Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

Are we going to do a summer reading thing again and if so I have already read 5 big books this past week.

Posted

I do not know.   Chrysophlax asked the same thing.  I'm open to it, but that was Byz's baby.  I will PM him.....

 

Posted

Two days guys!!! Today I helped my aunt make a kitchen garden so she can have herbs and vegetables right outside her kitchen door. I had to take the sod/grass off and then I hoed it out all nice and fine. It looks wonderful outside her window. It is amazing how much work you can get done when you have good music! :pm:

Posted (edited)

About the Summer Reading.... I've connected with Byz, and he can't do it this year but is OK with me doing it.  So I will put up a thread and see if there is interest.   (Let's all remember to play nice if I do it though, ok?????   ALL of us!!!!)  

 

I'd keep track of the books and pages and chances are when you get back there will be a thread for it....

Edited by AnneLine
Posted

Woohoo!!! I am happy now! The retreat is tomorrow and I am nervous and very excited about it! 

 

Posted

You have a wonderful time!  I am jealous!  Say hi to Jesus for me!

maximillion
Posted

Have a great retreat.....

Posted

Thanks guys! 5 hours and 30 minutes until my aunt drives me over there. We will get there 15 minutes before registration starts so we have plenty of time for everything. Prayers for you all!

Posted

It was great except everyone knew each other and I was like an outsider. Got a lot out of it spiritually!

Posted

Excellent!  And you come join us in that 'Summer Reading Thing' thread!

 

Posted

Just logged some books in! I am going to win this year! :p :evil: :hehe2:

 

Posted

Carter, you get old, wiser, probably more beautiful... and nothing changes!  You have a truly HUGE competitive streak!   YOU MAY BE RIGHT that you will win... I dunno...... hehehehehe  :hehe2:

Posted

Why thank you! I do have a competitive side in me, just a little one though... :winner:

 

The tea I am drinking right now is terrible. I have a right to better tea!

Posted

Prayers please: my piano teacher passed away yesterday. Could you guys prayer for her soul and her family please. I took lessons from her for half my life (7 years.) Thanks guys.

TheresaThoma
Posted

Carter I'm sorry to hear about that. I will pray for her and her family and friends.

Posted

praying here to cartermia

Posted

Thanks guys. I feel really bad since my family is going out of town this week and I won't be around for her funeral or visitation. I was suppose to have a lesson with her today, we were suppose to finally finish the series of books I have been using since I first started. We both hated them since they had too much jazz and blues. Jazz and blues shouldn't be played on the piano!  

Posted

Got back from Fl last night around midnight. I got a lot of reading done and saw a lot of history (I was a t St. Augustine, FL).

Posted

Prayed for your music teacher, Carter and you can always look up the 'Office of the Dead' on www.divineoffice.org and pray that for her.... because the Liturgy of the Hours is 'Liturgy' which means it is part of the official prayer of the Church, you get the entire Church praying with you when you pray that for someone....

 

As far as your trip, it sounds fascinating, Carter!   Tell us more about St. Augustine!

 

I mentioned it on the book thread, but you should definitely check out these Norah Lofts books:

 

Eleanor the Queen (about Eleanor of Aquitaine)

The Lute Player (about Richard the Lionhearted)

The King's Pleasure (about Katharine of Aragon)

The Concubine (about Anne Boleyn)

 

And she did a lot of 'historical' period novels that are pure novels, too!

 

 

I also think you would like James Michener, who does these HUGE novels over a large period of history -- I am pretty sure you would like Hawaii and The Source....The Source is about an archeological dig in Israel and the 'histories' of the people whose stuff they dig up....  It was written in the 1960's, so some of the history has moved around since then... but not a lot!   

 

And if you want something that is just pure fun... you might like some of Dorothy Gilman's novels - The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax or The Nun in the Closet.... or The Tightrope Walker...

 

And you would probably like the Tommy and Tuppence series of Agatha Christie - start with The Secret Adversary….

 

Happy reading!  :)

 

Lemme know if you try any of those... would be curious if you like them.  My bet is that you will, because we seem to like the same kinds of stuff. 

Posted

Been at grandma's house all week. There are plenty of beans to pick and I don't want grandma or granddad to have to get out there and pick them. Also am working on a quilt again and have bee reading plenty of books.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...