An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1317392094' post='2312803']

You've applied? oooooh nice.
[/quote]

No, but I dreamed I got my acceptance...so it's kind of weird. I won't be applying for three or four years.

I NOW HAVE A SPIRITUAL DIRECTOR!!!!

We're setting up a time to meet next week. After two years of knowing I was going to move and go to university, I now how a spiritual director that should last me until I go to the convent!!! Woot!

He's a lovely older priest who reminds me of my home pastor and a visiting Jesuit that I absolutely love. Could y'all pray that it goes well?

Merci, merci!

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1317417015' post='2312994']

We're setting up a time to meet next week. After two years of knowing I was going to move and go to university, I now how a spiritual director that should last me until I go to the convent!!! Woot!

He's a lovely older priest who reminds me of my home pastor and a visiting Jesuit that I absolutely love. Could y'all pray that it goes well?

Merci, merci!
[/quote]

Thats really good news LPS, of course I will pray it goes well.

brandelynmarie

Merci, merci!
[/quote]

:bounce: :pray:

i<3franciscans

Merci, merci!
[/quote]
I am so excited for you!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Prayers to you! :nun:

Edited by i<3franciscans

Anybody else caught up in university work right now?

I am in the midst of my master thesis right now... The thesis is going quite well, but then at the end of the year I am having my final exams (Three written essay exams and in January 5 oral ones, all on the same day...) And this is all that counts.It all depends on these days.

And it is the first time in my life I am actually afraid to fail - I have never ever failed anything, got very good grades, got a scholarship so that I will not graduate with debt...

Last year about 50 % of the class failed, so everybody is really anxious this year.

But since my entrance is "set" for April 1st, I really want to graduate now...

I have asked God a lot to take this fear from me... Have been talking it through with the NM. The community is very supporting. Of course it would be great if I come this year, but I told them that so many failed this year, so they understand.

But still, it is there. The fear.
I have been waiting for 1,5 years now already since "knowing" where I will enter. It has been enough waiting. Of course, one could say if I fail that it is Gods will for me to be where I am - but honestly I think that it depends more on the "authorites" of the examinator board... I have lived these last 1,5 year intensively, study, work, travel... But it is enough.

I am really missing having a spiritual director right now. I had a great Jesuit priest, but he got transfered and it did not really make sense for me to look for someone now for the last 10 months...

It would be great if you could keep me in your prayers.

FutureSister2009

Today was a good day. I spent it painting for Habitat for Humanity. While it was tiring and a lot of work, I just couldn't give up. I knew I couldn't. I offered it all up as a Sacrifice. I know I will be doing a lot of things like that in Religious Life so it's a good experience for me. I was doing it out of the goodness of my heart so that helped a lot. Two guys there were doing it as a punishment and they complained the whole time. I didn't.

Painting is good......buffing floors is not. Last (and only time, so it seems) I worked with Habitat we were buffing newly laid floors. I really didn't have appropriate shoes on for the job - should have had work boots on - and buffed the toes on my left foot. I could have lost a couple toes in the process, but only ended up with one broken one. What made me the maddest was I had just used a gift certificate to get a pedicure the day before and it was ruined! Money down the proverbial drain. I should of, in hindsight, offered the whole episode up as a Sacrifice, instead I'm afraid I had to see Father "in the box" for the words that came out of my mouth :))

AccountDeleted

[quote name='juchu' timestamp='1317492310' post='2313432']
Anybody else caught up in university work right now?

I am in the midst of my master thesis right now... The thesis is going quite well, but then at the end of the year I am having my final exams (Three written essay exams and in January 5 oral ones, all on the same day...) And this is all that counts.It all depends on these days.

And it is the first time in my life I am actually afraid to fail - I have never ever failed anything, got very good grades, got a scholarship so that I will not graduate with debt...

Last year about 50 % of the class failed, so everybody is really anxious this year.

But since my entrance is "set" for April 1st, I really want to graduate now...

I have asked God a lot to take this fear from me... Have been talking it through with the NM. The community is very supporting. Of course it would be great if I come this year, but I told them that so many failed this year, so they understand.

But still, it is there. The fear.
I have been waiting for 1,5 years now already since "knowing" where I will enter. It has been enough waiting. Of course, one could say if I fail that it is Gods will for me to be where I am - but honestly I think that it depends more on the "authorites" of the examinator board... I have lived these last 1,5 year intensively, study, work, travel... But it is enough.

I am really missing having a spiritual director right now. I had a great Jesuit priest, but he got transfered and it did not really make sense for me to look for someone now for the last 10 months...

It would be great if you could keep me in your prayers.
[/quote]

Makes me glad my study days are over! I remember well the days and nights of work when doing my Masters, while trying to raise two adopted daughters at the same time, both who were having severe emotional/psychological problems from their birth family stresses (I got one when she was 12 and the other when she was 7). Plus I was working full time as a Deparment Head at a college, and wonding if I would go insane. I think family therapy helped us all get through this time, but now when I think back, I just don't know how I did it.

So I sympathise with what you are going through right now - no matter what else is going on in your life, study is hard enough on its own, thesis, exams - everything - and then worrying about entrance and SDs etc. I wish the best for you - and my prayers :pray:

faithcecelia

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1317521882' post='2313632']
I am just ignoring my studies right now. I know bad student.
[/quote]

I'm ignoring my need for sleep!

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1317521793' post='2313630']

Makes me glad my study days are over! I remember well the days and nights of work when doing my Masters, while trying to raise two adopted daughters at the same time, both who were having severe emotional/psychological problems from their birth family stresses (I got one when she was 12 and the other when she was 7). Plus I was working full time as a Deparment Head at a college, and wonding if I would go insane. I think family therapy helped us all get through this time, but now when I think back, I just don't know how I did it.

So I sympathise with what you are going through right now - no matter what else is going on in your life, study is hard enough on its own, thesis, exams - everything - and then worrying about entrance and SDs etc. I wish the best for you - and my prayers :pray:[/quote]

Thanks for your prayers :pray:. Really appreciated.

Fortunately I do not have so many "things" to worry about, such as raising children and bringing them through their teenage years... I can only imagine what stress that must have been! I was even lucky enough to be able to quit my job for this last year, so that I live very simple, but at least I do not have to manage to combine work and study and all this.

And Future Sister, painting sounds fun!! I love such activities. Doing something with your hands, seing the effect it has...
Well, study hard enough now and I will get to do them in the convent ;)

FutureSister2009

I think the most exciting thing about being here is that I know of two other girls who are also Discerning Religious Life. I thought for sure I would be the only one.

FutureSister2009

And since there has been nothing else new in here I may as well add what I just found out today. My grandmom has been sending me the bulletins from my Church every week and on the cover it has all the staff members names. Turns out there is another new Sister in the Convent in addition to the three we have and the Aspirant! :yahoo: From the looks of the abbreviation next to her name, I don't think she's a part of the Order I am discerning with. I don't know what community she's from. I guess I have to wait and see. She goes to visit the sick of the Parish and her name is Sr. Philomena. I can't wait to meet her!