Nihil Obstat Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 [quote name='Moosey' date='21 January 2010 - 04:28 PM' timestamp='1264112906' post='2041843'] The kind where you tap my shoulder or hide my belongings? Great. [/quote] No no no, I have far grander plans. Haunting you is a bit of a tangent anyway. I plan to give you strange and surreal dreams, prank call you, leave strange and ominous messages on your answering machine, tying all your shoes when they're sitting in the closet, making shadows around your house where they shouldn't be, and rattling furniture when you're in the room. It's all right though; I'll also bring you good fortune. Somehow. Not sure how yet.
Nihil Obstat Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 I have made an executive decision regarding the wake. All bottles of alcohol will be stored on my casket. That is all.
IcePrincessKRS Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 [quote name='Moosey' date='21 January 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1264103051' post='2041618'] Who will do the eulogy? [/quote] yoo-goo-gooly yoo-goo-goolizer. [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='21 January 2010 - 04:03 PM' timestamp='1264104193' post='2041660'] Just for that, you have to dig the grave. Good thing the ground is frozen this time of year. [/quote] Isn't it frozen year round in Canada? [quote name='zunshynn' date='21 January 2010 - 06:01 PM' timestamp='1264111297' post='2041821'] yes, I will give the eulogy... [spoiler]or something [/spoiler] [/quote] yoo-goo-gooly
Nihil Obstat Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 In some places it is frozen year round. We call it permafrost. That's generally only when you get into the northern portions of the provinces, and into the NWT and approaching the Arctic Circle.
IcePrincessKRS Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='21 January 2010 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1264128973' post='2041973'] In some places it is frozen year round. We call it permafrost. That's generally only when you get into the northern portions of the provinces, and into the NWT and approaching the Arctic Circle. [/quote] I know. I was being a smarta**.
Moosey Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='21 January 2010 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1264125840' post='2041943'] No no no, I have far grander plans. Haunting you is a bit of a tangent anyway. I plan to give you strange and surreal dreams, prank call you, leave strange and ominous messages on your answering machine, tying all your shoes when they're sitting in the closet, making shadows around your house where they shouldn't be, and rattling furniture when you're in the room. It's all right though; I'll also bring you good fortune. Somehow. Not sure how yet. [/quote] At least I'll know it's you.
Nihil Obstat Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='21 January 2010 - 08:57 PM' timestamp='1264129056' post='2041977'] I know. I was being a smarta**. [/quote] You don't get permafrost. Hehe! [quote name='Moosey' date='21 January 2010 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1264129081' post='2041978'] At least I'll know it's you. [/quote] That's the idea.
IcePrincessKRS Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='21 January 2010 - 11:15 PM' timestamp='1264130107' post='2041989'] You don't get permafrost. Hehe! [/quote] Thank Jesus.
Moosey Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='21 January 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1264130107' post='2041989'] That's the idea. [/quote] I won't have nearly enough time to miss your shenanigans.
Nihil Obstat Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 How about unnerving echoey laughs when you're all alone in the house?
Moosey Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='21 January 2010 - 11:25 PM' timestamp='1264134317' post='2042031'] How about unnerving echoey laughs when you're all alone in the house? [/quote] Gah it's enough being alone in the house period! I had the scariest weekend of my life when my family left for my Great Aunt's birthday (I had to work). I kept hearing things I assumed were my family members when they were in the house.
Nihil Obstat Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 [quote name='Moosey' date='21 January 2010 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1264134597' post='2042035'] Gah it's enough being alone in the house period! I had the scariest weekend of my life when my family left for my Great Aunt's birthday (I had to work). I kept hearing things I assumed were my family members when they were in the house. [/quote] I know, isn't it fun!?! I have most definitely had that happen.
Moosey Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='21 January 2010 - 11:32 PM' timestamp='1264134737' post='2042038'] I know, isn't it fun!?! I have most definitely had that happen. [/quote] No it wasn't fun at all When I'm first married and my husband is away at work, I'm gonna go crazy being alone.
Nihil Obstat Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 [quote name='Moosey' date='21 January 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1264134814' post='2042041'] No it wasn't fun at all When I'm first married and my husband is away at work, I'm gonna go crazy being alone. [/quote] I always manage to have a bit of fun with it. If I can manage to creep myself out, then I let all the fear get as intense as I can possibly manage, and just experience it for a moment. It's a really interesting emotion.
Moosey Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='21 January 2010 - 11:36 PM' timestamp='1264134972' post='2042043'] I always manage to have a bit of fun with it. If I can manage to creep myself out, then I let all the fear get as intense as I can possibly manage, and just experience it for a moment. It's a really interesting emotion. [/quote] I'm getting an intense pain in my chest thinking about it I'm not even kidding right now.
southern california guy Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='21 January 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1264134972' post='2042043'] I always manage to have a bit of fun with it. If I can manage to creep myself out, then I let all the fear get as intense as I can possibly manage, and just experience it for a moment. It's a really interesting emotion. [/quote] Like if you hear something scary upstairs.. You go and you check it out. If there's a really spooky attic.. you go up there too. Or down into the basement!! And then when you're alone at night and you start dreaming about it.........
Nihil Obstat Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 [quote name='Moosey' date='21 January 2010 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1264135029' post='2042045'] I'm getting an intense pain in my chest thinking about it I'm not even kidding right now. [/quote] I find something fun in being scared witless now and then. [quote name='southern california guy' date='21 January 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1264135606' post='2042053'] Like if you hear something scary upstairs.. You go and you check it out. If there's a really spooky attic.. you go up there too. Or down into the basement!! And then when you're alone at night and you start dreaming about it......... [/quote] Not only that- turn the lights off, go upstairs, then close your eyes and imagine all the terrifying croutons it might be.
Moosey Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='21 January 2010 - 11:52 PM' timestamp='1264135933' post='2042061'] I find something fun in being scared witless now and then. Not only that- turn the lights off, go upstairs, then close your eyes and imagine all the terrifying croutons it might be. [/quote] Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now