An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

I won two double matches!!! The downsides were I played with a girl who really hates my sisters and I, lets call her honey boo boo, and I played against a girl who seemed to be mentally disabled. Back to Honey Boo Boo, she was bashing my sisters to our tennis coach trying to seaded (sp?) first. Lauren, one of my sister, challenged her for first and beat her so she is first. Then my other sister challenged her and beat her so then Elizabeth (my sister) and Lauren played. Elizabeth lost put she is 2nd sead, Lauren is first, Honey Boo Boo third, I am fifth. Not bad for only playing for three days.

Ancilla Domini

I won two double matches!!! The downsides were I played with a girl who really hates my sisters and I, lets call her honey boo boo, and I played against a girl who seemed to be mentally disabled. Back to Honey Boo Boo, she was bashing my sisters to our tennis coach trying to seaded (sp?) first. Lauren, one of my sister, challenged her for first and beat her so she is first. Then my other sister challenged her and beat her so then Elizabeth (my sister) and Lauren played. Elizabeth lost put she is 2nd sead, Lauren is first, Honey Boo Boo third, I am fifth. Not bad for only playing for three days.

Congratulations! :winner: And congratulations to your sister for coming first. :) (Do you *really* dislike tennis? :hehe2: )

I have never liked it for some reason, but I have plenty of power behind my swing. My coach said I am the strongest on the team, even with the guys. :hehe2: I guess it pays to lift.

Still haven't gotten my math test back! I have a cold/allergies and I feel awful. I am going to drink plenty of hot tea and read some James Herriot! 

Problem today at School:

We have to turn in 10 service hours for every quarter and I thought I had all of mine in, I thought wrong. The system said I had NONE in. I thought if I did them during Christmas break then they counted towards the 3rd quarter but they don't so I had ZERO, ZIP, 00000000 hours logged on. I asked if I could count the hours I help my mom in the art room and Mrs. C. said I could, thank goodness. I spend at least on hour a week helping if not more, but it was still not enough so I asked if I could ask serving mass could count, she said it could! I counted on my calendar how many times I had served at St....* and I had over 5 hours there since January 6th. So I finally got them all logged in, in less than 20 minutes of running around the school and what not.

*St....

My school's parish is not my home parish and my home parish serving doesn't count,  so I also serve at my school parish. I live 3 minutes away from my school's parish and 15 minutes away from my home parish.

Ancilla Domini

I am going to drink plenty of hot tea and read some James Herriot!

I love James Herriot!! Have you ever seen the series "All Creatures, Great And Small" about James Herriot? It's fantastic.

I was so sad that he had to get rid of his favorite pipe-smoking tooth to join the army...and then the human dentist was more brutal than he was as a vet dentist. :cry:

Ancilla Domini

I am reading All Creatures Great and Small right now.

There's a fantastic TV-series based on that book - you should see it. It's with Christopher Timothy as James Herriot, Robert Hardy as Siegfried Farnon, and Peter Davison as Tristan Farnon.

Edited by Ancilla Domini

Ancilla Domini

Don't recognize ANY of those names... :P

lol, neither did I until I watched it. :P They're all good actors, though. I don't know if Christopher Timothy or Robert Hardy did any other big roles, but Peter Davison played the 5th Doctor Who.

If you are allowed to go on YouTube, some of the episodes are on there.

You might also enjoy the Victorian Farm videos from the BBC.... A pair of archeologists and a social historian recreate what it would have been like to live on the farm at the time they are depicting.

The Victorian Farm (approx. 1880's)   From September through August

If you enjoy these, I can let you know of similar things you might enjoy... just let me know if you like them and want more of them!  If you find you like this, there are also additional episodes covering the Edwardian and WWII Wartime periods, and also a very well done one that depicts Elizabethan England about 1620.  AND... Tudor Monastery Farm!!!!

Cool I will definitely check them out! I have plenty of time since I am sick and have no homework to do. I might just watch these!