An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

Thanks, Fr. B said to have another meeting after school but I asked him about all the different coaches and practices in the fall and everything. He said to send the coaches to him, since he is the Chaplin of the school. I think Wednesday September 3rd would be a good day. Everybody hates Wednesdays so we can make it fun!

Today's is my birthday!!!

I woke up and took flowers to the Blessed Mother at Church since she needed a gift for her birthday, ya know. And then I served Mass, the priest was 20 minutes late (overslept!). He asked me what I was doing up (since we had the day off from school) and I told him it was my/Blessed Mother's birthday. So at the end of Mass he said, "We have two songs to sing..." And then went into Happy Birthday, but when he got to the name part he just kind of looked at me and I whispered Carter... He is a new priest so I cut him some slack, but if you don't know someone's name then you shouldn't be singing Happy Birthday to them. It was sweet though, and then I went out to breakfast with some of the daily Mass goers and now I am typing this. Now I have to go clean my room and do Geometry homework (a take-home test). So much fun!

Today's is my birthday!!!
I woke up and took flowers to the Blessed Mother at Church since she needed a gift for her birthday, ya know. And then I served Mass, the priest was 20 minutes late (overslept!). He asked me what I was doing up (since we had the day off from school) and I told him it was my/Blessed Mother's birthday. So at the end of Mass he said, "We have two songs to sing..." And then went into Happy Birthday, but when he got to the name part he just kind of looked at me and I whispered Carter... He is a new priest so I cut him some slack, but if you don't know someone's name then you shouldn't be singing Happy Birthday to them. It was sweet though, and then I went out to breakfast with some of the daily Mass goers and now I am typing this. Now I have to go clean my room and do Geometry homework (a take-home test). So much fun!

Happy birthday! :)

Thanks! I haven't even started on my room or my take-home test. I have been writing memorandums seeking permission to do pro-life events at school. And then I went to prolifeworld.com and they have super cute tshirts! I know what I am doing with my birthday money!

ChristinaTherese

You have the best birthday ever. And I think (I haven't fact checked this) that St. Therese professed vows on Sept. 8. It's in Story of a Soul, I think, so somebody with the book should check it out.

I just looked it up online and she did make her final profession on September 8th. I always see a lot of connections to 9/8; St. Augustine, Florida was founded, the first Mass in the New World was said, saints do stuff on it... and so on.

After Mass today, since I served... again...) I asked Fr. SoandSo if I could just stay in the church and play the piano and organ all day since it was the perfect day to do that. He said no, but then he went on to ask me something else...

Father: Carter, have you ever thought about going to stay at a convent for a week?

Me: uhmmmm.... yes...

Father: Have you stayed at a convent for a week?

Me: No...

Father: Would you be willing to stay for a week?

Me: Maybe...

Father: You notice I said nothing about a vocation, yes?

Me: Yes, at least you didn't do what Fathers blahssss...... (like five different priest) said and then I stop listening.

Father: umhhh very interesting that all of them would notice that...

Me (having a sudden urge to go to math class): I have to go, wouldn't want to be late to Mr. H's class.

I practically ran out of there back to the school... I think Father will be looking for discernment/any type of retreat for me to go to. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing... Ideas anybody?

While in theory I would say that such a visit would not be a bad thing, it sounds like you're being pushed/pressured in this and that is a bad thing. While I am sure Father means well, visiting a community or going on a retreat when you're in that kind of mind frame could make it difficult for you to truly appreciate the experience.

That's just my two cents, but how did you feel about the idea when it was suggested? Aside from "run away"? :hehe: