An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1343370795' post='2459257']
Well, since this is a random vocations thread, and I am good at being seemingly random, though most of the time I'm not being random, rather something said triggered a memory of mine, I suppose I'll add another post.

I have been talking with the Franciscan Brothers Minor for nearly half a year now, and I really think they are the community for me. They have very deep spiritual lives (They do all seven hours of the Divine Office every day), and yet they also go out and speak to people a lot, and they have free time as well to do whatever they like, so I can practice my karate. And, they are traditional to the core. I'm drawn to them in a way I have never been drawn to a community before. I really hope to go on a live-in as soon as possible (Which is conveniently seventeen). Just a little more than a year to go until I can do this, too.
[/quote]

I think these are the friars equivalent to the PCCs (ie they are their chaplains). You should become a Friar in the diocese of Las Cruces, and come say Holy Mass at the Roswell Poor Clare's monastery!...God willing, of course.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1343373808' post='2459261']
I think these are the friars equivalent to the PCCs (ie they are their chaplains). You should become a Friar in the diocese of Las Cruces, and come say Holy Mass at the Roswell Poor Clare's monastery!...God willing, of course.
[/quote]

Ha. Well, it is quite tempting, but I like the Franciscan Brothers Minor. I remember once someone on here tried to get me to join the FSSP because they administer the sacraments for some Carmelite Nuns in that area. How am I supposed to administer the sacraments to all of these different Carmelite Monasteries? :hehe:

Lil'Monster

I am going crazy..wait I think I have reach the highest of insanity............................ :o

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1343336535' post='2459129']
I found out yesterday that a friend of my brother's fiancée just got accepted to the Nashville Dominicans!!!!!! :woot:
[/quote]

I just read this as "my brother's fiancee." My first thought was "bummer for him." I know, not really, but that would be quite the shock!

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1343448170' post='2459615']
I am going crazy..wait I think I have reach the highest of insanity............................ :o
[/quote]

Join the club!

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1343448170' post='2459615']
[/quote]

The highest level of insanity is leaving and/or hating the Church. It may be difficult to join the Dominicans if you have truly reached the highest level of insanity. However, I would not doubt this. You did say you wanted camouflage as a color for your wedding...

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1343496211' post='2459754']
I just read this as "my brother's fiancee." My first thought was "bummer for him."[/quote]

:lol: yes.

Pax_et bonum

My mom just told me to read Story of a Soul so I can know how hard religious life is (not that she's ever read it). :wall:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1344013932' post='2462121']
My mom just told me to read Story of a Soul so I can know how hard religious life is (not that she's ever read it). :wall:
[/quote]

It's may not be as hard physically as it was then, although they did have lay sisters back then to do a lot of the work, but it is still just as hard to give up one's self-will. But as Therese made clear, it's a little easier if one becomes like a child again. :)

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1344013932' post='2462121']
[/quote]

Now you just need some good titles on the difficulty of the married life!

"[url="http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-Natural-Family-Planning/dp/0926412132"]The Art of Natural Family Planning[/url]"
"[url="http://www.amazon.com/Bringing-Boys-Practical-Encouragement-Generation/dp/084235266X"]Bringing up Boys[/url]"
"[url="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0615583849/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0553283960&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0YDWZKASB2B67QKWKTFW"]How to Get out of Debt[/url]"
"[url="http://www.amazon.com/Communication-Miracles-Couples-Effective-Conflict/dp/1573240834"]Communication Miracles for Couples[/url]"

MessorCarus

so, my friend is in DC, she sas Sisters with light blue and white habits. Any ideas? They may have been visiting which makes it more tricky.

[quote name='MessorCarus' timestamp='1344047723' post='2462514']
so, my friend is in DC, she sas Sisters with light blue and white habits. Any ideas? They may have been visiting which makes it more tricky.
[/quote]

le gasp. I am going to DC in a couple days....maybe I will catch a peek!

MessorCarus

Yay! Hopefully you do and then you can tell me who they are.

All she saw were the colors not anything else so it was hard to pinpoint the order.

Hello!

A random post for a random thread...

First of all, I want to let all of you discerners know that you're in my prayers. I recently completed 10 years in Religious Life & I can't even begin to express how grace-filled these years have been.

As you can see by my "lurker" status, I'm new here--at least new to posting. (True to my status, I've been lurking for awhile...) What you can't see (yet--it will soon become obvious!) is that I'm technologically challenged. This is the first time I've ever posted in any kind of forum. Among other things, I'd like to change my avatar, but I keep getting a message saying that I don't have access/authority (or something like that) to change my own profile. Any advice/recommendations?

I hope y'all have a blessed day!

[quote name='Hna.Caridad' timestamp='1344618174' post='2465607']
Hello!

A random post for a random thread...

First of all, I want to let all of you discerners know that you're in my prayers. I recently completed 10 years in Religious Life & I can't even begin to express how grace-filled these years have been.

As you can see by my "lurker" status, I'm new here--at least new to posting. (True to my status, I've been lurking for awhile...) What you can't see (yet--it will soon become obvious!) is that I'm technologically challenged. This is the first time I've ever posted in any kind of forum. Among other things, I'd like to change my avatar, but I keep getting a message saying that I don't have access/authority (or something like that) to change my own profile. Any advice/recommendations?

I hope y'all have a blessed day!
[/quote]
your post first needed to be approved before it was visible (keeps out spammers). you still need to have 10 posts to have access to certain abilities on the phorums. keep posting! :)

and welcome!

Hi, Hna.Caridad,

Welcome to Phatmass! Many people here have been in the same place as you -- unsure what to do here, not sure what to do next while transitioning in religious life -- or both!

You will find that you will get 'more permissions' as you post a few more things - many people find it helpful to start an 'i'm new in town' thread on open mic and/or here in Vocation Station ("VS") - that way people can greet you and you will get to know us a little better.

Glad to have you! :welcome: