An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1319632894' post='2327223']

Heh. :)

Well, a countdown would be easier if I had a specific [i]date[/i]. But that's part of the problem. I won't know the date until there's a replacement for me at work. And then it'll basically be the day thereof/thereafter. ;)
[/quote]

I am praying HARD for you! I really want you to find a replacement so you can formally enter! :pray:

TeresaBenedicta

Thanks so much for the prayers... it's a little frustrating because there's a deadline I'm trying to reach. In order to join this year's class, I need to be entered within the next two weeks. And if I'm not joining this year's class, then I want to go home for Christmas. And I haven't told my parents anything as of yet, because I just don't know what's going on... and I want to have concrete answers for them so they don't think I'm just going into the blindly or without thinking things through.

Concrete info is a very good thing to have for the parents, not least of all because it helps to objectify the matter and keep all parties concerned from sinking into a morass of uncontrolled, irrational, and potentially destructive emotion. Also, much harder for the 'rents to put an axe to the root of your vocation tree if you have concrete data. (Nothing against our beloved parents - we quite understand their position of wanting to protect us from "making mistakes" but we just want to help them out by making it impossible from them to terminate the possibility of our fulfilling our dreams!) Praying the "data" you need becomes available soon....

[i]P.S. the above is meant for those who are legally adult, in whatever country they may be in, meaning those who are legally able to make life decisions for themselves. For anyone under the legal age of adulthood, this above advice does not apply.[/i]

TB
How did you get the money to pay off your student loans? 2 weeks is not long for them to find a replacement. Would you go ahead and leave to enter? It is certainly a very good reason.
If you don't get to enter what will you do until next August? go back home or continue your live in?

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='DarleneSteinemann' timestamp='1319687149' post='2327605']
TB
How did you get the money to pay off your student loans? 2 weeks is not long for them to find a replacement. Would you go ahead and leave to enter? It is certainly a very good reason.
If you don't get to enter what will you do until next August? go back home or continue your live in?
[/quote]

I spoke to Father about a week and a half ago, and he gave me the go ahead, saying they'd find a replacement. Thus far he hasn't made any concrete efforts toward that end- which is the cause of my frustration.

I can enter [i]whenever[/i], but if I am to be a part of this year's class (rather than the first member of next year's class), it's gotta be in the next two weeks.

i<3franciscans

TB, I am REALLY praying for you! I hope you find a light in whether you are too enter this year or the next. *hugs* If you do enter this year I shall dearly miss you and Maximus!

OK TB I am going to be storming Heaven for you! Remember this from St Teresa of Avlia "You pay God a compliment by asking great things of Him." Trust and it will work out!!

brandelynmarie

[quote name='Aya Sophia' timestamp='1319641582' post='2327277']
[i]P.S. the above is meant for those who are legally adult, in whatever country they may be in, meaning those who are legally able to make life decisions for themselves. For anyone under the legal age of adulthood, this above advice does not apply.[/i]
[/quote]

Nice addendum Aya! ;) Prayers, prayers & more prayers TB! :pray: :beg: :amen: May God's will be done in this. :)

Edited by brandelynmarie

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1319750281' post='2327901']
OK TB I am going to be storming Heaven for you! Remember this from St Teresa of Avlia "You pay God a compliment by asking great things of Him." Trust and it will work out!!
[/quote]

The more I hear of this woman, the more I like her. ;)

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1319632894' post='2327223']

Heh. :)

Well, a countdown would be easier if I had a specific [i]date[/i]. But that's part of the problem. I won't know the date until there's a replacement for me at work. And then it'll basically be the day thereof/thereafter. ;)
[/quote]

I'm lost. :|

Prayers for you. :)

In 5 days I will be heading up to Michigan for the weekend. Any prayers would be appreciated :) I'm attempting to just go with an open heart, ready to listen to His plan.

Dear Lisa, Mater and all,
I'm keeping you all in prayer as I know from experience what a difficult decision this might be. I'm having a Mass celebrated for all your intentions (for all those discerning and entering consecrated religious life) on the 3rd Sunday in November. For all of your traveling soon, may St. Michael, St. Christopher, and our Blessed Mother watch over you and keep you safe.