An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1317853253' post='2315800']
And since there has been nothing else new in here I may as well add what I just found out today. My grandmom has been sending me the bulletins from my Church every week and on the cover it has all the staff members names. Turns out there is another new Sister in the Convent in addition to the three we have and the Aspirant! :yahoo: From the looks of the abbreviation next to her name, I don't think she's a part of the Order I am discerning with. I don't know what community she's from. I guess I have to wait and see. She goes to visit the sick of the Parish and her name is Sr. Philomena. I can't wait to meet her!
[/quote]

What was the abbreviation, if you don't mind me asking?

FutureSister2009

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1317853444' post='2315802']

What was the abbreviation, if you don't mind me asking?
[/quote]

I don't have it with me this second but when i check again, I'll post it here to see if anyone knows.

I have no spiritual director. Never have had. I think I might need one now, so I'm considering whom to ask. Please pray for me.

HopefulBride

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1317853562' post='2315805']

I don't have it with me this second but when i check again, I'll post it here to see if anyone knows.
[/quote]

What is your old parish FutureSister? I know of a sr Philomena doing similar work but it is in Port Similac

FutureSister2009

I am not in Port Similac that's for sure. I don't even know where that is! Sr. Philomena's abbreviation is FDNSC. I have no idea what community that is but I'm going to try to look it up

Edited by FutureSister2009

HopefulBride

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1317910119' post='2316079']
I am not in Port Similac that's for sure. I don't even know where that is! Sr. Philomena's abbreviation is FDNSC. I have no idea what community that is but I'm going to try to look it up
[/quote]

What does the habit look like? I think I found who I think they might be....

FutureSister2009

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1317910316' post='2316082']

What does the habit look like? I think I found who I think they might be....
[/quote]

I have not seen the habit seeing as I have not been home since she started there. Seeing as I am at school right now. Everyone knows I'm at school right now.

http://www.olshaustralia.org/about-us/dsp-default.cfm?loadref=1 I think this is it . The Daughters of the Sacred Heart. I like the name. I can't wait to meet her!

HopefulBride

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1317910497' post='2316083']

I have not seen the habit seeing as I have not been home since she started there. Seeing as I am at school right now. Everyone knows I'm at school right now.

[url="http://www.olshaustralia.org/about-us/dsp-default.cfm?loadref=1"]http://www.olshaustr...t.cfm?loadref=1[/url] I think this is it . The Daughters of the Sacred Heart. I like the name. I can't wait to meet her!
[/quote]

That's the one I found. It seems they are in a lot of countries.

Mary's Margaret

I believe they're the Daughters of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart. When I looked up their website (sorry I don't know how to post either the pictures or the web address) the Sisters in the US seemed only to have no habit or a very modified one.

HopefulBride

[quote name='Mary's Margaret' timestamp='1317911066' post='2316098']
I believe they're the Daughters of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart. When I looked up their website (sorry I don't know how to post either the pictures or the web address) the Sisters in the US seemed only to have no habit or a very modified one.
[/quote]

I noticed the same thing.

Mary's Margaret

Just for clarification: from what I found on-line, the Daughters of the Sacred Heart are DSH and the Daughters of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart are FDNSC [url="http://www.thecatholictreasurechest.com/order"]www.thecatholictreasurechest.com/order[/url] is a great site for deciphering these 'codes'

Mary's Margaret

I'm so sorry. I can't seem to get back to it at the moment. Another site with an extensive list of acronyms is Catholic Doors Ministry. If you scroll down a little on the left side under Abbreviations, click on Religious Orders and you'll find over 800 of them! Handy to keep in 'favourites'.
Again, sorry I'm so computer challenged (you'd never know I used to program them...umm...40 years ago!) Anyway, hope the list proves useful.