An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

Thanks guys! 5 hours and 30 minutes until my aunt drives me over there. We will get there 15 minutes before registration starts so we have plenty of time for everything. Prayers for you all!

It was great except everyone knew each other and I was like an outsider. Got a lot out of it spiritually!

Carter, you get old, wiser, probably more beautiful... and nothing changes!  You have a truly HUGE competitive streak!   YOU MAY BE RIGHT that you will win... I dunno...... hehehehehe  :hehe2:

Why thank you! I do have a competitive side in me, just a little one though... :winner:

The tea I am drinking right now is terrible. I have a right to better tea!

Prayers please: my piano teacher passed away yesterday. Could you guys prayer for her soul and her family please. I took lessons from her for half my life (7 years.) Thanks guys.

TheresaThoma

Carter I'm sorry to hear about that. I will pray for her and her family and friends.

Thanks guys. I feel really bad since my family is going out of town this week and I won't be around for her funeral or visitation. I was suppose to have a lesson with her today, we were suppose to finally finish the series of books I have been using since I first started. We both hated them since they had too much jazz and blues. Jazz and blues shouldn't be played on the piano!  

Got back from Fl last night around midnight. I got a lot of reading done and saw a lot of history (I was a t St. Augustine, FL).

Prayed for your music teacher, Carter and you can always look up the 'Office of the Dead' on www.divineoffice.org and pray that for her.... because the Liturgy of the Hours is 'Liturgy' which means it is part of the official prayer of the Church, you get the entire Church praying with you when you pray that for someone....

As far as your trip, it sounds fascinating, Carter!   Tell us more about St. Augustine!

I mentioned it on the book thread, but you should definitely check out these Norah Lofts books:

Eleanor the Queen (about Eleanor of Aquitaine)

The Lute Player (about Richard the Lionhearted)

The King's Pleasure (about Katharine of Aragon)

The Concubine (about Anne Boleyn)

And she did a lot of 'historical' period novels that are pure novels, too!

I also think you would like James Michener, who does these HUGE novels over a large period of history -- I am pretty sure you would like Hawaii and The Source....The Source is about an archeological dig in Israel and the 'histories' of the people whose stuff they dig up....  It was written in the 1960's, so some of the history has moved around since then... but not a lot!   

And if you want something that is just pure fun... you might like some of Dorothy Gilman's novels - The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax or The Nun in the Closet.... or The Tightrope Walker...

And you would probably like the Tommy and Tuppence series of Agatha Christie - start with The Secret Adversary….

Happy reading!  :)

Lemme know if you try any of those... would be curious if you like them.  My bet is that you will, because we seem to like the same kinds of stuff. 

Been at grandma's house all week. There are plenty of beans to pick and I don't want grandma or granddad to have to get out there and pick them. Also am working on a quilt again and have bee reading plenty of books.