An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

No snow.   Not here.  Almost Never.  Well.... yeah ,we get a few flakes but last time it stuck.... was this:

February 1976

snow_two500x366.JPG

It all but shut San Francisco down for 8 hours because no snow plows, no chains, no snowtires... and lots and lots and LOTS of hills!

And no one who knows how to drive in it!!!!

http://blog.sfgate.com/parenting/2010/01/25/gone-but-not-forgotten-1976-bay-area-snowstorm/

But we had a lot of fun!!!!!

snow_snowball_two615x429.JPG

Here it was just like "Snow!!!" (at least for us kids...) and the adults were just like "Oh no, not another bad winter..." Oh I love the snow!!! :cold:

Spem in alium

The artshop was stupid! They just talked the whole time basically! I only played three scales... Very disappointed but I am still going to apply for the Scholarship, it looks good on college applications.

Ugh! How silly and disappointing! Still, I'm glad you're going to apply for the scholarship and hope something good comes out of it!

I did sleep, for like 12 hours... I have a slight cold right now so that was probably good for me with the big cup of tea I had. have I mentioned I love tea? And books?

Oh and we are suppose to get 2-4 inches of snow tonight so maybe a hour delay tomorrow? That would mean shortened math class!!!

Feel better! :)

Ahh! I love snow. We don't get nearly enough of it here in my opinion - it only really snows in mountain areas, so the city gets nothing. Many people can't stand it when it gets to 59 F in winter. Me, I love cold, fresh weather! Hey, maybe some of you kind Northern Hemisphere folk wouldn't mind sending some snow our way? ;) 

Spem!!! It is a snow day!!! I got to sleep into ten o'clock!!! And I am going down to my grandparent's house to help break the ice and what not.

Spem in alium

Spem!!! It is a snow day!!! I got to sleep into ten o'clock!!! And I am going down to my grandparent's house to help break the ice and what not.

Ahhh so exciting!!!!!!! Glad you got to have a sleep in. Have fun breaking the ice! :)

Okay so it was not cold enough to break the ice but I did help with Granddad a lot. He thinks that Mom and Grandma are "conspiring" against him so he only listened to me. And he wanted to take off his pants multiple times. :hehe: To tell you guys some of the strange things he did today: he petted my hair and then started talking about how he loved the calves, tried to take off my scarf (after I took it off he told me to put it back on, it looked pretty), and rubbed my check. I had to find the humor in life! :p

Extra prayers right now please!!! Granddad is being taken to the emergency room since he has a fever. He wasn't feeling exactly himself (^^^ hints the funny stuff in my last post) and mom noticed he was running a fever. The oncologist (AL did I get the right word for once? :P ) said to take him to the ER if he ever ran a fever or anything strange like that. Dad just went to meet Mom so here I am in house with my little brother, a hundred pound black lab.... AKA Jonas Kolbe. So extra prayers please!!!  

Yes, you got it right, Carter, it is an Oncologist (3rd try, let's see if "I" can get it right!).   

I will pray for you and your family in a special way.  :hug:

Thanks guys! He is still in the hospital and mom and I are going to go out there later to see him. I will bring an update with me for you guys!

Oh and 47 years ago today my grandparents bought their farm.

And I got the Scholarship thingy!!! So besides Granddad being in the hospital today has been a good day!

Spem in alium

Thanks guys! He is still in the hospital and mom and I are going to go out there later to see him. I will bring an update with me for you guys!

Oh and 47 years ago today my grandparents bought their farm.

And I got the Scholarship thingy!!! So besides Granddad being in the hospital today has been a good day!

Thinking of you all. And congrats! Knew you could do it!!!  :winner:

Thanks Spem!!!

Just got back from the hospital and he seems to be doing a little better but he is still in ICU/CCU. He was asleep most of the time I was there but at least he is getting his rest! St. Joseph pray for him!!!  

Okay so I just received an email (and a call) from the people from the art contest that I didn't want to enter... They said the awards ceremony would be happy and that I should attend since I placed. (The woman, who is my mom's friend, told me I would place. I don't think she is allowed to do that but I guess that is called having connections! :p ) So tomorrow I will attend the ceremony right after school in my pajamas since tomorrow is pajamas day at school (spirit week), today was twin day. I think I can get out of religion class and change, it is my last class of the day and I think Fr. B would let me (he likes the arts)! More info to come!

Spem in alium

Thanks Spem!!!

Just got back from the hospital and he seems to be doing a little better but he is still in ICU/CCU. He was asleep most of the time I was there but at least he is getting his rest! St. Joseph pray for him!!!  

No worries :)
I'm glad he has improved a little. I'll continue praying & seeking St Joe's intercession. He'll be with you all. :)

Okay so I just received an email (and a call) from the people from the art contest that I didn't want to enter... They said the awards ceremony would be happy and that I should attend since I placed. (The woman, who is my mom's friend, told me I would place. I don't think she is allowed to do that but I guess that is called having connections! :P ) So tomorrow I will attend the ceremony right after school in my pajamas since tomorrow is pajamas day at school (spirit week), today was twin day. I think I can get out of religion class and change, it is my last class of the day and I think Fr. B would let me (he likes the arts)! More info to come!

Good luck with it, Carter! What is "twin day"? Is it where you bring a twin? :P