An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

We were running a BIG group of minions this year... babies, middle school, teens... and YUP adults!   A few zombies, a LOT of glorious princesses... and basically a bunch of happy trick-or-treaters!   Where I live we get about 300 visitors per Halloween... is a BIG day in the 'community' where I live!  Everyone puts up decorations -- bigger than Christmas because it is is something all the adults and kids can get into....

Spem in alium

So I was having a conversation with someone a couple weeks ago who knew I was discerning and she was just like you could enter Dominican Mother of the Eucharist. Then she added you probably haven't ever heard of them. I said oh the DSMME!!!  I have heard them speak every afternoon for my entire childhood, but Benedictines are SOOOOO much better! :P She just kind of looked at me. #youknowIamcrazy

Yeeeeaaaah Benedictines!!!! :)

puellapaschalis

There should be and surely would have been an OSB dance, were it not for the fact that we're known for our beautiful, solemn liturgies and dancing just isn't...ick.

I would give you guys 50000000000000000000000000000000 props if I could! Looking for a new case for me Kindle Touch. Any suggestions?

ChristinaTherese

I found one for my basic Kindle on Amazon that looked like a book cover.... I'd do a search on Amazon for what you want and see what comes up.

I found one that I like and dad approved. It was a Moko brand and I get the navy color. People's reviews where good on it and I thought the color would go well with my school books. (So I can bring it to class with me without anyone knowing...)

It came in!!! And it fits just a snug as a rug on a bug. :hehe: I have always loved that expression!

I am watching That's so Raven on Disney right now! I love this show so much... :heart: :heart: :heart:

I served a funeral today, it was the third one I had served this week. But this time it was my band teacher's mom who passed away so I actually knew the person. I served with 4 of the grandchildren who had never served at my parish (and they were all 8th grade and below...) so they were not so experienced. When Fr. B asked me if I would serve this one I thought I would be with my "funeral crew", 4 of the guys who serve well. I am the only girl in the "funeral crew"... Fr. B never told me I would be serving with inexperienced servers. I asked him about it after school today when he saw me and said that I was like a MC (master of ceremonies) for the servers. Then he said it was a test to see if I could lead and direct the servers. I told him that I didn't do a very good job, one of them fell asleep in the homily... He laughed and said that they probably had a long night and I did a good job covering for all of them. Next time when he gets mad at me for doing something wrong while serving I will just have to tell him I had a "long night".

Oh and today there was an academic match and Mr. M played me for like 5 questions! He usually plays me for at least 50, so I don't know what is up... :unsure:

Oh well tis life I guess...

Spem in alium

Next time when he gets mad at me for doing something wrong while serving I will just have to tell him I had a "long night".

That's the spirit! You could always blame in on all the reading you have to do for the Summer Reading thread... :)

Edited by Spem in alium

Lol, if I said that than he would probably tell me that the saints didn't come up with excuses or something like that.

I have to write a scholarship thingy (not really a scholarship but like one) this weekend to be able to go to this summer conference for "leaders". And have three test on Monday. On top of that next Saturday is the Governor Scholar of the Art's Art Shop and I have to have 3 solos prepared and a piece to work on. Busy week ahead!  

Spem in alium

You sound super busy this week! Good luck with it all :) Do you know what solos you'll be doing at the Art Shop? 

I think I do. I had to decide and I couldn't pick them out so I had my dad rate his favorite as I played. His top three won!

Autumn Glow by Martha Mier

Winter Frolic (cannot remember composer)

and

White Cliffs of Dover (also cannot remember composer)

I like these the best and they show off my strengths and cover my weaknesses! I have half of the scholarship thingy done! Better get back to work!

So I have been looking at colleges and my grandma is just like you are going to a Catholic college! I want one of my grandkids to either go to FUS, Ave Maria (Florida), or.... BENEDICTINE COLLEGE!!! The Bens are following me everywhere and I really like their campus from what I can see.... BC and the Abbey of Regina Laudis maybe? Time will only tell!

Got the scholarship thingy done!!! Have the songs picked out and well practiced! And yesterday my mom was just like there is an art contest and the stuff is due on Monday, I want you to put three things in it. I didn't have three complete things to put in it (at the time...) but now I do! I  finished a pointillism, had one done, and I am putting in a quilt (I had to sew on a name tag but that took like 30 minutes, no biggy.) And the two pointillism pictures are matted and ready to go. I have all the paper work done for the contest too!

Oh and I have three test tomorrow... Somehow I got all my homework done this weekend and now I am watching Ancient Aliens (my favorite show!!!) on the History Channel!