An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

AccountDeleted

Today I am going to ask my boss for time off for the trip - so please pray that all goes smoothly.... thanks. :)

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1318376283' post='2319869']
Today I am going to ask my boss for time off for the trip - so please pray that all goes smoothly.... thanks. :)
[/quote]

Oh definately, I will offer up my sleepless night for your intentions, and pray that it will all work out for you.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1318376476' post='2319872']

Oh definately, I will offer up my sleepless night for your intentions, and pray that it will all work out for you.
[/quote]

What a good way to use a sleepless night :P !! Thank you. :)

Happy news for me. I want to go on a come and see but I didn't know where I would find the money. Then out of the blue this morning an old teacher called and asked me to house sit for him. What he would pay me would cover about 1/2 of the plane ticket! Plus it would mean a week away from my parents. God is good!

TT, that's wonderful news! God has gotten you this far, He won't let you down. But what's the "deal" about being away from your parents for a week? Good or bad?

Being away from my parents for a week=good in my case. I'm a live at home college student so its nice to be able to get away from my parents every once in a while.

FutureSister2009

I've been away from home for a week before so that's no different for me. But now that I'm away full time, it's kind of sad

i<3franciscans

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1318456562' post='2320306']
Being away from my parents for a week=good in my case. I'm a live at home college student so its nice to be able to get away from my parents every once in a while.
[/quote]

I can't understand. I LOVE my parents, but time alone is good too. Sometimes I just need time to think by myself. :)

Hopefully you will find money for the other half of the plane ticket. I hope the house is good for you. :lol:

It's amazing how God can use whatever time we have here on earth. So many of the saints didn't do great things in the world's eyes; some were so very young when they died, practically before they were in the "prime" of life... especially the Carmelites :love:

Lord, may we be your hands and feet in this world. May we live our vocation now and and wait patiently for whatever you have prepared for us.

How is he using your life right now?

He is using me in so many small ways lately, and praised be Jesus Christ, I'm really working on being open to seeing them. Today I just had great conversations with my non-Catholic roommates about what Catholics believe.

i<3franciscans

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1318562433' post='2320979']
It's amazing how God can use whatever time we have here on earth. So many of the saints didn't do great things in the world's eyes; some were so very young when they died, practically before they were in the "prime" of life... especially the Carmelites :love:

Lord, may we be your hands and feet in this world. May we live our vocation now and and wait patiently for whatever you have prepared for us.

How is he using your life right now?

He is using me in so many small ways lately, and praised be Jesus Christ, I'm really working on being open to seeing them. Today I just had great conversations with my non-Catholic roommates about what Catholics believe.
[/quote]
Lisa, this was just hat I needed to hear! It is so beautiful! I made me momentarily stop in my tracks a take a quick look back on the past few years. it is amazing how Jesus is so present in all of our vocation journeys. I would not trade these years for anything! (Funny, a rainbow just appeared right now out side my window!)

I'm so excited. My parents are allowing me to go to the Come and See with the Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church in January!