An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

cartermia

Skipped the detention, but Mr. :evil: pants probably didn't remember that I had one any ways...

So last night our assistant tennis coach told me if I moved (on wet courts btw) then I could have some *froyo  from her froyo shop. I moved and I ran into the tennis net post thingymijig. I ended up with frozen custard instead of froyo and a nice bruise to show for my movement!

*I am such a white girl since I love frozen yogurt/froyo! :p #whitegirl   

cartermia

Today is my sisters' prom and I just fixed their hair since their hair appointments fell through. Lauren's, one of my sisters, hair looked great after I fixed it but Elizabeth didn't tell me what she wanted so I did a fancy bun. She hated and started crying about how she wasn't going to be pretty. I told her she could just do it herself since she had ben being really mean and bossy all day. Then mom came up and told me it looked awful and told me to get out. I went to my room, put on my tennis shoes, and was going to go for a bike ride to blow off steam when Dad told me I couldn't. I totally lost it then. Dad told me just to sit and watch TV, but I started arguing. I just wanted to go for a dag-on bike ride for heaven's sake! He told me no and I had to explain what happened and then mom came down and started asking me why I was being so mean and other stupid stuff. I told her that next time I am not doing their hair and they really should give people more than 12 hours notice. Yeah, I had 12 flipping hours notice. I don't even what to go to the walk-in now, I wouldn't go if I didn't have an obligation there. I have to help people up the steps so they don't fall getting onto the stage. I have no, I mean NNNNNNOOOOOO, patience right now!   

cartermia

This past weekend has been the Regionals for tennis. My sisters are going to state!!! My coach wasn't going to have me play this year since I just started. But my sisters are going to state!!!! And I get to skip school!!!

Oh, and I hurt my hand on Saturday and know I cannot play the piano or clarinet really well. My band teacher is going to be mad since we have a concert coming up. I should be okay in about I week, I just pulled something said my aunt who is basically like our doctor.

cartermia

So do you guys remember that character analysis paper I was suppose to be typing? Well it is due tomorrow and I kind of forgot about it. :paperbag:    :pinch:     Been working all day on it so I only have to more paragraphs to write and then I need to revise.

cartermia

I finished it today around noon and it was due at 1:20, so I was cutting it a little close.

oh and I love this new profile pic! If I were a mermaid I would look like this.

cartermia

Fr. soandso just gave us a new assignment, a paper on a person who impacted American Catholicism. He chose who we get to do and I got Dorothy Day! I really wanted Mother Angelica though, but she wasn't a choose anyways. :(

I saw this and it reminded me of your Joey.

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4sfh2u8cgU[/URL]

Hey!

And Silentjoy, that was spot on. My classmates have told Joey to stop flirting with me and I try to move or switch groups if I have to work with him. Last night I asked him if he would do me a favor, and he said yes. I asked him to not talk to me at school (or anywhere else for that matter) at least until the kids in our class stop saying stuff about the "us" stuff, unless he was dying or needed emotional support or something like that. I told him we could talk in about two years since our class has a really good memory.

He called me last night around midnight twice, and thank goodness I was asleep or else he would have wished he hadn't called me.

yup... I was sleep deprived last night so it is a REALLY good thing I was asleep when he called.

Oh and I am making a necklace for my mother for mother's day. It is going to have 3 different strands and it is going to be green, blue, and some brown.

That was a fantastic video... it was so funny!!!!!

It also reminded me of this one from MY era (the 1970's, yikes!) -- Bobby Sherman was the one everyone was in love with back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth!  Now, the clothes and the style of moving around the stage are really funny (as are the 'love beads') BUT>.. you'll like this -- when I heard this one, it reminded me of Jesus singing it to me.  It probably did more for me to develop a habit of recollection (being aware of the presence of God) and learning to talk to Him throughout the day than almost anything that was strictly spiritual.

And it was GREAT camouflage among the girls - because back then it was NOT OK to be planning on entering a convent or monastery (the term 'discerning' didn't exist back then....) 

Oh... and Bobby Sherman is one of the few from that time period that didn't get into drugs and crazy sex.... he ended up working for 30 years as a paramedic.... and used his rock-and-roll fortune to equip a bunch of fire and police departments with medical equipment when they couldn't afford it.   Horrible as the music was from that era, he still makes me smile...

Now just imagine Jesus singing this to YOU!!!!!

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW90tW-a_5c[/media]