An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

Earlier this evening my mom and I were talking about my older sister's boyfriend, (the jury is still out on if he is ok or not), and my mom said "Though according to me no man will ever be good enough for either of you." I so badly wanted to respond with "Not even Jesus?". I didn't though...

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1321076150' post='2335265']
does dUSt even know he lost a Church Scholar? :unsure:
[/quote]

dUST has moments of forgetting who runs this place so :idontknow:

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1321071482' post='2335238']
Earlier this evening my mom and I were talking about my older sister's boyfriend, (the jury is still out on if he is ok or not), and my mom said "Though according to me no man will ever be good enough for either of you." I so badly wanted to respond with "Not even Jesus?". I didn't though...
[/quote]

D'you know, my mother once said to me (after I had broken up with a lovely man because it just didn't feel right) 'You are just too high maintenance, there's no such thing as the perfect man so stop looking because you'll never find him'. And yes, she was right - no man would ever be 'good enough' for me, because God had chosen me to be His.

When I later tried seeing someone else (long story, but it was good we tried a relationship after 6yrs of 'chemistry') he said he felt he couldn't hold or kiss me, that he felt I was unavailable.

Edited by faithcecelia

Hey just read TeresaBenedicta's entrance (or really, formally becoming a postulant). C_O_O_L!

I usually don't read this thread -- which is why I totally missed it.

Will be praying for perseverence for her! Congrats.

sistersintigo

[quote name='Kevin J Banet' timestamp='1321197877' post='2335698'][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][color=#111111]Living Jesus Chat Room - Today, Sun., Nov. 13, 7:30 pm Eastern Time[/color][/b][/font][/size] [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#111111]Learn more about Salesian Spirituality at the [b] [url="http://visitationspirit.org/living-jesus-chat-room/"]Living Jesus Chat Room[/url][/b], a conversation between you and a Visitandine sister, as well as others to help deepen spiritual lives. Whether you are a lay person interested in plunging more fully into a way of daily devotion, or even considering a possible vocation to the monastic Visitandine tradition, we invite you to talk with us and others via this chat room.[/color][/font][/size] [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#111111]Want an example of Salesian spirituality? How about this:[/color][/font][/size] [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][color=#111111]Your "Yes" to the Will of God[/color][/b][/font][/size] [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#111111]When you are physically or mentally occupied, while fulfilling the duties of your state in life, renew as far as possible, again and again, [b]your “Yes” to the will of God[/b].[/color][/font][/size] [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#111111][url="http://visitationspirit.org/living-jesus-chat-room/"][img]http://visitationspirit.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/SacredHeart.gif[/img][/url][/color][/font][/size] [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#111111]Cast frequent interior glances on the divine goodness. This recalling of the presence of God must be done gently and simply without compulsion.[/color][/font][/size] [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#111111]This is Salesian spirituality, based on the writings of St. Francis de Sales.[/color][/font][/size] [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The chat will be held today, this [b]Sunday from 7:30 – 8:30 pm Eastern Time US[/b], and every Sunday, and will be moderated by a Visitandine sister. Go to the sisters' [url="http://visitationspirit.org/living-jesus-chat-room/"]Living Jesus Chat Room[/url].[/font][/size] [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#111111]See you there![/color][/font][/size][/quote]
...the salesman is knocking at the door again...

I think he's making an announcement that such a resource exists, operating on the (if you ask me quite reasonable) assumption that people who are interested in discerning religious life may be interested in checking it out.

And we can hardly blame someone for going off-topic in the Random thread!

FutureSister2009

I just have to share real quick what happened in Theology class that made my day. It was before class, I was the first one in like I always am. My professor was there so we were chatting. Today he asked me if I was a Theology major. I said yes and he said that doesn't surprise him. I was surprised to hear that. He said he can just tell by my responses in class. (I'm always participating). He asked me if I've ever thought about Religious Life. I told him I do think about it a lot. He said he just thought about that after class last week. He said "I think Allyson might have a Vocation to Religious Life". I was completely thrown off guard by this but that's the first time anyone's ever really said anything like that to me. I mean I do talk about it with people but I never told him that before. He said it just dawned on him and he doesn't know what made him think it. I think God gave him some kind of revelation or something. Either way, it really made my day

Guest hermanita

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1321383812' post='2336599']
Welcome back hermanita! :) We can't wait to hear whatever you want to share!
[/quote]
As soon as I get off work today, I'll be back on. So much to share. :blowkiss: