An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

FutureSister2009

I got to see my Sisters on Thanksgiving yesterday! It was amazing! They have never been to our Thanksgiving Mass so I was so surprised they were there! We had a nice little conversation. I really want to catch up on life with them but they're so busy with school and stuff. I hope we can catch up. We got a little caught up though. Sr. Jessica told me to just do my lessons and whatever God sends to me, just embrace it and accept it. She's absolutely right.

I must confess though, the only man I would give up the Convent for is Josh Groban. If I was going to marry him, I would do it. But since he doesn't even know I exist, I know the chances of that ever happening are pretty slim. But he's an ideal man that I would be glad to be married to, except of course for Christ.

Guest hermanita

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1321944955' post='2339360']

Nice! On that note, I am still waiting to hear back from the Postulant Director. I haven't received the confirmation email that she has read my email. It is a lesson in patience, that's for sure! If I don't hear from her within 2 weeks, I'll take the plunge and call her. :)
[/quote]
[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1322028683' post='2339703']

A.wesome! :yahoo:

I hope I hear from Mother VERY soon! I don't know how patient I can be. This is a definite test.
[/quote]

Please don't worry aboutcontacting her again. Just do it if it seems good to you.. I waited a month and then recontacted the vocation director when I didn't hear from her. Turned out she was very busy and I was on her list to be called. She thanked me for the second email. The rest is history!!! :hehe2: Praying for you!!!

[quote name='hermanita' timestamp='1322272640' post='2340502']

Please don't worry aboutcontacting her again. Just do it if it seems good to you.. I waited a month and then recontacted the vocation director when I didn't hear from her. Turned out she was very busy and I was on her list to be called. She thanked me for the second email. The rest is history!!! :hehe2: Praying for you!!!
[/quote]

I just worry about being a pest. I don't want to annoy her, but I definitely want to talk to her. Honestly, if I don't hear from her before Wednesday this next week (1 week from when I sent the 2nd email), I will contact her a different way. I hate gmail because I have so many problems sending mail to that server which is odd considering that my mail is from Yahoo and gmail is from Google. :blink:

Guest hermanita

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1322283241' post='2340638']

I just worry about being a pest. I don't want to annoy her, but I definitely want to talk to her. Honestly, if I don't hear from her before Wednesday this next week (1 week from when I sent the 2nd email), I will contact her a different way. I hate gmail because I have so many problems sending mail to that server which is odd considering that my mail is from Yahoo and gmail is from Google. :blink:
[/quote]

Send her a catholic e-card asking for prayers this Advent while you wait. :hehe2:

So I set a tentative date for visiting the local RSMs. I just have to get my parents to let me use the car for that evening. I'm really not sure if they will so any prayers would be appreciated.

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1322519511' post='2341871']
So I set a tentative date for visiting the local RSMs. I just have to get my parents to let me use the car for that evening. I'm really not sure if they will so any prayers would be appreciated.
[/quote]

Prayers, chica! :pray:

Guest hermanita

So... although it's not exactly 3 weeks since I was at Carmel ( supposed to be reflecting on experience for three weeks and then recontact) I realized this morning that I needed to call the Vocation Director to share something. She returned my call laughing and said the Sisters had a "bet going" that I wouldn't last out the 3 weeks. We had a good talk and I will be returning for a visit in early January. I am now permitted to make the medical appointments etc so I can complete the application paperwork .

Also, I felt very moved in prayer to write my Dad and share about my vocation journey. Mom already knows and I'm telling the rest of the family during my Christmas visit. SO please pray for us as I write this letter and he receives it. He is very protective.

And I won't be extending my apartment lease and if they don't let me rent month- to -month will have to move in February.
If I have to move in Feb., I may decide to move to my folks in Colorado for a few months. I can always work in a family business. Anyways. That's for later. Please keep me in your prayers as I do all of you.

your very happy,
hermanita

Edited by hermanita

FutureSister2009

Oh by the way, during my time home over Thanksgiving break, I found out my Parish will be hosting a Holy Hour for Vocations this Thursday night. I really wish I could be there for it. I will be there in spirit. I hope someone will think of me during it and pray for me. The one time we have something like this going on and I can't be there for it. Go figure

[quote name='hermanita' timestamp='1322619299' post='2342381']
So... although it's not exactly 3 weeks since I was at Carmel ( supposed to be reflecting on experience for three weeks and then recontact) I realized this morning that I needed to call the Vocation Director to share something. She returned my call laughing and said the Sisters had a "bet going" that I wouldn't last out the 3 weeks. We had a good talk and I will be returning for a visit in early January. I am now permitted to make the medical appointments etc so I can complete the application paperwork .

Also, I felt very moved in prayer to write my Dad and share about my vocation journey. Mom already knows and I'm telling the rest of the family during my Christmas visit. SO please pray for us as I write this letter and he receives it. He is very protective.

And I won't be extending my apartment lease and if they don't let me rent month- to -month will have to move in February.
If I have to move in Feb., I may decide to move to my folks in Colorado for a few months. I can always work in a family business. Anyways. That's for later. Please keep me in your prayers as I do all of you.

your very happy,
hermanita
[/quote]
Hermanita,
Thats wonderful!! (and CO is a very nice place to live if you end up needing that!)

A couple of nights ago I was chatting on MSN with a friend who is a Dominican brother. I told him that I was discerning with the secular institute. Apart from faithcecelia, he's the only real-life friend who knows. Not only was he familiar with this institute and its charism (I'm astonished that he'd even heard of it) but he thought it sounded a perfect fit for me. His is an opinion that I really respect, so I'm happy.

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1322621822' post='2342450']
Oh by the way, during my time home over Thanksgiving break, I found out my Parish will be hosting a Holy Hour for Vocations this Thursday night. I really wish I could be there for it. I will be there in spirit. I hope someone will think of me during it and pray for me. The one time we have something like this going on and I can't be there for it. Go figure
[/quote]

Could you go to the local chapel near you at the same time? Then you would be praying with them, if not physically "with" them. :)

Dear Hermanita,
amesome news. So...on VS we have reason for tears of joy and tears of sadness this morning. My heart is joyful for you, saddened for MM. January is right around the corner!

FutureSister2009

Guess what! Guess what! Guess what!!!!! I've only just found that two Sisters of Life are coming to my school tonight! They are joining us for Mass and then we can have dinner with them!!!! My friend and I are excited to meet them! I don't personally know if I see myself with them but it can't hurt to check them out and I just love to meet new Sisters! So this is very exciting! Tonight's going to be a great night!