have affected my hitting some too.  

Chrysophylax

My 5k training is going well.

I am on week 4 of the 8 week training program!!!

I FEEL amesome

That is awesome. I was doing a 5k training program, and it was going well! Then I hit finals week and lost it.. And I still haven't started again!

Today though, I biked to and from Mass, and I will walk to and from the library later. I don't know if that really counts as working out though, or simply as excersize!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooftbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall! Yesterday, that is.  I went 4 for 5 with a run.  really nothing to do on D.  I backed a guy up at one point.  If I play in  RF almost all the time that's when you know your team is stacked with ringers lol.  On the bases going into third on a force play that the thirdbaseman had in his glove I "Got creative" trying to reach third.  I like tried to juke, spin and head first slide in a sense.  Our thirdbase coach said something like this about it, "It was like the batcycle from the Dark Knight movies: absolutely physically impossible, but lots of phun to watch."  My dad said it was strait out of the Matrix, but waking up this morning let me tell you...  There is a spoon as well a hamstirng, quadracept, back and yadayada.  At least I see the Chiropractor today!  Oh and we killed em 23 to 9 or something like that.  

I had my first high school volleyball practice on Monday and it was tuff but awesome! The team has a week of dead period next week but our coach wants yes to lift weights, do lunges, squats, jump rope, and run A LOT... :lift2:

First church softball league game last night.  Waited out the downpours and lightning and got it in on a soaked puddlely field.  I went one for 3 with an RBI and a run.  my first at bat was embarassing swung at the first pitch and popped it up to the pitcher but then I got a hit and the last at bat was a warning track blast so i am not super upset.  played LF, RF, and 3B and made a beautiful play at 3rd in my only defensive action of the day.  I think the score was 23-4 we won.  Good to get to know some other Catholics in the area.  A couple of em my age.  The priest is our star shortstop.  in the middle of Red Sox nation he is in a full fledged Jeter uniform.  He hit for the cycle yesterday.  Good grief.  but the just ordered us unis I think they gave me number 97.  Always wanted to wear that in all my years of football and never got to.  Bryant Young's number.  Anyways if no wierd weather or forfeit or any other crazy stuff I play a softball game tonight in the other league.  

1 for 3 at the plate, played through a pulled quad.  A good play on D.  pretty uneventful

I did push ups and I stretched yesterday and I felt about 80 years old.  

I have a running partner now! Woop!

Ive also lost 10lbs since I started training for my 5k (Also watching what I eat in conjunction with exercise. Who knew?)

I ran yesterday.  4 Miles in 38 minutes.  I can do better, but I don't feel that's embarrassing.