cartermia Posted June 7, 2014 Author Posted June 7, 2014 I have poison ivy and it is everywhere, I really mean everywhere! Just my luck... A great start to summer vacation! :pinch:
ChristinaTherese Posted June 7, 2014 Posted June 7, 2014 Aw.... That is nasty. I hope it goes away quickly!
cartermia Posted June 7, 2014 Author Posted June 7, 2014 Thanks :) I finished the patchwork part of my quilt! Now I just have to tie it and put the binding on!
AnneLine Posted June 9, 2014 Posted June 9, 2014 Be careful not to get any of the 'poison ivy' into that quilt, or you could re-infect yourself. I am not sure if P Ivy works the same way, but it is the 'serum' that is the guilty party with poison oak... just don't let yourself spread it..... Hope you are feeling better, Carter!!!!!
ChristinaTherese Posted June 9, 2014 Posted June 9, 2014 Yep. It gets into things you touch. So you can't scratch it and then touch other parts of yourself, and you have to be careful about what else you touch, sit on, etc. too or you could spread it to your family. I had it once, Carter... it was nasty. I hope you recover quickly.
AnneLine Posted June 10, 2014 Posted June 10, 2014 Maybe get someone to put you into 4 point restraints? (i.e., tie you down hand and foot so you can't scratch) (that is a joke, by the way). :console: Wish I could just paint you with calamine and make it all better.
cartermia Posted June 10, 2014 Author Posted June 10, 2014 I have already asked Grandma to wash the quilt (she doesn't get poison ivy *knockonwood*).
AnneLine Posted June 10, 2014 Posted June 10, 2014 Every time I look at your avatar now, Carter, I think it is you desperately trying NOT to scratch! We have a family story in my family, of one of my aunts who went walking in the woods at one point. She came back with a HUGE bouquet of what she THOUGHT were autumn leaves. Beautiful! She couldn't understand why people were fleeing as she walked down the street. You guessed it... a giant bouquet of poison oak. And I guess she was pretty miserable... but never made that mistake again! YOu might also enjoy this... the Carmelite Fathers in California have a House of Prayer in Oakville... which is in the Napa valley. Beautiful place. But there is LOT of poison oak in the bushes. The poor student brothers have to do a lot of the maintenance a few times a year. They call the place 'Poison Oakville'. hehehehe
cartermia Posted June 10, 2014 Author Posted June 10, 2014 Well, I know where not to visit! I have had poison oak also and it was worse than this. Don't want to get that again!
cartermia Posted June 10, 2014 Author Posted June 10, 2014 Oh and I bought an Abort73 t-shirt a couple of days ago, the "Live and Let Live" one. If you have never heard of Abort73.com go to their website, it has lots of great pro-life information and it truly informs you about the horrors of abortion. #abort73
cartermia Posted June 10, 2014 Author Posted June 10, 2014 So I just found out my family has had a Netflix account for a couple of months. Why didn't anybody tell me? I have already set up my own profile and gone through the religion section of movies and found a lot of great ones to watch.
cartermia Posted June 13, 2014 Author Posted June 13, 2014 I am healed! At least from the poison ivy, I don't know about my craziness! :P And I got my t-shirt, there maybe a picture later since it is super cute! Oh and 13 days til my retreat! (what I am going to wear the t-shirt to)
cartermia Posted June 13, 2014 Author Posted June 13, 2014 Getting a hair cut tomorrow! Haven't had one in like a year and my hair is extremely thick. My beautician should be happy, she says my hair sharpens her scissors!
cartermia Posted June 13, 2014 Author Posted June 13, 2014 Got about an inch cut off and got it thinned out. It feels so much better!
cartermia Posted June 13, 2014 Author Posted June 13, 2014 Just went to the movies with my family, my dad wanted to go there and to the Mexican place. #fridaynights
cartermia Posted June 17, 2014 Author Posted June 17, 2014 Going on a retreat and to my aunt's house so I might have a little time to stop in and say hi but it will not be frequent. What is a good snack to bring on a retreat. The check-off list said to bring one to share, I am wondering what to bring. Any ideas?
AnneLine Posted June 17, 2014 Posted June 17, 2014 YOu have a good time and check in if you have a chance! Will be praying for you on that retreat.... when will you be on that??? this weekend? As far as the snack.... Giant chocolate bar? big block of cheese and some crackers? Some fruit? What do YOU like to have for a snack, Carter? Because just bring that and some more to share...and so with everyone else....
cartermia Posted June 21, 2014 Author Posted June 21, 2014 I will be on the retreat at the Marie Stein Spiritual Center on June 25-27. I have decided to bring cookies and some microwave popcorn. I will keep you guys in my prayers! :wave:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now