An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

FutureSister2009

Hi LC I don't think we've met yet.

But on a different note........

I GOT A CARD FROM MY SISTERS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance6: :dance2: :dance3: :cheer: :nun2: I was so happy and it was so unexpected. The Convent is still being renovated so it's not ready for Retreats yet sadly but they're doing well and they miss me! And of course I miss them! And they thanked me for the can opener! Well my day has been made. I'm very happy, but still sad since I do miss them a lot. But I feel better knowing I heard from them!

i<3franciscans

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1316623126' post='2308114']
Hi LC I don't think we've met yet.

But on a different note........

I GOT A CARD FROM MY SISTERS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance6: :dance2: :dance3: :cheer: :nun2: I was so happy and it was so unexpected. The Convent is still being renovated so it's not ready for Retreats yet sadly but they're doing well and they miss me! And of course I miss them! And they thanked me for the can opener! Well my day has been made. I'm very happy, but still sad since I do miss them a lot. But I feel better knowing I heard from them!
[/quote]
FS2009, SO happy for you! I can't wait to have nuns miss me! LOL

I got a letter yesterday from the SSJ sister I used to work with!!!

I miss her, very much, as she's a wonderful, holy woman who does tons of great work for the Church!

Now I should really write her back....

I'm tracking my friend's flight to England and she is over the Atlantic. She should be in London in 4 hours! I am so excited for her, but I'm praying for her to get there safely because she is a VERY nervous flyer. They just flew over Newfoundland a little while ago and are on a straight path headed for the UK. :)

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1316702876' post='2308513']
Is she going to visit a order over there?
[/quote]

She's entering the postulancy with the Benedictine Sisters of Grace and Compassion in Brighton, England. :)

MargaretTeresa

I got correspondence from the Nashies (their usual little mail out) and PCCs (An actual letter, with suggestion of maybe setting up a visit... oi!)!!! Yay! (But figuring out how to get to the FSP in Alexandria and/or StL is taking precedence right now... oi)

i<3franciscans

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316712988' post='2308569']

She's entering the postulancy with the Benedictine Sisters of Grace and Compassion in Brighton, England. :)
[/quote]
Yay!

How was her flight? Did she manage alright?

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1316716705' post='2308588']
Yay!

How was her flight? Did she manage alright?
[/quote]

I haven't heard from her personally, so I don't know how she fared on the way over there, but I tracked her entire flight last night as it made it's way across the Eastern US coast and then over the Atlantic. They made good time and landed 20 minutes earlier than scheduled. :)

I just got some pictures printed since we had some taken with my digital camera on Tuesday night before she left. One was of me and her, and then we had one taken with our pastor. She asked me to email them to her, which I did, but she didn't have time to have them printed, so I got her copies and I'm sending them over along with a "Thinking of You" card and a "Thank You" card since she gave me a book. I miss her so much already, but I know that God is calling her there for a reason. :)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316712988' post='2308569']

[/quote]

Interesting [url="http://www.graceandcompassionbenedictines.org.uk/aboutus.htm"]Order[/url]. :)

Edited by JoyfulLife

i<3franciscans

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316717993' post='2308596']

I haven't heard from her personally, so I don't know how she fared on the way over there, but I tracked her entire flight last night as it made it's way across the Eastern US coast and then over the Atlantic. They made good time and landed 20 minutes earlier than scheduled. :)

I just got some pictures printed since we had some taken with my digital camera on Tuesday night before she left. One was of me and her, and then we had one taken with our pastor. She asked me to email them to her, which I did, but she didn't have time to have them printed, so I got her copies and I'm sending them over along with a "Thinking of You" card and a "Thank You" card since she gave me a book. I miss her so much already, but I know that God is calling her there for a reason. :)
[/quote]
I know how you feel. I have a friend entering the Little Sisters of the Poor on the 4th of October. I am going to miss her so much, but she is so excited! I am so happy for her, but I am going to miss her terribly! I am going to see her when she becomes a novices next July, I can't wait!

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1316718902' post='2308599']
I know how you feel. I have a friend entering the Little Sisters of the Poor on the 4th of October. I am going to miss her so much, but she is so excited! I am so happy for her, but I am going to miss her terribly! I am going to see her when she becomes a novices next July, I can't wait!
[/quote]

I have another friend, who posts here from time to time, that is re-entering her religious order next June. Hopefully, I won't be too far behind (God-willing), but it's hard letting go of your friends. I can only imagine the difficulty of separation of parents from their children. If friendship partings hurt, think how badly parents ache when their child flies the nest. My mom is trying to be really supportive and strong, which I admire, but I know that she is going to have a difficult time when I do finally fly the nest. She struggled when my younger sister left for college. :blush:

I had the most amazing spiritual direction this morning, but I haven't been able to reflect on any of it because of an overwhelming pile of homework. Am I going to have to :juggle: [i]everything[/i] senior year?

Discernment shouldn't have to be juggled. :annoyed: