An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1339612026' post='2444332']
How many aprons do you have to make? I need 8, or 6 -- I can't remember.
[/quote]
[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1339614702' post='2444348']
Wow, that's a lot! We need four aprons and two postulant outfits.

Are you back from Rome?
[/quote]

Maybe it's a good thing I'm not called to either of those orders. I don't have a sewing machine and I wouldn't last if I had to sew by hand. I'd have to hire a seamstress. :hehe2:

Deus te Amat

Thankfully, one of the sister's mothers, who has made, not only her daughter's aprons, but another girls from my town as wel, offered to make mine.

I'm still in Rome, but return Friday. I'm exhausted, so please pardon the bad grammar.

Also, Dominic loves you!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1339615116' post='2444351']
Thankfully, one of the sister's mothers, who has made, not only her daughter's aprons, but another girls from my town as wel, offered to make mine.

I'm still in Rome, but return Friday. I'm exhausted, so please pardon the bad grammar.

Also, Dominic loves you!
[/quote]

Thank goodness! That's really nice of her. Is she doing it for free and you just buy the fabric? :)

Deus te Amat

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1339615472' post='2444354']

Thank goodness! That's really nice of her. Is she doing it for free and you just buy the fabric? :)
[/quote]

Yes. :)

Also, I don't have to make my postulant outfit --- the community does, but I pay for it.

Lisa: Where are you entering?

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1339615116' post='2444351']
I'm still in Rome[/quote]

holy jealousy!!!!!

DtA- sounds like a deal!

By the way, you and your sisters are in my litany of intentions for the Sacred Heart novena that we're doing!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1339615685' post='2444355']
Yes. :)

Also, I don't have to make my postulant outfit --- the community does, but I pay for it.
[/quote]

Sounds like a deal to me. I'd rather have someone who is used to sewing than have the headache of doing it myself. Glad someone is willing to help you out. :)

I GOT A LIVE IN [size=2](almost)[/size]!!!

I got an email from the Novice Mistress at St. Cecilia's suggesting the 3 weeks they want for my live-in. The dates are perfect for me, the only thing now is to convince my mother. I'll go whether she supports it or not in the end, I have a house of my own so I can go there if she's going to be that difficult about it.

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

Deus te Amat

EmilyAnn, prayers! That is super exciting!

I got to hang out with my sisters nearly every day for the last week. :love: God is so good to me.

AveMariaPurissima

Hey Lisa -- isn't pre-aspirancy week coming up soon? (and by the way, that can be treated as a yes or no question; I'm not looking for personal info about the other pre-aspirants)

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1339706412' post='2444739']
Hey Lisa -- isn't pre-aspirancy week coming up soon? (and by the way, that can be treated as a yes or no question; I'm not looking for personal info about the other pre-aspirants)
[/quote]

Why, yes, it is!!!!!!!!!! 9 1/2 days, but not like I'm counting or anything. :) So so so blessed!!!!

How are your preparations going?

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1339692999' post='2444653']
I GOT A LIVE IN [size=2](almost)[/size]!!!

I got an email from the Novice Mistress at St. Cecilia's suggesting the 3 weeks they want for my live-in. The dates are perfect for me, the only thing now is to convince my mother. I'll go whether she supports it or not in the end, I have a house of my own so I can go there if she's going to be that difficult about it.

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!
[/quote]

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1339713967' post='2444770']
Why, yes, it is!!!!!!!!!! 9 1/2 days, but not like I'm counting or anything. :) So so so blessed!!!!

[/quote]

Its all happening at the moment!!! I bet you're marking off the days with a big red marker, Lisa.

I've got news as well. I've just got an email saying I'm accepted for a two-week vocations retreat next month.

AveMariaPurissima

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1339713967' post='2444770']

[/quote]
amesome! :like3:
My preparations are going pretty well. I still have several things to purchase, but they shouldn't be too hard to get ahold of. For some of it I'll have to wait until it gets a little closer to fall/winter so that the items will actually (I hope) be available in stores.
I have a lot of questions that I need to ask the Sisters. I really should call them, but I keep letting my aversion to making phone calls get in the way. :spike: I emailed them several days ago (I don't remember when exactly it was...) about a really important question, but they [i]still[/i] haven't written back to me. :idontknow: Kinda frustrating... :wall:
I am really excited though!!!!! :dance: (85 days!!!)
[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1339714132' post='2444771']
I've got news as well. I've just got an email saying I'm accepted for a two-week vocations retreat next month.
[/quote]
That's wonderful! :)