Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

IgnatiusofLoyola
Posted
20 hours ago, cartermia said:

So I am working on mastering two new piano pieces, "Two Part Invention No. 14" by Back and "Raindrop Prelude" by Chopin, for a piano audition on April 2nd. Prayers please! 

I've played the organ two times at Mass now (at the offertory) and Fr. Michael (SD) has taken an interest in my musical "journey". He is written my school administration letter of rec for the audition that I need for the audition. He comes over to the church and listens when I practice and it is nice to have an audience compared to my solitude practices. 

I've been practicing for two hours each day (huge increase from my thirty minutes a day) and I think I am improving some. (Hopefully I am!) A guy I have been talking to (long story...) is auditioning the same day for the trumpet! If we can get this then we could spend some more time together in the summer! It might be the start of something new! (song reference, 10 points rewarded to anyone who guesses it.) 

Generation gap here. When you said "the start of something new," my first thought was "Isn't the lyric 'the start of something big'? There is a much older song (even before my time) with that title that was very popular. However, I kept searching and learned that "the start of something new" is a lyric from "High School Musical" (which I have never seen).

Useless factoid: I do have a very thin tie to "High School Musical." Kenny Ortega directed the movie. I was in a production of "The Wizard of Oz" with him when I was in junior high, and he was a couple of years older. I checked my very old program from the play, and sure enough, Kenny Ortega signed my program with a very nice note, even though he didn't know me at all. My very minor "brush with greatness."

Also, not saying that you care (that's your business) but brass players are very good kissers. My first BF in my senior year of HS was a french horn player. That bit of knowledge may never matter to you, but who knows what the future brings?!

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Haha yes the reference came from High School Musical. My age group is obsessed with the movie, it was our childhood! 

That is so cool about getting to meet the director before he made it big! It must have been a great experience working along side him because I've heard he is amesome! 

I've heard that before about brass players but for some reason hearing your story made me blush. Lol

On February 6, 2016 at 11:16:28, IgnatiusofLoyola said:

Generation gap here. When you said "the start of something new," my first thought was "Isn't the lyric 'the start of something big'? There is a much older song (even before my time) with that title that was very popular. However, I kept searching and learned that "the start of something new" is a lyric from "High School Musical" (which I have never seen).

Useless factoid: I do have a very thin tie to "High School Musical." Kenny Ortega directed the movie. I was in a production of "The Wizard of Oz" with him when I was in junior high, and he was a couple of years older. I checked my very old program from the play, and sure enough, Kenny Ortega signed my program with a very nice note, even though he didn't know me at all. My very minor "brush with greatness."

Also, not saying that you care (that's your business) but brass players are very good kissers. My first BF in my senior year of HS was a french horn player. That bit of knowledge may never matter to you, but who knows what the future brings?!

Haha yes the reference came from High School Musical. My age group is obsessed with the movie, it was our childhood! 

That is so cool about getting to meet the director before he made it big! It must have been a great experience working along side him because I've heard he is amesome! 

I've heard that before about brass players but for some reason hearing your story made me blush. Lol maybe this relationship will play out to something big or just stay friends. I am not rushing it but I would like to ask him to prom but don't know if I have the guts to do it. 

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

My dog died a week ago today. He had 16 seizures and couldn't recover. Please pray for my mom, it us hitting her really hard. Pax! 

Posted

I need prayers. It's about school and something stupid I did. I am praying everything ends up okay but I doubt it will. What I did was stupid and may get me in major trouble. Why didn't I listen to my conscience? Why was I so stupid? Ugh!!!! 

Wait don't prayer that I don't get in trouble. What I did was cheap and in honorable. I thought I could get away with it (I don't know if I have but I doubt I will.)  Please pray for something, I don't know what. Just pray! 

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I asked the trumpet guy to prom.... And he said yes!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy right now! (And kind of nervous...) 

TheresaThoma
Posted

Awww have fun! It will be great I'm sure!

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Happy Easter!!! (In like 40 minutes) 

 

Thanks TT! I hate dances so I hope that this one is okay. Lol. 

 

My audition is in one week!!! Prayers please!!! 

Posted

My SD just wrote me an amesome letter of recommendation! It's for this pro-life internship that would be amesome if I got! 

Speaking of my SD, he has been listening to me play the piano after school. For the past two times he has come, he brought the thurible over and just burnt incense as I played. It is very peaceful but then he starts playing with the thurible. It's really funny! I told him to bless the sheet music I was playing, maybe that would make me play better. He took the thurible and blessed the incense then blessed my sheet music! He'll bless anything I guess! 

That's my little story for the day! Bye y'all! Alleluia alleluia! 

Posted

I just got asked to the local public school's prom by a guy friend of mine. He is coming to my prom with a friend of mine (since I asked) so I'll go with him. I don't want to spend more money on another dress (my first one only cost $50 but...) What do y'all think? Get a new cheap dress or just wear the one for both. 

Posted

I'm just going to wear the same dress lol. 

 

Ive got a new puppy!!! His name is Atticus and he is adorable!!! 

Posted

So the trumpet guy is agnostic (I've known this and I love him for this.) he and I are having a conversation about race and religion. Our views are the same on race: no such thing, it's just a definition. Then he asked me what I thought about God and love. I tons him God is love and religion is centered around love. He got really happy and said this is what I've been wanting to say since the summer but never knew how to say it. 

He told me that he wants to go to mass and learn more about Catholicism. It holds the most beauty and truth he says. So happy right now!!! 

TheresaThoma
Posted

Yay for the puppy and double yay for trumpet guy wanting to learn more about Catholicism!

Posted

I got into the Govenor Scolar of the Art's program!!! Thanks TT, Atticus is adorable and trumpet guy is the adorable too! :blush:

TheresaThoma
Posted

Do you have a picture of Atticus?

TheresaThoma
Posted

Awww he is adorable. What breed or breeds is he?

Posted

That is still being decided but we think he has done Australian shepherd in him. 

Posted (edited)

 I just want school to be over!!! I just want to be done with school and be able to just be. I'm so done right now, like I could just be locked in a room and give me some tea, a book, and my pup and I would be.

I don't even want to go to college, I know I have a whole year to the side of that. I really just want to skip college go join the convent even though I know that my mother will not let me do that and I know that's probably not going to be what's best for me. I just want to go join the Benedictines and  I really just want to skip college go join the convent even though I know that my mother will not let me do that and I know that's probably not going to be what's best for me. I just want to go join the Benedictines and do what God is calling me to do. Maybe he's calling me to go to college? Maybe you calling me as ago right away? Maybe he's not even calling me to religious life. Maybe I'm supposed to trumpet dude. I don't know what the heck I'm supposed to do with my life!!!

i'm kind of freaking out right now because I want to do stuff. I want my life to move on, I don't want to be patient. I want God to grant me the gift of patients so I can wait for my vocation yet I want to be right there and my vocation doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. I just would like to happen!!! Does anyone else feel like this right now? 

I missing my dad right now, I want to be done with school, I just want to be at peace with myself and with God, and I just want to do what I'm supposed to do and be happy about it.  I found myself so many times in the past week to see a picture of dad and want to start crying but I know if I start trying that I won't find the strength to stop. I just want something to happen right now. In all honesty, I don't care what it is. I could be the biggest life event that will ever happen to me but it'll be something happening something different that will change me. 

 I want chains, I wasn't something new! God grant me the patience and peace to be a faithful follower of you. Give me the hope to keep on going and give me the knowledge and wisdom to know what I'm to do with my life. 

Edited by cartermia
CountrySteve937
Posted

I'll keep you in my prayers. Whatever  your vocation, He will make the path straight for your.  Pax

Posted
2 hours ago, CountrySteve21 said:

I'll keep you in my prayers. Whatever  your vocation, He will make the path straight for your.  Pax

Steve!!! Long time, no communication! Thank you!  How are you? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...