An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

Got the scholarship thingy turned in and got the art for the art contest put in!!! Now it will be an easy week with extra piano time. Oh and on top of that I got a 99% on my math test!!! Mom bought me hot chocolate since this was a rare occasion!

I won two things in a 31 (the brand) contest!!! It was a fundraiser for my cousins' school so my mom bought all of us girls a ticket and I won two things!!! Last year I won something in this same fundraiser. My grandma said, "How in h... are you that lucky?" I laughed! :hehe:

Well so much for an easy week! Every teacher decided to give us a test! I had a math, Spanish, biology, history, accounting, band (didn't know we had test in band....), English, and two test in religion!!!

Oh and the GSA is tomorrow!!! I am freaking out! Everybody is going to be super good and then there will just be me... Their skill level from 1-100 is probably 98's mine is like a 5... And Mrs. K, my music teacher at school, asked me if I was going tomorrow and I said yes. Then she gave me a 9 page Mozart piece and told me to bring it to work on tomorrow! 9 PAGES!!!!!!!!!! She said that it looked like my style and she played it for her college class (senior year) for one of her final pieces... I can not play senior college level pieces!!!

I think I need to go calm down and read a book and drink some tea...

GSA stands for Governor Scholar for the Arts. The thing I am going to tomorrow is a workshop which basically means I get to scout my competition for the scholarship when I have to audition in January. It is a super hard thing to get into but I think maybe I will be able to make it, if not this year than next. GSA gives you two opportunities to try, your sophomore year and junior year. I am applying both years so I have a better chance. Most people think you can only apply for it your junior year but you can apply for it both years. Thank goodness...

Tomorrow I take a piece to work on (the 9 page Mozart piece and Felix Culpa by Audrey Assad :dance: ) and three prepared solos (mentioned above.) I will get professional training for 6 hours tomorrow  and other stuff.

PP: I will have to go have some tea!

WE WANT AUDIOS (we won't ask for videos)!!!!   No you cannot count 'music' among the things you read.  Nooooo.  Nor can you count the steps you walk to and from musical instruments.  Although... hm.... did I actually OUT WALK you last week, Carter???????  (won't happen this week, I'm slow, but wow.....)

Spem in alium

WE WANT AUDIOS  

Yes. Yes, we do.

Although... hm.... did I actually OUT WALK you last week, Carter???????  (won't happen this week, I'm slow, but wow.....)

45822-jon-stewart-mind-blown-gif-DF98.gi

Carter you can do that piece! If I can volunteer to play my flute at my parish for Christmas (and I haven't really played in YEARS) you can master this piece. I think it is pretty awesome that your piano teacher thinks you can do the piece she played her senior year.

AL... yeah you did and you probably did again this week since I feel bad putting the hour I lift weights on the thread. I feel like it is cheating and it is really to cold to take Jonas for a walk right now so I can only count the 10 breathing probably.

TT: Glad to hear you are going back to the flute, such a beautiful instrument! But I don't know if I will be able to play it. All I can play right now is the theme and part of a variation....

The artshop was stupid! They just talked the whole time basically! I only played three scales... Very disappointed but I am still going to apply for the Scholarship, it looks good on college applications.

You sleep, Carter!   Yes, you SHOULD count the lifting BECAUSE...

:winner:  :dance5:  :flex:  :flex2: it's really important to find alternative ways to exercise

f it is too cold/hot/bad weather, etc. to do your usual activities.!  

Yes,  :flex2: is valid! :)

Edited by AnneLine

I did sleep, for like 12 hours... I have a slight cold right now so that was probably good for me with the big cup of tea I had. have I mentioned I love tea? And books?

Oh and we are suppose to get 2-4 inches of snow tonight so maybe a hour delay tomorrow? That would mean shortened math class!!!