An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

Don't miss the Tales of the Green Valley and the Victorian Farm... and yes, the Wartime Farm.  They are ALL very good.  OH.. .and Victorian Farm Christmas!

And it is a different group of presenters, and a little more 'reality tv' than the Farm programs, but I really do like these series:  Coal House and Coal House at War.  (I like Coal House better, and you will understand the 2nd one better if you have seen the first one....)  Both of them bring FAMILIES to live the way miners and their families would have during 1928 and 1944, respectively.   Very much food for thought.....

Okay... I have a secret to share with you guys so hush...

I think a guy in my class is going to ask me out. I really don't know what to do, I have known him all my life and love um like a bother brother.  I just always flirts and several of his friends have told me that he like me. Any ideas? I am not ready for a relationship, for crying out loud I am 14 years old! (I also think he is the person who gave me 14 *crushes on  Saint Valentine's Day.)

*the pop brand crush, grape crush, et cetera.

ChristinaTherese

Mind you, I haven't dealt with this well in the past. But maybe just say thank you for the compliment, because it really is nice and flattering, but you're too young. Try to be nice, he has feelings too. But just the reason you gave in your post, coupled with a polite refusal, could be good. But... maybe someone who has experience with doing things better than I did could chime in.

Today I tried to be polite when he was around me but he was just sitting WAY to close. I like my little bubble. The only plus though is he lets me play on his iPod during music class...

:paperbag:

We wouldn't date, my parents say no dating until 15 or 16.

ChristinaTherese

Oh, and don't encourage him. That doesn't mean cut him off entirely, but things like expressing a desire that he go downtown with you on a Sunday afternoon (Not applicable to you specifically, but an example of what I did wrong. And then I sang a song just because I like it and realized too late that it has as the main theme "I gave my love a...". I just like it because of the riddleness of it.) are a bad idea.

He lives 45 minutes away from the school (he rides the bus) and the only time that I see him would be after school (while waiting for the bus), during school, at mass, or at fish fries. So there isn't much "alone" time which is good.  

Agreed... and if your parents won't allow it, don't hesitate to say that, too!

That's an easy out..."Darn, all my parents' fault!!!...Sorry bout dat." :hehe2:

When my sister was 14, she wasn't "dating" yet but was seriously hanging out with a tall skinny guy from church. Skinny Guy's dad looked worried and asked about her age, and Skinny Guy told him my sister was 17...

I hope UK wins! The bishop of my school's diocese just said if they win then there is know school tomorrow! I love Bishop Foys!

Hmmm... Kind of an strange day. So today Joey (the guy above) asked me if I was going to the fish fry and he said that he would sit next to me if I was going to go. I said I maybe but I would be going with me family and he said, "Your mom loves me so it'll be al'ight." (Yes al'ight)

Later I got a text from my dad asking me if I wanted to go see "God's not Dead" with my grandparent's tonight so I said sure since I don't get to see them that often. (And yes I had my phone out during school, I wasn't suppose to. Go ahead and ground me) Later Joey asked me if I was still planning on going to the fish fry and I said I was going to go see a movie later with my grandparents. He asked me what time we were going and I said 6:30 and he said it sounds like a date. I just kind of looked at him and asked (politely) who invited him. He just gave his stupid goofy smile and I turned away.

Garden side note: my tulips are blooming, they are so pretty! 

I think moving away when he sits near me is a HUGE hint... : :pinch: :wedgie: :bike: :bash: :getaclue: :hardhead: :yellowcard: :fight: :anybody:

Maybe he doesn't pick up on subtle cues, or he *kind of* sees them but doesn't want to give up if there's a teeny-tiny hope? Have you actually spoken those dark, devastating words out loud in his presence -- "I DON'T want to date you!! Leave me alone already!!!"  :cry3:

:hehe2: