Not A Mallard Posted February 3, 2015 Posted February 3, 2015 I cannot plan my whole life can I? :P Ask a priest.
cartermia Posted February 3, 2015 Author Posted February 3, 2015 Lol! I have a meeting with my SD tomorrow during my lunch break so I will discuss this possible if the bell doesn't ring. He said that he wanted to speak with me so I don't know how long that will take. Oh I forgot to mention that homecoming is next Saturday! I am wearing a floor length black dress, it looks almost like a Greek style of dress but not quite. It was a lot a but to big so grandmama was making some alterations for me. I cannot wait to see it complete! Two weeks till the school play! My first practice for stage crew is tomorrow and I cannot wait to see how the actors are doing! And I cannot wait to see the props I am in charge of! :smile2:
cartermia Posted February 3, 2015 Author Posted February 3, 2015 My SD is sick and is not at school today... Maybe on Thursday? :idontknow:
cartermia Posted February 5, 2015 Author Posted February 5, 2015 I had a three hour long practice today for the play! Plus homework and tutoring after school for an hour (I tutor some kids for the school twice a week). I am worn out and about to drop. I will be on :cloud9: tonight if I get some sleep. Whoever is the patron saint of sleep, pray for me!!!
cartermia Posted February 6, 2015 Author Posted February 6, 2015 The saint must have prayed for me and for a two hour delay! I got to wake up at 9 instead of 7 and those two hours were greatly needed!!!
cartermia Posted February 8, 2015 Author Posted February 8, 2015 So I just got in from homecoming and on a scale from 1-10 it was probably about an 8. This past week two different guys asked me ti go to the dance with them (go ahead and guess one if them...); a kid named Austin and if course the netorios Joey. I said no to them both and used dad as an excuse... Tonight though Joey came up during a slow song and asked to dance and I said yes because I didn't want to say no and be rude in front of my friends... That was my first time actually slow dancing with a guy (besides in 7&8 grade when we had to slow dance with them.) to put it simply: it was AWKWARD! :blush: Oh well I got through it alive and maybe I will post pics later! I should probably go to bed; I gave to serve at Mass tomorrow.
cartermia Posted February 8, 2015 Author Posted February 8, 2015 Today would have been Grandma and Granddaddy's 51st wedding anniversary. Keep Grandma in your prayers today please!
cartermia Posted February 10, 2015 Author Posted February 10, 2015 Need sleep!!! 4 hour practice + 8 hour school day = grumpy Carter...
Not A Mallard Posted February 10, 2015 Posted February 10, 2015 Need sleep!!! 4 hour practice + 8 hour school day = grumpy Ca[r]t[er]...
cartermia Posted February 11, 2015 Author Posted February 11, 2015 :hehe2: I should get enough sleep tonight but tomorrow we have a super long rehearsal. They are taking us out of school around 8 am to 12 pm then after school we go to 9 pm (10 hours total...) Prayers for a family friend who is not doing well right now. She was airlifted to UC Hospital today. Thank you all for your prayers always! :)
cartermia Posted February 14, 2015 Author Posted February 14, 2015 Thank you all for the prayers for Kaye (the family friend) but I am sorry to say she never got to leave the hospital. She passed away this morning; I found out by checking my Facebook during religion and I saw that her daughter had posted a memorial to her. Lets just say I was happy we were having a St. Valentine party today snd i sut in the back of the room since I started to softly cry. Kaye was a sweet lady and she died to young, she was only 67. Thank you all for your prayers! :)
cartermia Posted February 17, 2015 Author Posted February 17, 2015 Snow day today and tomorrow!!! I spent the night at Grandma's house last night since we were expected to get up to a foot of snow (and we got about 3/4 of that) and I knew we wouldn't have school. I got home about 30 minutes ago and after being home for about 5 minutes my school called and said there was no school tomorrow!!! I love snow days! :dance5: I went sledding today, I built an igloo and snowman, made snow angels, and drank hot chocolate. Oh and I worked on my quilt!
cartermia Posted February 18, 2015 Author Posted February 18, 2015 My brother just ordered me Mother Dolores's book! It comes in in two days!!!
HopefulHeart Posted February 18, 2015 Posted February 18, 2015 My brother just ordered me Mother Dolores's book! It comes in in two days!!! Very nice! I enjoyed the book, especially the first half, which was about Mother Dolores's childhood and career in Hollywood. :)
cartermia Posted February 19, 2015 Author Posted February 19, 2015 Sweet! I have been wanting to read it since it first came out! I hinted about it and he told today that it would be coming in the mail on Friday. I gave up fiction for lent (again...) so I needed a good nonfiction book. Any other suggestions?
Not A Mallard Posted February 19, 2015 Posted February 19, 2015 Sweet! I have been wanting to read it since it first came out! I hinted about it and he told today that it would be coming in the mail on Friday. I gave up fiction for lent (again...) so I needed a good nonfiction book. Any other suggestions? Surprised by Truth. Each installment of the series features conversion stories, mostly from Protestants. I've only read the first one, but it was pretty good.
HopefulHeart Posted February 19, 2015 Posted February 19, 2015 Sweet! I have been wanting to read it since it first came out! I hinted about it and he told today that it would be coming in the mail on Friday. I gave up fiction for lent (again...) so I needed a good nonfiction book. Any other suggestions? The Shadow of His Wings, by Fr. Gereon Goldmann (About a German Catholic in World War II) To Myself a Stranger: A Biography of Rose Hawthorne Lathrop, by Patricia Valenti (Rose Hawthorne Lathrop was the daughter of Nathaniel Hawthorne and the founder of the Hawthorne Dominicans.) The Little Flowers of St. Francis (A collection of vignettes about St. Francis and his friars.) I also recently read Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass for school and was quite impressed.
cartermia Posted February 19, 2015 Author Posted February 19, 2015 Those sound really good! I will definitely have yo try them! Oh and no school tomorrow!!!
cartermia Posted February 20, 2015 Author Posted February 20, 2015 This is the best week ever! I haven't had any school all week and I have gotten to be lazy and sleep! :) The book is suppose to come today! I am sitting by the front window waiting anxiously for it to come!
cartermia Posted February 20, 2015 Author Posted February 20, 2015 The book is here!!! But I opened up the cover and it was signed to a guy named Michael from Mother Dolores Hart... What should I do? :idontknow:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now