AnneLine Posted May 16, 2014 Posted May 16, 2014 ... And I also have a meeting with Fr. soandso for the pro-life group I have been trying to start. (go back several pages on the thread) I have called him numerous times about getting it started but he never called back. BUT NOW HE HAS!!! Mrs. soanso, my principal, said I have to have a formal meeting with him before I could continue on with my plans. The funny thing is that this year my virtue was perseverance and I had really needed help with this virtue the past 3 months. I found on opportunity to practice this virtue Annelinne! :winner: GOOD FOR YOU!!! And it is paying off!!!! :buddies: :heart:
cartermia Posted May 18, 2014 Author Posted May 18, 2014 The meeting didn't happen. He was suppose to call me to the office but he never did. Kind of mad, but I guess I need to still practice last year's virtue, patience, some more... :unsure:
AnneLine Posted May 18, 2014 Posted May 18, 2014 This is what patience LOOKS like on the outside: :concede: This is what patience FEELS like on the inside: :mad3: But you can wait for God's timing ... and soon it be more like this! :clap: :dance4: :clapping: :like:
cartermia Posted May 20, 2014 Author Posted May 20, 2014 Yup! I my medals fell down the drain. I have to wait for dad to get them out, but he is eating dinner with a business client that is in town. I just want him to get home.
AnneLine Posted May 20, 2014 Posted May 20, 2014 You have been having a bad day, Cartermia!!!! :console: :heart:
cartermia Posted May 24, 2014 Author Posted May 24, 2014 So my sisters' graduation went okay, my mom cried when one of my sisters gave her solitarian speech. I had already heard it so I knew what she was going to say. Oh if you guys could maybe say a pray for me at 8 a.m.- 9:45 a.m. on Tuesday (it's my math final) and same time on Wednesday (it's my science final). These will probably the hardest finals for me so if you could say a little prayer to our Lady of Wisdom or something that would be greatly appreciated! :)
TheresaThoma Posted May 25, 2014 Posted May 25, 2014 Ask for St Joseph cupertino's intercession, He has been a great study buddy for me!
cartermia Posted May 25, 2014 Author Posted May 25, 2014 Eastern time zone. TT I have a prayer printed out to prayer during the study break of the test.
AnneLine Posted May 25, 2014 Posted May 25, 2014 (edited) Well.... my motto was, In God I Trust... and also in flashcards! YOU CAN DO THIS Carter. You just need to focus. We will pray and YOU will study!!!! :pray: :bible: :bible: :bible: :pray: And... be sure to :eat: a good breakfast before the exams! I won't promise to stay up to pray for you, but I will stoke your spiritual backpack before I head to bed! You are on my to-do list, and I will remind the Lumpkins as well! Edited May 25, 2014 by AnneLine
cartermia Posted May 27, 2014 Author Posted May 27, 2014 I got an 80% on the math final, better than I thought I would get at least. I know my dad is going to be mad though... :unsure: Tomorrow is science and religion, the religion final is really easy and the science I will study for a little bit.
ChristinaTherese Posted May 27, 2014 Posted May 27, 2014 A B isn't the end of the world, and neither is your dad being mad. Hang in there. :buddies: (I got a C- in one class last year.... It was a little sad, but I knew I was doing badly in that class, so I wasn't shocked or anything.)
AnneLine Posted May 28, 2014 Posted May 28, 2014 (edited) We will not discuss the year I got 3 D's, a C- and 1 A-...... Ten years later I graduated Summa Cum Laude... You aren't over the hill yet, Cartermia! Edited May 28, 2014 by AnneLine
cartermia Posted May 28, 2014 Author Posted May 28, 2014 YOU GOT THREE D's!?!? :o I would be dead if that happened. Oh and my average for math is an 80 which is a C at my school. And I got a 91 on my science final, a B+. Spanish and English are tomorrow, two different language test! I think they do that to mess us up! :nono: 1.5 days of school!!!
AnneLine Posted May 28, 2014 Posted May 28, 2014 (edited) Well, uh... yes. :paperbag: And one was in religion... because I refused to do the work because I said (correctly!) that what was being taught was heretical. :bomb: Even then I had a streak of :brutebeast: :hehe: Teacher on that one said the only reason I didn't get an "F" was because she didn't believe in flunking people in a religion class. :P I think I actually thought my parents would have a hissy fit... or :dead: but they ignored it. Probably more effective in the long run as I got really tough on MYSELF! :boink: I ended up getting straight A's eventually.... I am making an argument that there is ALWAYS the possibility of changing and growing and learning to study well! :bible: Edited May 28, 2014 by AnneLine
cartermia Posted May 28, 2014 Author Posted May 28, 2014 Printing this out and showing it to my mother and father when they get my report card! :)
AnneLine Posted May 30, 2014 Posted May 30, 2014 Oh my, they will wonder WHO you are consorting with on the internet!!!!! I really hated High School... probably because I was SOOOOO bored! :covereyes: First year or two of college (going part time) I really floundered as well. :giveup2: And I was stubborn and wouldn't work in classes I didn't like. :stubborn: When I finally ended up going back to college after a few years off, I knew what I wanted to major in :bible: and I somehow had not only figured out how to study :like3: but also figured out how to study stuff I didn't like..... :think2: which was a really useful thing! :dance5: By the time I graduated, I got department honors in my subject... and was carrying a 3.84 average.... one point off summa cum laude. (If I hadn't had the bad grades earlier, :sorry: I would have been easily in Summa....) :hmmm: So yeah, I do think there is SOME hope for you! ;) Plus... you already have figured out that you HAVE to do the work in the classes you don't like, so you are far ahead of me! :scholar:
cartermia Posted May 30, 2014 Author Posted May 30, 2014 My friend's band/solo concert is tonight!!! She is singing 6 original songs and 5 cover songs!
cartermia Posted May 31, 2014 Author Posted May 31, 2014 UPDATE: So my friend's gig started off really bad... :pinch: She had been booked at the local music store, and the guys who owns it got sued for owning someone money. He closed up shop without telling the people he booked, no note on the door no nothing! We found out since we saw one of the employees going to a diner across the street. So this is like 2 hours before the concert starts and we are freaking out since we both are alone and have no idea what to do... Until Bailey, my friend, remembered an outdoor stage about a block away, but she didn't remember if it was on public property so we made several phone calls and asked if it was okay. During this her grandfather, her legal guardian, and was going off on her telling her she had to have a permit. I told him it was my idea but we had called some reliable people and they said it was okay. Oh and my mom and dad helped a lot with getting some poster boards to make a sign saying that we had relocated and other stuff like that. Now I am Bailey's "manager". I had an idea to do another gig but with a different local music store (in another town close by) and do it before the school year starts as a back to school gig. She loved the idea but she said one thing was missing, I have to play the piano and sing with her for this one. I said maybe... :unsure: I like to stick to the behind the scenes stuff really! :paperbag:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now