An Old School Catholic Message Board

What City, State Do You Live In?

Thy Geekdom Come

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='03 May 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1272941072' post='2104650']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOdB1d0mg[/media]
[/quote]
[size="1"][IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/like.gif[/IMG] [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showuser=4753"]MIkolbe[/url] likes this.[/size]

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='03 May 2010 - 10:04 AM' timestamp='1272891895' post='2104141']
:lol: You probably know my priest and deacons then -- at St. Christopher's!

The world is getting smaller and smaller every day here at PM. :grouphug:
[/quote]

Yep, that's them. And I'm roommates with your youth minister :smokey: Do you ever pray with the young at the clinic on Saturday mornings? This coming weekend is a big one.

Ha... that default pic google uses for my town is just down the street from my high school, and right next door to the store where I worked when I was a senior, and the pubs everyone used to hang out at. :lol: Walk down memory lane.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='03 May 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1272920649' post='2104354']
I bet Liverpool ironed out the KY real fast :lol:. Next time I'm in KY (if there is a next time. Who knows :rolleyes:) I'ma say Versailles with all the Frankish awe I can muster :P
[/quote]
I tend to pick up the accent of whomever I'm with, though I don't [b]usually [/b]sound Scouse, thankfully. :lol:

laetitia crucis

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' date='04 May 2010 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1272942021' post='2104661']
Yep, that's them. And I'm roommates with your youth minister :smokey: Do you ever pray with the young at the clinic on Saturday mornings? This coming weekend is a big one.
[/quote]

Wow, crazy connections! :lol:

I've never gone with the youth group to pray at the clinic, though I've gone with a few ladies from the parish during the 40 Days for Life. I've found it difficult to find a "young adult" niche, but there are definitely many things going on for the youth and also for the "grown up" adults. So, I tend to volunteer for several things just to get to know people and find a niche. :) But then again, God willing, I'll be entering a convent in September. So, we'll see what God has in store!

I do love St. Christopher's, though. Good liturgy, good parish, good people. :smokey:

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

[quote name='Raphael' date='03 May 2010 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1272930424' post='2104521']
How is it we've never met up?
[/quote]

I don't know but we'll have to do it or perhaps we have and just didn't know it. I'm finishing up my senior yr of college now and will be headed home sometime after the 15th. Maybe we can meet for beignets or something.

[quote name='Raphael' date='03 May 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1272940434' post='2104644']
I put you in Cadiz.

I thought about Mingo Junction, but I can't help giggling. Look up "mingo" in a Latin dictionary.
[/quote]
Lullz.

Thy Geekdom Come

I'm willing to open this project to collaboration with someone else with a Gmail account who'd like to participate.

Vincent Vega

The pic that google maps uses is just down the street from my favourite parish in the Diocese.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='04 May 2010 - 06:29 PM' timestamp='1273008553' post='2105029']
The pic that google maps uses is just down the street from my favourite parish in the Diocese.
[/quote]

We appear to be in the same city! Where is the picture from? I don't recognize where it is.

IgnatiusofLoyola

<sigh> I live on a beautiful street, in a beautiful suburb of Chicago, and Google chooses to show a view of a large street, with few trees, but lots of power lines, on an overcast day--it could be almost any town in the U.S. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif[/img]

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Mercy me' date='04 May 2010 - 06:44 PM' timestamp='1273013062' post='2105071']
We appear to be in the same city! Where is the picture from? I don't recognize where it is.
[/quote]
It's on Union St. right by FBC. (The church I'm referring to is Immaculate Conception.)