An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

Well,  uh... yes.   :paperbag:  

And one was in religion... because I refused to do the work because I said (correctly!) that what was being taught was heretical.   :bomb:

Even then I had a streak of :brutebeast:     :hehe:

Teacher on that one said the only reason I didn't get an "F" was because she didn't believe in flunking people in a religion class.   :P

I think I actually thought my parents would have a hissy fit... or  :dead:     but they ignored it.

Probably more effective in the long run as I got really tough on MYSELF! :boink:

I ended up getting straight A's eventually....   I am making an argument that there is ALWAYS the possibility of changing and growing and learning to study well!  :bible:

Edited by AnneLine

Printing this out and showing it to my mother and father when they get my report card! :)

Oh my, they will wonder WHO you are consorting with on the internet!!!!!

I really hated High School... probably because I was SOOOOO bored!   :covereyes:

First year or two of college (going part time) I really floundered as well.   :giveup2: 

And I was stubborn and wouldn't work in classes I didn't like. :stubborn:

When I finally ended up going back to college after a few years off, I knew what I wanted to major in :bible: and I somehow had not only figured out how to study :like3: but also figured out how to study stuff I didn't like..... :think2: which was a really useful thing!  :dance5:

By the time I graduated, I got department honors in my subject... and was carrying a 3.84 average.... one point off summa cum laude.  (If I hadn't had the bad grades earlier, :sorry:  I would have been easily in Summa....)   :hmmm:

So yeah, I do think there is SOME hope for you!   ;)  

Plus... you already have figured out that you HAVE to do the work in the classes you don't like, so you are far ahead of me!   :scholar:

My friend's band/solo concert is tonight!!! She is singing 6 original songs and 5 cover songs!

UPDATE: So my friend's gig started off really bad... :pinch:

She had been booked at the local music store, and the guys who owns it got sued for owning someone money. He closed up shop without telling the people he booked, no note on the door no nothing! We found out since we saw one of the employees going to a diner across the street. So this is like 2 hours before the concert starts and we are freaking out since we both  are alone and have no idea what to do... Until Bailey, my friend, remembered an outdoor stage about a block away, but she didn't remember if it was on public property so we made several phone calls and asked if it was okay. During this her grandfather, her legal guardian, and was going off on her telling her she had to have a permit. I told him it was my idea but we had called some reliable people and they said it was okay. Oh and my mom and dad helped a lot with getting some poster boards to make a sign saying that we had relocated and other stuff like that. Now I am Bailey's "manager".

I had an idea to do another gig but with a different local music store (in another town close by) and do it before the school year starts as a back to school gig. She loved the idea but she said one thing was missing, I have to play the piano and sing with her for this one. I said maybe... :unsure: I like to stick to the behind the scenes stuff really! :paperbag: 

I have poison ivy and it is everywhere, I really mean everywhere! Just my luck... A great start to summer vacation! :pinch:

I finished the patchwork part of my quilt! Now I just have to tie it and put the binding on!

Be careful not to get any of the 'poison ivy' into that quilt, or you could re-infect  yourself.  I am not sure if P Ivy works the same way, but it  is the 'serum' that is the guilty party with poison oak... just don't let yourself spread it.....

Hope you are feeling better, Carter!!!!!

ChristinaTherese

Yep. It gets into things you touch. So you can't scratch it and then touch other parts of yourself, and you have to be careful about what else you touch, sit on, etc. too or you could spread it to your family.

I had it once, Carter... it was nasty. I hope you recover quickly.

Maybe get someone to put you into 4 point restraints?  (i.e., tie you down hand and foot so you can't scratch)  (that is a joke, by the way).   :console:  Wish I could just paint you with calamine and make it all better.   

I have already asked Grandma to wash the quilt (she doesn't get poison ivy *knockonwood*).

Every time I look at your avatar now, Carter, I think it is you desperately trying NOT to scratch!

We have a family story in my family, of one of my aunts who went walking in the woods at one point.  She came back with a HUGE bouquet of what she THOUGHT were autumn leaves.   Beautiful!    She couldn't understand why people were fleeing as she walked down the street.

PoisonOak1.jpg

You guessed it... a giant bouquet of poison oak.

And I guess she was pretty miserable... but never made that mistake again!

YOu might also enjoy this... the Carmelite Fathers in California have a House of Prayer in Oakville... which is in the Napa valley.  Beautiful place.  But there is LOT of poison oak in the bushes.   The poor student brothers have to do a lot of the maintenance a few times a year.

VINEYARDS+.JPG

oakville%5B1%5D.jpg

They call the place 'Poison Oakville'.   hehehehe

Well, I know where not to visit! I have had poison oak also and it was worse than this. Don't want to get that again!