HopefulHeart Posted February 21, 2015 Posted February 21, 2015 Hm, that's unfortunate. It looks as if there was a mix-up of some kind. I would suggest contacting the provider and letting them know that you got the wrong book. Maybe they'll let you ship Michael's book back and then send you a new copy. :)
cartermia Posted February 23, 2015 Author Posted February 23, 2015 Ugh, I am not paticent enough! I am just going to read it. My brother wouldn't tell me the provider so I asked him if he would contact them but he said no.... Now time to go write a paper that was due two weeks ago ( postponed because of snow).
cartermia Posted February 24, 2015 Author Posted February 24, 2015 Say a prayer to St. Cecilia for me! I gave a solo and ensemble competition on Saturday. I am playing Carnival by Couperin. It isn't a hard piece I just kind of forgot about the competition being this close. I picked up my clarinet and played this song for the first time in two weeks today... :paperbag:
cartermia Posted March 10, 2015 Author Posted March 10, 2015 Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa! I am sorry that I haven't posted in a while! I have been really busy! So.... Life is looking up right now! Mrs. P (my principal) called me into her office a couple of weeks ago and asked me if I would apply for the diocese pro-life scholarship. I could get $500 off of tuition next year; which would be a huge help to my family, and it would look good on college resumes. I am having Fr. B write the letter of recommendation for it since he is the head of pro-life stuff and he works with me on pro-life stuff a lot. Also my regional coordinator from SFLA sent me an invitation to apply for a summer conference/camp that SFLA does. You can only apply if you have been invited and it is not that much work to fill out the application so I am going to try! (Oh and I also need another recommendation thing so F. B had agreed to write that also!) (More awe.some pro-life news) Today at school we had a chastity speaker come in and speak and with him came the diocese's pro-life director. The talk was good and it got me out of class for 1.5 hours! After the talk I went up to my locker to get my books to go to Biology and Fr. B saw me in the hallway and said, "Carter have you met *pro-life director's name*?" I said no and he said to follow him; so I followed. He introduced me to her and she said that she was quite impressed with me; that Fr. had told her about the group and me. (Father called her one of his "mothers" in the diocese and they get along quite well.) Father told the woman that he would be writing my letter of recommendation for the scholarship and she said that if he agreed to do that than he must be impressed with me. She also said that she would be one of the judges and was looking forward to seeing my application! I am in pro-life heaven right now!!! Prayers that everything goes okay please!
cartermia Posted March 15, 2015 Author Posted March 15, 2015 Thanks TT! Today at Mass I had to serve and when Father was going through the announcements he made mistake so I whispered to him. And then he was just like I just said that. Me: No you said 11:30 not 1:30.... Father (with mic): Thank you Carter for the correction, it is 1:30. Thank goodness someone will correct me... That was the second time I had to correct him in an announcement in the last several months. The other priest (head pastor in parish) was in the back of church and he was trying to get Father's attention to correct him. After Mass head priest was just like thank you for correcting him so I didn't have to! Get it together Father... Get it together! :p
cartermia Posted March 26, 2015 Author Posted March 26, 2015 I need spring break and Lent to be over. I am emotionally, spiritually, and physically exhausted! I need my fiction books, Carter gets cranky when she doesn't get her fiction fix. It is like caffeine to me!
cartermia Posted March 28, 2015 Author Posted March 28, 2015 I went to Confession and Mass today. The school told us yesterday that we would be allowed to go to Confession so of course I made a list (I have to make a list for everything!) I went to Fr. B (SD) and he gave me a decade of the Rosary (Any Mystery, I asked) to mediate on for at least 15 minutes. 30 would be better he said though. I walked out of the confessional and went to do my penance but everyone was being so loud in the church (only one teacher was there and she was a non-Catholic)! I tried to do my penance but the noise kept on bothering me since I was surrounded by it, I wasn't allowed to go off someplace quiet like I like to do. I remember I had my headphones and phone on me so I put them in (watching so the teacher didn't see) and put on some piano music. I turned it up loud enough to block out the noise around me but not loud enough to break my meditation. The piano music was 17 minutes long, I was only half way through the decade when it went off. So then I put on some plainchant; yeah, I do have chant on my phone... I was about 3/4 through the decade when they told everyone it was time to go. I was to deep in some type of state and didn't notice anyone leaving. They left me! Fr. B came out of the confessional and saw me sitting there and tapped me on the shoulder asking me why I was still there. I looked around and didn't see my classmates or anyone around so I just said I was finishing my penance. He looked at me and said, "With headphones?" I said that everyone was too loud so I needed music. Then he pulled my headphones out and listened to what I was listening to. It was on Dies Israe. He had a smile on his face, said good choice, and told me to get to class. There were about 6 minutes left until school ended by the time I got back. My classmates were discussing penances afterward and everyone got 2 Our Fathers or 3 Hail Marys. I was the only one who had a decade and was suppose to mediate on it for 15-30 minutes. I thought that was funny. Better get to bed soon! I have to serve a funeral tomorrow and help my mom with the palms for Palm Sunday.
cartermia Posted March 30, 2015 Author Posted March 30, 2015 1.5 days left of school for the next two weeks!!!
cartermia Posted April 7, 2015 Author Posted April 7, 2015 I have poison ivy again... I had it like three weeks ago, it went away but now it is back... Grandma has a new baby calf; I named her Hope because I think Granddaddy would have liked that name. I turned in my SFLA application and they asked me for an interview. I have passed round one now time for round two! Only 7 pro-life high school leaders get selected to go to this conference in the nation so I am just a tad bit nervous. And this will be my first interview ever. It is a phone interview so I will not have to worry about clothes (it is scheduled for 30 minutes after school so that is good) but I don't know what type of questions they will ask. Does anybody have any ideas? Say an extra prayer for me right now; struggling with some discernment stuff. Thanks!
cartermia Posted April 12, 2015 Author Posted April 12, 2015 Going on retreat this summer maybe! It isn't a discernment retreat but I will get to live in with some sisters with other girls for about a week. My cousin asked me to go and I am a little reluctant to say yes for three reasons: 1) three hour drive to the retreat house 2) starts one day after I get back from a leadership retreat and 3) the dress code... The dress code is long skirts (mid calves) so right now I am looking for long skirts/dresses that are not tight and are long. Looking for long close for a tall person is almost impossible... Yesterday I did find one cute dress that was a maxi dress and was a little tight (style) but looked pretty modest; all I will have to do is wear a sweater/cardigan with it (since no shoulders). Struggling to find ultra modest clothing that is cute right now y'all!
cartermia Posted April 14, 2015 Author Posted April 14, 2015 I need some sleep! I got home around 9 last night and still had to do homework, get a shower, and do some other stuff. We have two tennis matches this week (besides the one last night) and they are both away. And there will be like a test in every class this week; I probably just had one of the hardest geometry test today.... The SFLA interview is on Thursday so if you can keep me in your prayers that would be great! In Christ et Pax!
cartermia Posted April 21, 2015 Author Posted April 21, 2015 The interview went okay! It lasted for like 30 minutes so I guess that is a good sign! I should hear something by May 1st. Prayers please!
TheresaThoma Posted April 26, 2015 Posted April 26, 2015 The interview went okay! It lasted for like 30 minutes so I guess that is a good sign! I should hear something by May 1st. Prayers please! Good to hear it went ok. I'll be praying. For the long modest skirts I just found these at JC Penny. They are long and super comfortable. http://www.jcpenney.com/st-johns-bay-tiered-knit-maxi-skirt/prod.jump?ppId=pp5005210506&catId=cat100250097&deptId=dept20000013&&_dyncharset=UTF-8&colorizedImg=DP0319201517024414M.tif I'm about 5'8" and the are to my ankles. You can pair it with a simple polo or tee shirt and I'm sure it would meet dress code. Kohls and Target currently have some maxi skirts that might also work. I'm so glad that maxi skirts and long skirts in general are in fashion right now. It makes dressing modestly easier. Remember that you can wear the same bottom multiple times and just switch up the top. So for a week you would probably need 3-4 skirts or dresses max. plus a 6-7 tee shirts and maybe a cardigan or two.
cartermia Posted April 30, 2015 Author Posted April 30, 2015 Good to hear it went ok. I'll be praying. For the long modest skirts I just found these at JC Penny. They are long and super comfortable. http://www.jcpenney.com/st-johns-bay-tiered-knit-maxi-skirt/prod.jump?ppId=pp5005210506&catId=cat100250097&deptId=dept20000013&&_dyncharset=UTF-8&colorizedImg=DP0319201517024414M.tif I'm about 5'8" and the are to my ankles. You can pair it with a simple polo or tee shirt and I'm sure it would meet dress code. Kohls and Target currently have some maxi skirts that might also work. I'm so glad that maxi skirts and long skirts in general are in fashion right now. It makes dressing modestly easier. Remember that you can wear the same bottom multiple times and just switch up the top. So for a week you would probably need 3-4 skirts or dresses max. plus a 6-7 tee shirts and maybe a cardigan or two. Thanks TT for the link and for the prayers! That is a cute skirt! I found a maxi dress at a store that is striped and I will pair up a red sweater with it to add some color. Also I found a half-calve hitting white linen skirt that I will probably wear for two days with different tops. Still haven't heard anything about interview!
cartermia Posted May 7, 2015 Author Posted May 7, 2015 Okay I didn't get it... But they told me my application and interview was good but I needed more experience. They told me to reapply next year and I might *hint* get it!
cartermia Posted May 10, 2015 Author Posted May 10, 2015 Please keep me and my family in your prayers. My father was rushed to the ER last night and passed away. He was only 46. I will write more later sometime but please prayer for the repose of his soul and so that my family will have the strength to carry on. Thank you all so much1
TheresaThoma Posted May 11, 2015 Posted May 11, 2015 Carter, I will be praying. Loosing your dad is really hard, especially suddenly and unexpectedly. Take care of yourself and your family. The advice I always give is to eat and remember to sleep. It is easy to forget to do both of those but it is always harder when you are hungry and/or tired.
HopefulHeart Posted May 11, 2015 Posted May 11, 2015 Carter, I am so sorry to hear that. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now