An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

I just learned how to put music onto my phone! (It's a tracefone so I didn't know I could do that...) :dance5: First download: Chaplet of Divine Mercy in Song.... :blush:

So tired...

So today I got up and went and served a funeral since Fr. J had asked me to serve it the other day. Then my mom, dad, and I went to see my sisters (2 hours away) and drive them to the urgent care since Lauren was sick and the health center on campus was not open on the weekends. Then we stayed down there and hung out. And finally around 10 we got home and now I am baking cupcakes for a school fundraiser for tomorrow after Mass (which I have to serve...). Oh and I haven't done my homework yet either. :|

We raised around $650 for the March-for-Life trip with the soup and sandwich lunch after Mass today!!! We had a second collection during the Mass for three Masses and don't know how much money we raised with that. But we are doing better than suspected so far! :)

I have a headache...

About one week till the March! I cannot wait, it will be my first year going and I am sure it is going to be awe.some! (Test: Does awesome still filter?) I have a new warm hat, scarf(ves), plenty of layers, fleece-lined leggings, and a good coat to wear. Oh and boots too, I cannot forget the boots!  

Around 6 o'clock this morning the phone rang, caller ID said it was from my grandmother's house. Something was wrong. I let Dad answer it and Mom (who spent the night with them last night) told him that Granddad had passed away. I went over to their house last night and I was the last grandchild to see him. I told him I would be back, I just had to go to school. That is were I am right now. This morning I saw my little cousins walk into school and the ran up to me and gave me a big hug. The youngest was crying and I just held him. I talked to Anna the oldest out of my four younger cousins who go to school with me and she couldn't stop from crying. I held her in my arms in the middle of the hallway wanting to cry but knowing I had to be strong for Anna and all my little cousins. 

Granddad always got a kick out of my little cousin Asa saying to Luke (my youngest cousin), "Luke you have to be strong." They were playing Cowboys and Indians but I will take Asa's advice and be strong. 

Well, I had two test today and stayed up till two in the morning this morning writing Granddaddy's obituary with Mom. I have been asked to play the piano and sing at the funeral so now I am going through all my music trying to find the perfect songs to play.  I have come up with In Christ Alone, Be Thou My Vision, Amazing Grace (of course...), and maybe You are Mine. Do this sound alright? My grandpa Bruce (the protestant preacher) is officiating the funeral. It will take place at 1 o'clock on Saturday.

Thank you all for your prayers!

Thanks TT. :)

My aunt just asked/told me that I was going to be planning for the two hours before the funeral when the visitation will take place. I am glad that I was learning how to play the organ since I will have to play that since there is no piano. I am going to go into school tomorrow for first period tomorrow and take a test but a then I am going to my grandparents' (Grandpa Bruce and Grandma Dorothy) house to play and practice on their organ.

Praying for you, your grandfather, and all of your family, Carter.... :hug:

Edited by AnneLine

Thank you all for your prayers! It really means a lot! :)

The funeral went okay. I just played "Be Thou My Vision" on the organ and sang that. I played before the funeral during the visitation for about two hours. When I did my solo I realized the mic wasn't on... and I couldn't just stop in the middle of the verse and turn it on so I just kept on playing and I tried to sing as loud as I could. One of my cousins who were on the other side of the room said that she could her me so that was okay. When I looked at my family afterward they were crying. I spoke to Grandma afterward and she said if it had been one of my other cousins than she probably wouldn't have cried but she knew that I was truly meaning what I sang. My father said that it sounded like nothing I had ever played/sang before and that it was truly beautiful.

I am thankful that I got to contribute a small part to the funeral and do something in memory o Granddaddy.

Thanks TT!

I just got to my hotel in DC for the March-for-Life. I am with 3 girls in my class that have been rude (some other words...) to me in the past so I am really going to need some patience to get through the next three days! Oh we'll besides that all is okay in the world and nothing could dampen my mood for the March! Pax guys!