An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

i<3franciscans

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1320517750' post='2331949']

Oh- I've never been a postulant before. I was looking through old shirts left at the convent from previous postulants (most of whom are now professed sisters!)

None of my classmates know as of yet. They'll find out when they see me in my grey skirt. :D We're keeping it a surprise- although I can hardly hold it in, to tell you the truth!
[/quote]
I think that I would explode from excitement! What is the exact date again?
:nun2:

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1320527224' post='2331990']
I think that I would explode from excitement! What is the exact date again?
:nun2:
[/quote]

The closer it gets, the more excited I'm becoming! I should be 'entering' either Thursday night, sometime Friday, or perhaps Sat/Sun.... LOL. A lot depends on stuff here at work. Friday is technically a holiday and the office will be closed... but I might need to come in, if Father wants me to. Saturday I have a sacramental prep class from 10AM-NOON, but I don't teach, so I might not need to be there, if I can get someone to come and unlock the building for the classes. And there's also the possibility that Father will want me at all of the Masses, since he'll be announcing my departure. But I won't be speaking, so I'm not sure.

I went through my stuff over the weekend (what little I even had as it is) and parsed down to what I'll keep in the convent: 5 tee shirts, 5 white dress shirts (yay postulant garb!), three pairs of black socks, three pairs of white socks, three pairs of shorts, one pair of sweatpants, one pair of pajama pantaloons, and a few undershirts. I have a pair of sandals, a pair of tennis shoes, and a pair of black nun shoes. Oh- a sweater, my black Northface, and a winter jacket. And a sweatshirt.

Then I have my four volume set of the LOTH, my bible, and a few books. Hopefully my mom will send my trumpet sometime soon.

Craziness. But it's amesome. :D

TeresaBenedicta

Also, something random and unexpected...

It is quite likely that I will be invested with the holy habit... wow, in exactly a month from tomorrow.

All of the sudden, the thought of being in habit terrifies me. In the sort of 'I am not worthy' way. I used to be sooo excited about it. And I still am... but in a different sort of way. Mostly, however, I'm terrified because of how absolutely unworthy I am to receive it.

she_who_is_not

But isn't that the beauty of it, TB. No one is worthy. It is a gift and a mystery. Receive it joyfully. I am so happy for you but will miss you. Please keep us in your prayers.

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1320618179' post='2332301']

It is quite likely that I will be invested with the holy habit... wow, in exactly a month from tomorrow.

All of the sudden, the thought of being in habit terrifies me. In the sort of 'I am not worthy' way. I used to be sooo excited about it. And I still am... but in a different sort of way. Mostly, however, I'm terrified because of how absolutely unworthy I am to receive it.
[/quote]

Wow! So quick! I'm sure that would make me nervous too! :unsure:

But I guess since you have been there for a while, it's like an unofficial postulancy of sorts. :)

[/quote]
WOW!!! That is amazing. Even more prayers for you!

brandelynmarie

[/quote]

: :nun2: :nun2: :nun2:

TB, what exciting news! One month, eh? Right around the corner. The time will pass so very quickly, and at the same time, so painfully slow. Alas, my prayer list grows longer...... just kidding. It's not a burden but a privilege to pray for all of you entering and discerning.

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Francis Clare' timestamp='1320675425' post='2332543']
TB, what exciting news! One month, eh? Right around the corner. The time will pass so very quickly, and at the same time, so painfully slow. Alas, my prayer list grows longer...... just kidding. It's not a burden but a privilege to pray for all of you entering and discerning.
[/quote]

Just a few days until I enter- about a month until investiture!

Oh man. If you all could pray for my family... this is really difficult for them, and also for me. They are supportive, but they are hurting... and there's nothing that can be done to take away their hurt. Time alone will provide some sort of understanding and healing. This week is particularly difficult for all of us.

Of course I will pray for you and your family :) I have a notebook with names and prayer requests that I carry with me almost all the time. Little prayers here and there, and longer prayers when the time is appropriate. I'm so excited for you, and the time WILL pass quickly. God will take care of your family situation if you let Him. You might not see Him working in the here and now, but know He IS on your side and will heal all hurts in His timing.

i<3franciscans

TB, I can't believe how close it is! What are we going to do without you and Maximus??? I am going to miss you! You can be sure we are praying for your family. I will start a novena today. :) Many prayers and Blessings! *hugs* :nun2: