An Old School Catholic Message Board

I just fired Winchester

dUSt

AccountDeleted

Y'all just want me as a Mediator of Meh again, admit it.

Not in a million years. 

We want someone like Ash, who does her job without her ego getting involved. 

I know it's a tough job. cmaD2006 used to be a Mediator of Meh in VS but she left because the job got too much for her. But if someone does accept the position, they need to accept the responsibility as well and not just abuse the power. Sometimes I have felt the trads control this place and although I have all the respect in the world for them, I don't feel they do for those of us who are simply today's Catholics. I don't know how to express this without sounding 'condescending' but I am just a Catholic and it doesn't matter to me if the priest faces East or the congregation, or if I receive in the hand or the mouth - whatever the Church says is ok, is ok with me. But I often get the feeling that the trads stick together to attack those who aren't 'like them'. 

I would like it if the Mediators of Meh were a mix of trads and just ordinary Catholics, male and female. Just my opinion though.

AccountDeleted

I've honestly never understood the rules around here.

I think the rules apply differently to different people. I always thought that you were 'the Line' though so I don't get what's happening with you. 

:idontknow:

veritasluxmea

@dUSt, set up a poll and let's vote on the next Mediator of Meh. Just throw all the active CMs up as candidates. 

Edited by veritasluxmea

AccountDeleted

Man I wish trads ran this place.  It would be amesome! 

Why not hang out at SubPraesidiumTuum then? That's all rad-trad.

Not in a million years. 

We want someone like Ash, who does her job without her ego getting involved. 

I know it's a tough job. cmaD2006 used to be a Mediator of Meh in VS but she left because the job got too much for her. But if someone does accept the position, they need to accept the responsibility as well and not just abuse the power. Sometimes I have felt the trads control this place and although I have all the respect in the world for them, I don't feel they do for those of us who are simply today's Catholics. I don't know how to express this without sounding 'condescending' but I am just a Catholic and it doesn't matter to me if the priest faces East or the congregation, or if I receive in the hand or the mouth - whatever the Church says is ok, is ok with me. But I often get the feeling that the trads stick together to attack those who aren't 'like them'. 

I would like it if the Mediators of Meh were a mix of trads and just ordinary Catholics, male and female. Just my opinion though.

If you cannot find a way to express your opinion without sounding condescending, perhaps your opinion is itself condescending. And why turn this into a traditionalist debate? Totally disingenuous.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

MarysLittleFlower

Lol I'm a trad and my views are usually in a minority :P. But I don't think trads aren't "ordinary Catholics". We're all Catholic. I just call myself a Catholic too but any traddy views become apparent on a forum - or views in the other direction.

This thread is sad to read :( I don't think we should discuss each other like this. I like what Cappie said in the other thread about assuming the best of each other. I think we often end up just hurting each other in these discussions. I easily do it too.  But its sad. 

Why not hang out at SubPraesidiumTuum then? That's all rad-trad.

You mean that forum that literally nobody goes to, ever, and has nothing whatsoever to do with this discussion? That one?

AccountDeleted

I think posting in triplicate is a little condescending too! LOL 

You think I am condescending and I think you are condescending. Tie!

And this has really become ridiculous. I know you dislike me intensely Nihil- we don't need to beat that dead horse anymore. Let's let it die.

Beating_a_dead_horse.thumb.jpg.b7ec760ff

Edited by nunsense

I think posting in triplicate is a little condescending too! LOL 

You think I am condescending and I think you are condescending. Tie!

And this has really become ridiculous. I know you dislike me intensely Nihil- we don't need to beat that dead horse anymore. Let's let it die.

Beating a dead horse.jpg

I do not dislike you. Most of the time I just do not pay any attention to you. To be perfectly honest, between you and two or three other members, I cannot tell you all apart most of the time. Probably by tomorrow I will not even remember if I was having this conversation with you or with any of those other members.

AccountDeleted

I do not dislike you. Most of the time I just do not pay any attention to you. To be perfectly honest, between you and two or three other members, I cannot tell you all apart most of the time. Probably by tomorrow I will not even remember if I was having this conversation with you or with any of those other members.

:lol4: so disingenuous