cartermia Posted November 4, 2014 Author Posted November 4, 2014 I found one that I like and dad approved. It was a Moko brand and I get the navy color. People's reviews where good on it and I thought the color would go well with my school books. (So I can bring it to class with me without anyone knowing...)
cartermia Posted November 7, 2014 Author Posted November 7, 2014 It came in!!! And it fits just a snug as a rug on a bug. :hehe: I have always loved that expression! I am watching That's so Raven on Disney right now! I love this show so much... :heart: :heart: :heart: I served a funeral today, it was the third one I had served this week. But this time it was my band teacher's mom who passed away so I actually knew the person. I served with 4 of the grandchildren who had never served at my parish (and they were all 8th grade and below...) so they were not so experienced. When Fr. B asked me if I would serve this one I thought I would be with my "funeral crew", 4 of the guys who serve well. I am the only girl in the "funeral crew"... Fr. B never told me I would be serving with inexperienced servers. I asked him about it after school today when he saw me and said that I was like a MC (master of ceremonies) for the servers. Then he said it was a test to see if I could lead and direct the servers. I told him that I didn't do a very good job, one of them fell asleep in the homily... He laughed and said that they probably had a long night and I did a good job covering for all of them. Next time when he gets mad at me for doing something wrong while serving I will just have to tell him I had a "long night". Oh and today there was an academic match and Mr. M played me for like 5 questions! He usually plays me for at least 50, so I don't know what is up... :unsure: Oh well tis life I guess...
Spem in alium Posted November 7, 2014 Posted November 7, 2014 (edited) Next time when he gets mad at me for doing something wrong while serving I will just have to tell him I had a "long night". That's the spirit! You could always blame in on all the reading you have to do for the Summer Reading thread... :) Edited November 7, 2014 by Spem in alium
cartermia Posted November 8, 2014 Author Posted November 8, 2014 Lol, if I said that than he would probably tell me that the saints didn't come up with excuses or something like that. I have to write a scholarship thingy (not really a scholarship but like one) this weekend to be able to go to this summer conference for "leaders". And have three test on Monday. On top of that next Saturday is the Governor Scholar of the Art's Art Shop and I have to have 3 solos prepared and a piece to work on. Busy week ahead!
cartermia Posted November 8, 2014 Author Posted November 8, 2014 I really want to do something fun! But that isn't going to happen today... :cry3:
Spem in alium Posted November 8, 2014 Posted November 8, 2014 You sound super busy this week! Good luck with it all :) Do you know what solos you'll be doing at the Art Shop?
cartermia Posted November 8, 2014 Author Posted November 8, 2014 I think I do. I had to decide and I couldn't pick them out so I had my dad rate his favorite as I played. His top three won! Autumn Glow by Martha Mier Winter Frolic (cannot remember composer) and White Cliffs of Dover (also cannot remember composer) I like these the best and they show off my strengths and cover my weaknesses! I have half of the scholarship thingy done! Better get back to work!
cartermia Posted November 9, 2014 Author Posted November 9, 2014 So I have been looking at colleges and my grandma is just like you are going to a Catholic college! I want one of my grandkids to either go to FUS, Ave Maria (Florida), or.... BENEDICTINE COLLEGE!!! The Bens are following me everywhere and I really like their campus from what I can see.... BC and the Abbey of Regina Laudis maybe? Time will only tell!
cartermia Posted November 10, 2014 Author Posted November 10, 2014 Got the scholarship thingy done!!! Have the songs picked out and well practiced! And yesterday my mom was just like there is an art contest and the stuff is due on Monday, I want you to put three things in it. I didn't have three complete things to put in it (at the time...) but now I do! I finished a pointillism, had one done, and I am putting in a quilt (I had to sew on a name tag but that took like 30 minutes, no biggy.) And the two pointillism pictures are matted and ready to go. I have all the paper work done for the contest too! Oh and I have three test tomorrow... Somehow I got all my homework done this weekend and now I am watching Ancient Aliens (my favorite show!!!) on the History Channel!
cartermia Posted November 10, 2014 Author Posted November 10, 2014 Got the scholarship thingy turned in and got the art for the art contest put in!!! Now it will be an easy week with extra piano time. Oh and on top of that I got a 99% on my math test!!! Mom bought me hot chocolate since this was a rare occasion!
cartermia Posted November 12, 2014 Author Posted November 12, 2014 I won two things in a 31 (the brand) contest!!! It was a fundraiser for my cousins' school so my mom bought all of us girls a ticket and I won two things!!! Last year I won something in this same fundraiser. My grandma said, "How in h... are you that lucky?" I laughed! :hehe:
cartermia Posted November 14, 2014 Author Posted November 14, 2014 Well so much for an easy week! Every teacher decided to give us a test! I had a math, Spanish, biology, history, accounting, band (didn't know we had test in band....), English, and two test in religion!!! Oh and the GSA is tomorrow!!! I am freaking out! Everybody is going to be super good and then there will just be me... Their skill level from 1-100 is probably 98's mine is like a 5... And Mrs. K, my music teacher at school, asked me if I was going tomorrow and I said yes. Then she gave me a 9 page Mozart piece and told me to bring it to work on tomorrow! 9 PAGES!!!!!!!!!! She said that it looked like my style and she played it for her college class (senior year) for one of her final pieces... I can not play senior college level pieces!!! I think I need to go calm down and read a book and drink some tea...
AnneLine Posted November 15, 2014 Posted November 15, 2014 You'll do fine, Carter! Uh... what is a GSA? Is it a competition?
puellapaschalis Posted November 15, 2014 Posted November 15, 2014 Tea will make everything better. Have some tea.
cartermia Posted November 15, 2014 Author Posted November 15, 2014 GSA stands for Governor Scholar for the Arts. The thing I am going to tomorrow is a workshop which basically means I get to scout my competition for the scholarship when I have to audition in January. It is a super hard thing to get into but I think maybe I will be able to make it, if not this year than next. GSA gives you two opportunities to try, your sophomore year and junior year. I am applying both years so I have a better chance. Most people think you can only apply for it your junior year but you can apply for it both years. Thank goodness... Tomorrow I take a piece to work on (the 9 page Mozart piece and Felix Culpa by Audrey Assad :dance: ) and three prepared solos (mentioned above.) I will get professional training for 6 hours tomorrow and other stuff. PP: I will have to go have some tea!
AnneLine Posted November 15, 2014 Posted November 15, 2014 WE WANT AUDIOS (we won't ask for videos)!!!! No you cannot count 'music' among the things you read. Nooooo. Nor can you count the steps you walk to and from musical instruments. Although... hm.... did I actually OUT WALK you last week, Carter??????? (won't happen this week, I'm slow, but wow.....)
Spem in alium Posted November 15, 2014 Posted November 15, 2014 WE WANT AUDIOS Yes. Yes, we do. Although... hm.... did I actually OUT WALK you last week, Carter??????? (won't happen this week, I'm slow, but wow.....)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now