An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1320075803' post='2329366']
Two weeks. :detective:
[/quote]

until you officially enter??!?!?!?!?! For reals?????

[quote name='Francis Clare' timestamp='1320070635' post='2329341']
Dear Lisa, Mater and all,
I'm keeping you all in prayer as I know from experience what a difficult decision this might be. I'm having a Mass celebrated for all your intentions (for all those discerning and entering consecrated religious life) on the 3rd Sunday in November. For all of your traveling soon, may St. Michael, St. Christopher, and our Blessed Mother watch over you and keep you safe.
[/quote]

Bless you, FC. I really appreciate the prayers. Because of all this prayerful support, from my CRHP sisters and my pham here, the attacks from the evil one have been minimal. Usually, when it gets so close to going on retreat, I suffer serious doubts. This time, there is nothing but absolute peace! Praised be Jesus Christ! :)

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1320075803' post='2329366']
Two weeks. :detective:
[/quote]

TB, I am SO THRILLED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

[quote name='Francis Clare' timestamp='1320070635' post='2329341']
Dear Lisa, Mater and all,
I'm keeping you all in prayer as I know from experience what a difficult decision this might be. I'm having a Mass celebrated for all your intentions (for all those discerning and entering consecrated religious life) on the 3rd Sunday in November. For all of your traveling soon, may St. Michael, St. Christopher, and our Blessed Mother watch over you and keep you safe.
[/quote]

Thank you so very much!

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1320079400' post='2329381']

until you officially enter??!?!?!?!?! For reals?????
[/quote]

*cough*

It appears so. Just need to confirm with Mother tonight, but it's been approved by employer!

Sorry :blush: Didn't mean to let any cats that were supposed to be in the bag out of the bag. I know nothing! But if I had heard anything along the lines of this news, I would be like this:

:w00t: :woot: :dance: :dance2: :dance3: :dance4: :dance5:

Edited by Lisa

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1320088651' post='2329444']
Sorry :blush: Didn't mean to let any cats that were supposed to be in the bag out of the bag. I know nothing! But if I had heard anything along the lines of this news, I would be like this:

:w00t: :woot: :dance: :dance2: :dance3: :dance4: :dance5:
[/quote]

Haha, no, no, it's pretty much public now... or at least, it's going public public once I tell my parents (so those of you who are facebook friends of mine, nothing on my wall yet, please!). I'm super excited. A little dumbfounded. My stomach has dropped four feet hasn't risen back up to normal pressure since this morning. There's just so much to do between now and then! And I'm still a little in shock that my entire life is going to chance just like that (you know, snap of the fingers)!! Oy!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1320089490' post='2329446']

Haha, no, no, it's pretty much public now... or at least, it's going public public once I tell my parents (so those of you who are facebook friends of mine, nothing on my wall yet, please!). I'm super excited. A little dumbfounded. My stomach has dropped four feet hasn't risen back up to normal pressure since this morning. There's just so much to do between now and then! And I'm still a little in shock that my entire life is going to chance just like that (you know, snap of the fingers)!! Oy!
[/quote]

:nun2: :nun2: :nun2:

If you would, please pray. I took my car into the shop this morning to just have them look at the alternator. They found out that the noise was something else, and it will be $700+ to fix... money that I really don't have. This also means that unless a miracle happens, I won't be going to Ann Arbor this weekend.

I don't mean to be whiney, just could really use some prayers at the moment. God is definitely using this to make me trust Him more, but it's hard.

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1320093830' post='2329467']
If you would, please pray. I took my car into the shop this morning to just have them look at the alternator. They found out that the noise was something else, and it will be $700+ to fix... money that I really don't have. This also means that unless a miracle happens, I won't be going to Ann Arbor this weekend.

I don't mean to be whiney, just could really use some prayers at the moment. God is definitely using this to make me trust Him more, but it's hard.
[/quote]

Prayers for you, that a solution is found :nunpray:

After about a 15 mins of serious freak-out, I went to the chapel and repeated Psalm 86 a lot and just turned it over to Him. If it's meant to be, I'll get there. I'm still very much a disaster that lets little things bother me too much, but may my weakness only point to His strength.

Lisa, so sorry to hear about your car troubles! Are there any other alternative travel arrangement you can make? Foes you campus offer a BB for students going certain directions? Would your parents let you borrow one of their cars or a sibling? Is anyone else from your school going to attend?

Darlene