An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

I didn't want to keep boring you with the ongoing saga, but since someone asked via PM, I thought that I would share.

I AM GOING!!!!!!

DEO GRATIAS! Thanks be to God! Gracias a Dios!

I sent Sr. MR, the vocations assistant, an email. Within 5 minutes she responded that they would find a way to get me there. She email blasted everyone coming from the area, and within a few hours, I had a ride!!!!!!!

So, in less than 24 hours, I will be on my way to visit "my" Sisters- and Jesus (though He's also here locally and I will be spending some time with Him today)! Any prayer requests? Another blessing: since I usually drive, I can't let myself stay up all night in Eucharistic Adoration. But this time, Jesus and me- all night!

In other exciting news, I am now the super blessed and grateful owner of a 4-volume LOTH set! Daytime prayer, here we come!

ETA: Sorry about spamming this thread. I may consider making a community thread similar to FC's and MM's, but, despite being a communication-type major, I've never been great at expressing my personal life/feeling/opinions when I know other people are reading. My blog has some of that, because I know it basically has 3 readers. But anyway, I will pray about it :)

Edited by Lisa

Have a fabulous visit, Lisa. I'll be praying for you. I'm so glad you got to go. :love:

I've also got some good news to share. Last night I heard back from the woman who takes vocational enquiries for the secular institute, and three or four weeks I'll be going to visit her so we can talk in person. That will be a wonderful start to Advent. I don't know how this compares to to discernment with a religious community - there's no initial visit to make, no live-in process, as the consecrated women all live within their own homes. Formation is altogether more fluid, too - I will never have an 'entrance date', just the date I become a candidate, and then the date I take my simple vows, and then (God willing) final vows. I did think about setting up a countdown thread for myself, but that doesn't seem to fit with the nature of the formation process. So I will just share my happiness here instead. :)

Lisa,
What wonderful news! Praying you have a fruitful time with the Sisters and with Jesus.

And Beatitude,
Wonderful news for you as well!

Prayer for both of you - and for all who are discerning/entering.

LaPetiteSoeur

Yay Lisa!!!

In other odd news, I got a strange email from my mother today. She was inquiring about health insurance in the convent! That's a good sign! God has been very good to me in the past few weeks...

Beatitude- how beautiful! When you have some more time, I'd love to hear about sort of the "day-to-day living" in secular institutes. For instance, are there any prayers or activities in particular that the women are encouraged/required to say and do daily? If you've already done this and I just missed it, sorry!

And thank you very, very much to all of your for your encouragement and prayers. It overwhelms me with joy that I have this phamily of people I've never actually met!

Edited by Lisa

TeresaBenedicta

Yay Lisa!!!

Well, I just bought my first pair of "nun" shoes today. Plain black shoes. Yay! LOL. I also went through the old (and rather wrinkled, but at least clean) white shirts from postulant ages past and picked out about four that fit me. Just gotta wash and iron them, then they're ready to go. I'll get fitted for my grey skirt here shortly, I'm sure. I think the only other thing I need to pick up are white under shirts! Then I'm set!

It's going to be great surprising everyone next week. Teehee. Just gonna go change into the skirt and shirt sometime in the middle of the day and then see everyone's reactions when they notice! I had to tell one of our Bedels (like a prefect- she assists Mother as part of the formation team) today so I could go through the shirts... she's so excited! She could barely hold in her reaction!

Ahhh, it's almost here!

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1320426930' post='2331292']
Yay Lisa!!!

Well, I just bought my first pair of "nun" shoes today. Plain black shoes. Yay! LOL. I also went through the old (and rather wrinkled, but at least clean) white shirts from postulant ages past and picked out about four that fit me. Just gotta wash and iron them, then they're ready to go. I'll get fitted for my grey skirt here shortly, I'm sure. I think the only other thing I need to pick up are white under shirts! Then I'm set!

It's going to be great surprising everyone next week. Teehee. Just gonna go change into the skirt and shirt sometime in the middle of the day and then see everyone's reactions when they notice! I had to tell one of our Bedels (like a prefect- she assists Mother as part of the formation team) today so I could go through the shirts... she's so excited! She could barely hold in her reaction!

Ahhh, it's almost here!
[/quote]

I am so, so happy for you! Its so wonderful how it has all worked out for you, and I am sure your trust and surrender to God will continue and increase :nun1: I will miss you though, but I'll be praying!

TB- I think someone should have a camera to capture everyone's reactions! Again I am just so excited for you (though I know we will all miss you on here)1

TB - Where were you a Postulant at before?

Do your classmates know?

Best Wishes to you as a future bride of Christ!

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='DarleneSteinemann' timestamp='1320515046' post='2331933']

TB - Where were you a Postulant at before?

Do your classmates know?

Best Wishes to you as a future bride of Christ!
[/quote]

Oh- I've never been a postulant before. I was looking through old shirts left at the convent from previous postulants (most of whom are now professed sisters!)

None of my classmates know as of yet. They'll find out when they see me in my grey skirt. :D We're keeping it a surprise- although I can hardly hold it in, to tell you the truth!