An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

Darlene, the local bus service does trips to Chicago and Indy, but nowhere else. Since it's the campus ministry's retreat weekend, no one else was planning on going and the church van will be occupied. My siblings both moved 3-5 hours away a few months ago, and my parents are taking a weekend trip. So,my options are severely limited, but I'm trying to have faith. If God gets me there, it will be a good confirmation that that's where I needed to be :)

Lisa- I will be praying that it will work out for you. Have you contacted the Sisters about this? Maybe someone on the retreat will be passing through (or even just close to) where you are.

TB -SOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!

brandelynmarie

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1320104812' post='2329547']
Darlene, the local bus service does trips to Chicago and Indy, but nowhere else. Since it's the campus ministry's retreat weekend, no one else was planning on going and the church van will be occupied. My siblings both moved 3-5 hours away a few months ago, and my parents are taking a weekend trip. So,my options are severely limited, but I'm trying to have faith. If God gets me there, it will be a good confirmation that that's where I needed to be :)
[/quote]

Is renting a car an option? What if you "rented" a friend's car? :) Prayers as you look for answers & listen to what He is wanting you to do... :amen:

Maybe post something in the Prayer Room on PM? :pray:

Edited by brandelynmarie

brandelynmarie

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1320089490' post='2329446']

Haha, no, no, it's pretty much public now... or at least, it's going public public once I tell my parents (so those of you who are facebook friends of mine, nothing on my wall yet, please!). I'm super excited. A little dumbfounded. My stomach has dropped four feet hasn't risen back up to normal pressure since this morning. There's just so much to do between now and then! And I'm still a little in shock that my entire life is going to chance just like that (you know, snap of the fingers)!! Oy!
[/quote]

Oh my goodness! Amazing news! :yahoo: We are so happy for you even though we will miss you!

FutureSister2009

This is actually kind of a funny story and not exactly Vocational but I guess it could be. My grandmom who as I may have mentioned before works for my Parish. So she had to stop at the Rectory yesterday to pick up music for All Souls Day. It turns out, all the ladies who work as secretaries there, who are not in Religious Life, dressed up as nuns! Apparently they do it every year! They made her call them Sisters and everything. And one of the Sisters who actually is a Sister was there too and some man came in and said would all the real nuns please stand up. And the secretaries stood up and the actual Sister stayed sitting. I could just picture it. I would miss that. I wish I could've gone up to visit them!

FutureSister2009

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1320089490' post='2329446']

Haha, no, no, it's pretty much public now... or at least, it's going public public once I tell my parents (so those of you who are facebook friends of mine, nothing on my wall yet, please!). I'm super excited. A little dumbfounded. My stomach has dropped four feet hasn't risen back up to normal pressure since this morning. There's just so much to do between now and then! And I'm still a little in shock that my entire life is going to chance just like that (you know, snap of the fingers)!! Oy!
[/quote]

I'm so happy for you! But of course my happiness can never come without being jealous too!

Yesterday I had an MD appointment at the clinic where I used to work. One of the folks at the reception desk was a "nun. " I was so thrilled, and wondered why I hadn't seen her around. Then I saw a clown, and realized it was Halloween . . Duh . . Lord I'm slow.

[quote name='TIWW' timestamp='1320187822' post='2329981']
Yesterday I had an MD appointment at the clinic where I used to work. One of the folks at the reception desk was a "nun. " I was so thrilled, and wondered why I hadn't seen her around. Then I saw a clown, and realized it was Halloween . . Duh . . Lord I'm slow.
[/quote]

Thsta something I would do :saint2: Corin and I did see a real monk today. He was power walking down the road at quite a pace, but knowing the date and the dircetion he was going, I suspect he might have said Benediction at St Cecilia's.

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1320075803' post='2329366']
Two weeks. :detective:
[/quote]

:w00t: this is how I feel because of your post.

So we must break out the nun dance:

:nun2:

I'm so excited for you!!!!!!

Prayers. :)

DTA: That is amesome.
TB: how did the talk with Mother go?

[quote name='TIWW' timestamp='1320187822' post='2329981']
[/quote]

This happens to me about every Saturday. Breakfast Club on campus, I'll be driving through and see a veil out of the corner of my eye. I get excited and then realize... not a real nun. Some of the costumes are very realistic.

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1320241495' post='2330227']
Breakfast Club on campus, I'll be driving through and see a veil out of the corner of my eye. I get excited and then realize... not a real nun. Some of the costumes are very realistic.
[/quote]

Hahahaha!

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1320102236' post='2329527']
TB - wonderful news. You must still be in shock :shock: Prayers for you that all goes smoothly. :pray:
[/quote]

Definitely still in shock!

Although, to be honest, there's not a lot here in way of emotions. There's a lot to do before I enter. And it just needs to get done. A week and a half seems like forever, yet I know it will fly by quickly enough. But, there's no obsessing over "lasts" or saying a whole lot of good-byes or anything like that. It will be a rather smooth transition. I mean, I [i]do[/i] already live there. I don't even think I'm going to go and purchase any of the normal things that would be on the "list" of stuff bring. I already have some of it, some will be provided, and then we'll go get what else I need eventually.

I'm talking to my parents tonight and I anticipate that that will be rather rough. It will be pretty late, with the time difference, since I want to talk to them after they get home from work.

But, yeah. It just seems 'normal', you know? Thanks be to God for that, too, because I don't think I could handle the drama of good-byes and "lasts" the like. I'm sure it's exciting and all, but I'm just ready to be[i]in the convent[/i]; no more of the 'one foot in and one foot out' dealio.

My last real hurdle is with my family. Once that is taken care of... it's just a smooth transition.

Actually, it'll be pretty funny, I think. On the day I enter, I'll just don the grey skirt- we're not going to tell any of the sisters! Mwahaha! It's going to be great. :)

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1320241495' post='2330227']

TB: how did the talk with Mother go?

[/quote]

Great! Things are set and ready to go!

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1320244469' post='2330256']

Actually, it'll be pretty funny, I think. On the day I enter, I'll just don the grey skirt- we're not going to tell any of the sisters! Mwahaha! It's going to be great. :)

[/quote]

That should really confuse the other Sisters!

I'm sorry to keep boring you guys with my situation, but I wanted to post an update. I emailed the Sisters, they are trying to find me a ride from someone coming from St. Louis/Indy/Central or Southern Illinois. My priest is also looking at vehicle options, and another friend offered to loan me his car for the weekend. So, it's very possible that I will still get to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God is so amazingly fantastic :)

:nun2: :nun2: :nun2:

:dance5: :dance5: :dance5: