An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

Lisa,

My prayers are with you! Something will work out!

TB & LISA - I am sorry you both have to struggle with your families! They see everything in their minds that is negative - no grandkids from you;a loss in your daily relationship with them. Once they see how radiant and at peace each of you are with your decision, they will embrace you and the Sisters.

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1320250970' post='2330304']
I'm sorry to keep boring you guys with my situation, but I wanted to post an update. I emailed the Sisters, they are trying to find me a ride from someone coming from St. Louis/Indy/Central or Southern Illinois. My priest is also looking at vehicle options, and another friend offered to loan me his car for the weekend. So, it's very possible that I will still get to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God is so amazingly fantastic :)

:nun2: :nun2: :nun2:

:dance5: :dance5: :dance5:
[/quote]

Thats great news! Continued prayers it works out.

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1320255975' post='2330345']
All I can say is that I have absolutely the best parents in the world and Jesus is way too good to me.
[/quote]

Aw! I am guessing that the talk with the parentals went well!?! :dance: :woot:

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1320270224' post='2330451']
I just got a card from the Nashville Dominicans! :woot: :clap:
[/quote]
I thought you were a future franciscan sister missionary of the heart of Jesus and Mary Immaculate! :nun:

FutureSister2009

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1320270704' post='2330457']
I thought you were a future franciscan sister missionary of the heart of Jesus and Mary Immaculate! :nun:
[/quote]

Well they are my first choice, but I have been discerning to branch out to other communities as well just in case

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1320270865' post='2330459']

Well they are my first choice, but I have been discerning to branch out to other communities as well just in case
[/quote]

Thats probably a good thing. I discerned with 3 communities at the same time in the early days until I knew what [i]actually[/i] drew me to a community rather than what I [i]wanted [/i]to.

LaPetiteSoeur

Good news, y'all!

Tonight my father took me out to dinner--he was in town for work--and so I thought tonight might be a good time to officially tell him about the convent. Not that I haven't dropped thousands of hints. But he asked me "So, what is your plan?"

"Well, there's this religious community in Chicago....they're called the FEs and they work with the poor and hope to start low cost schools for impoverished students...."

"Wait, PARDON?"

He was a bit out of it. He was kind of shocked. "I knew you used to want to be a nun and a doctor...[I did, this was a 3rd grade dream that died away when I realized I'm really not interested in Science.]...."

He's proud of my decision. And now he knows, so that's fantastic!

TeresaBenedicta

I'm having such a hard time concentrating on my work... I only have a week and a few days left, but it's taking every fiber of energy I have to accomplish what needs to be accomplished. Mostly because it's not really urgent stuff to begin with... just 'nice' things to have done for the new person coming in. And it's stuff I can get done in the matter of a few hours... so I keep putting it off. So, in the sense, this is nothing new. I always struggle with work when it's like that.

I just can't wait until I have two feet in. I'm tired from juggling both worlds and it will be a beautiful day when I can just focus on one.

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1320346539' post='2330859']
I'm having such a hard time concentrating on my work... I only have a week and a few days left, but it's taking every fiber of energy I have to accomplish what needs to be accomplished. Mostly because it's not really urgent stuff to begin with... just 'nice' things to have done for the new person coming in. And it's stuff I can get done in the matter of a few hours... so I keep putting it off. So, in the sense, this is nothing new. I always struggle with work when it's like that.

I just can't wait until I have two feet in. I'm tired from juggling both worlds and it will be a beautiful day when I can just focus on one.
[/quote]

Just do the best you can! I know the excitement is building and you are ready, but, remember! Your present vocation until the day of your entrance is to finish your work! Just think of how nice it will be to be able to leave your replacement with an empty inbox/outbox. ;)

Prayers, dear! I am so excited for you!!!! :woot:

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1320350617' post='2330883']

Just do the best you can! I know the excitement is building and you are ready, but, remember! Your present vocation until the day of your entrance is to finish your work! Just think of how nice it will be to be able to leave your replacement with an empty inbox/outbox. ;)

Prayers, dear! I am so excited for you!!!! :woot:
[/quote]

Haha, you know what's funny? There's very little "excitement", in way of emotion at least. Mostly just an exasperated "readiness".

I think having lived with the sisters for the past three months has helped purify my desire and need of religious life. I am with them all the time- so there's no excitement about finally getting to be with them. I'm already there. But I have felt, very acutely, the difficulty of being "half in and half out". I'm not sure I can put it into words. It's exhausting, though. And it's impossible... impossible to live the life of a religious while not being a religious. Which is what I have attempted to do for the past three months. What St. Paul says about being concerned about the world versus concerned about the affairs of God... it's true, even regardless of being married! Just being partly in the world! Anyways. What I mean is that I'm ready. Ready to give my whole-hearted attention and being to God. To focus on growing in virtue in a structured way, with the helps and aids that are inherent within religious life itself.

That's something of what I mean by not necessarily being 'excited'. Mostly just ready. My excitement came when I moved in with them. Now it's time to get going with my vocation. Everything else tastes bland and seems so pointless in the grand scheme of things.

But, nevertheless, it is true that faithfulness right now, for me, consists in finishing things here at the parish. The evil one is attacking this point (along with other aspects of my life).

Queen'sDaughter

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1320351363' post='2330888']

Haha, you know what's funny? There's very little "excitement", in way of emotion at least. Mostly just an exasperated "readiness".

I think having lived with the sisters for the past three months has helped purify my desire and need of religious life. I am with them all the time- so there's no excitement about finally getting to be with them. I'm already there. But I have felt, very acutely, the difficulty of being "half in and half out". I'm not sure I can put it into words. It's exhausting, though. And it's impossible... impossible to live the life of a religious while not being a religious. Which is what I have attempted to do for the past three months. What St. Paul says about being concerned about the world versus concerned about the affairs of God... it's true, even regardless of being married! Just being partly in the world! Anyways. What I mean is that I'm ready. Ready to give my whole-hearted attention and being to God. To focus on growing in virtue in a structured way, with the helps and aids that are inherent within religious life itself.

That's something of what I mean by not necessarily being 'excited'. Mostly just ready. My excitement came when I moved in with them. Now it's time to get going with my vocation. Everything else tastes bland and seems so pointless in the grand scheme of things.

But, nevertheless, it is true that faithfulness right now, for me, consists in finishing things here at the parish. The evil one is attacking this point (along with other aspects of my life).
[/quote]

That stinky little stinker :angry: . Don't let him get you down. he will come after you with all he's got. When ever you know he's around, say a Hail Mary. he can't take it.

(I don't use caps for such lowlife as the devil).