Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

Carter you can do that piece! If I can volunteer to play my flute at my parish for Christmas (and I haven't really played in YEARS) you can master this piece. I think it is pretty awesome that your piano teacher thinks you can do the piece she played her senior year.

Posted

AL... yeah you did and you probably did again this week since I feel bad putting the hour I lift weights on the thread. I feel like it is cheating and it is really to cold to take Jonas for a walk right now so I can only count the 10 breathing probably.

TT: Glad to hear you are going back to the flute, such a beautiful instrument! But I don't know if I will be able to play it. All I can play right now is the theme and part of a variation....

 

The artshop was stupid! They just talked the whole time basically! I only played three scales... Very disappointed but I am still going to apply for the Scholarship, it looks good on college applications.

Posted

I am going to sleep....

Posted (edited)

You sleep, Carter!   Yes, you SHOULD count the lifting BECAUSE...

 

  :winner:  :dance5:  :flex:  :flex2: it's really important to find alternative ways to exercise

 

f it is too cold/hot/bad weather, etc. to do your usual activities.!  

 

Yes,  :flex2: is valid! :)

Edited by AnneLine
Posted

I did sleep, for like 12 hours... I have a slight cold right now so that was probably good for me with the big cup of tea I had. have I mentioned I love tea? And books?

Oh and we are suppose to get 2-4 inches of snow tonight so maybe a hour delay tomorrow? That would mean shortened math class!!!

Posted

No snow.   Not here.  Almost Never.  Well.... yeah ,we get a few flakes but last time it stuck.... was this:

 

February 1976

 

snow_two500x366.JPG

 

 

It all but shut San Francisco down for 8 hours because no snow plows, no chains, no snowtires... and lots and lots and LOTS of hills!

 

And no one who knows how to drive in it!!!!

 

http://blog.sfgate.com/parenting/2010/01/25/gone-but-not-forgotten-1976-bay-area-snowstorm/

 

But we had a lot of fun!!!!!

 

snow_snowball_two615x429.JPG

Posted

Here it was just like "Snow!!!" (at least for us kids...) and the adults were just like "Oh no, not another bad winter..." Oh I love the snow!!! :cold:

Spem in alium
Posted

The artshop was stupid! They just talked the whole time basically! I only played three scales... Very disappointed but I am still going to apply for the Scholarship, it looks good on college applications.

 

Ugh! How silly and disappointing! Still, I'm glad you're going to apply for the scholarship and hope something good comes out of it!
 

I did sleep, for like 12 hours... I have a slight cold right now so that was probably good for me with the big cup of tea I had. have I mentioned I love tea? And books?

Oh and we are suppose to get 2-4 inches of snow tonight so maybe a hour delay tomorrow? That would mean shortened math class!!!

Feel better! :)

Ahh! I love snow. We don't get nearly enough of it here in my opinion - it only really snows in mountain areas, so the city gets nothing. Many people can't stand it when it gets to 59 F in winter. Me, I love cold, fresh weather! Hey, maybe some of you kind Northern Hemisphere folk wouldn't mind sending some snow our way? ;) 

Posted

Spem!!! It is a snow day!!! I got to sleep into ten o'clock!!! And I am going down to my grandparent's house to help break the ice and what not.

Spem in alium
Posted

Spem!!! It is a snow day!!! I got to sleep into ten o'clock!!! And I am going down to my grandparent's house to help break the ice and what not.

 

Ahhh so exciting!!!!!!! Glad you got to have a sleep in. Have fun breaking the ice! :)

Posted

Okay so it was not cold enough to break the ice but I did help with Granddad a lot. He thinks that Mom and Grandma are "conspiring" against him so he only listened to me. And he wanted to take off his pants multiple times. :hehe: To tell you guys some of the strange things he did today: he petted my hair and then started talking about how he loved the calves, tried to take off my scarf (after I took it off he told me to put it back on, it looked pretty), and rubbed my check. I had to find the humor in life! :p

Posted

Extra prayers right now please!!! Granddad is being taken to the emergency room since he has a fever. He wasn't feeling exactly himself (^^^ hints the funny stuff in my last post) and mom noticed he was running a fever. The oncologist (AL did I get the right word for once? :P ) said to take him to the ER if he ever ran a fever or anything strange like that. Dad just went to meet Mom so here I am in house with my little brother, a hundred pound black lab.... AKA Jonas Kolbe. So extra prayers please!!!  

Spem in alium
Posted

You got it, Carter! So sorry he needed to go to the ER. I'll be praying for him and for all your family.

Posted

Yes, you got it right, Carter, it is an Oncologist (3rd try, let's see if "I" can get it right!).   

 

I will pray for you and your family in a special way.  :hug:

 

Posted

Thanks guys! He is still in the hospital and mom and I are going to go out there later to see him. I will bring an update with me for you guys!

Posted

Oh and 47 years ago today my grandparents bought their farm.

 

And I got the Scholarship thingy!!! So besides Granddad being in the hospital today has been a good day!

Spem in alium
Posted

Thanks guys! He is still in the hospital and mom and I are going to go out there later to see him. I will bring an update with me for you guys!

 

Oh and 47 years ago today my grandparents bought their farm.

 

And I got the Scholarship thingy!!! So besides Granddad being in the hospital today has been a good day!

 

Thinking of you all. And congrats! Knew you could do it!!!  :winner:

Posted

Thanks Spem!!!

Just got back from the hospital and he seems to be doing a little better but he is still in ICU/CCU. He was asleep most of the time I was there but at least he is getting his rest! St. Joseph pray for him!!!  

Posted

Okay so I just received an email (and a call) from the people from the art contest that I didn't want to enter... They said the awards ceremony would be happy and that I should attend since I placed. (The woman, who is my mom's friend, told me I would place. I don't think she is allowed to do that but I guess that is called having connections! :p ) So tomorrow I will attend the ceremony right after school in my pajamas since tomorrow is pajamas day at school (spirit week), today was twin day. I think I can get out of religion class and change, it is my last class of the day and I think Fr. B would let me (he likes the arts)! More info to come!

Spem in alium
Posted

Thanks Spem!!!

Just got back from the hospital and he seems to be doing a little better but he is still in ICU/CCU. He was asleep most of the time I was there but at least he is getting his rest! St. Joseph pray for him!!!  

 

No worries :)
I'm glad he has improved a little. I'll continue praying & seeking St Joe's intercession. He'll be with you all. :)
 

Okay so I just received an email (and a call) from the people from the art contest that I didn't want to enter... They said the awards ceremony would be happy and that I should attend since I placed. (The woman, who is my mom's friend, told me I would place. I don't think she is allowed to do that but I guess that is called having connections! :P ) So tomorrow I will attend the ceremony right after school in my pajamas since tomorrow is pajamas day at school (spirit week), today was twin day. I think I can get out of religion class and change, it is my last class of the day and I think Fr. B would let me (he likes the arts)! More info to come!

 

Good luck with it, Carter! What is "twin day"? Is it where you bring a twin? :P 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...