An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1308860564' post='2257783']
Well, the position will likely begin sometime between the beginning and middle of August. And, according to Mother, I could officially move in come September (they'll be gone until then). Of course, that leaves a slight gap. But she said not to worry and that I could stay at the convent in DC until they're back... which just means a slightly longer drive for the first few weeks. :)
[/quote]

Ok well I guess not the July retreat. I guess we shouldn't be THAT surprised- after all you have an army of blue praying for you!

:nunpray:

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='To Jesus Through Mary' timestamp='1308876592' post='2257899']
THAT IS AMAZING!! That looks soo positive! I will continue to pray for you! Maybe Futuresister and I will see you at the July retreat after all... ;)
[/quote]

I'll actually be in town during the retreat- my face to face interview will be that Friday morning/afternoon. I've e-mailed Mother to let her know that they gave me Saturday to be with the sisters. So who knows, I might actually come to Friday Night/Saturday/Sunday morning of the retreat. I leave Sunday afternoon, though. So I might just get together with some of the other sisters in the area who aren't facilitating the retreat... we'll see!!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1308859628' post='2257778']
They're flying me out for a second interview!! :clapping:

I won't go into the conversations I've been having, but overall, it's extremely positive and there's quite the chance that I'll be offered the position.

I have a lot to think about between now and then, and a lot to do... not the least of which is talking to my current employer and that's not really something I'm looking forward to, to say the least.

Also need to put a new engine in my car. Completely clean out my room (which was never really done since I got home from college). Begin the packing process- which is complicated, considering I'm moving... but living with the sisters, and eventually just transitioning into the order once I completely pay off my loans. So I need to take less than I normally would just living in an apartment, but enough to have a good wardrobe for work.

Everything's on such a quick timeline. But, God is good!!
[/quote]

I am so happy for you! I am really praying hard that you get offered the position. I think it would be an excellent and blessed opportunity for you to be able to live with the Sisters. There is always that fear of losing a vocation if you wait too long to enter, but in your case, living with the Sisters full-time will provide you with amazing experiences that will better prepare you for religious life. :clapping:

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1308877019' post='2257901']
I'll actually be in town during the retreat- my face to face interview will be that Friday morning/afternoon. I've e-mailed Mother to let her know that they gave me Saturday to be with the sisters. So who knows, I might actually come to Friday Night/Saturday/Sunday morning of the retreat. I leave Sunday afternoon, though. So I might just get together with some of the other sisters in the area who aren't facilitating the retreat... we'll see!!
[/quote]

Sweet! Really I am just so stoked for you. I can only imagine how hard this must be. I'll keep praying as it progresses!! Hope to see ya! I guess I won't be able to talk, but it would be beautiful to pray with you :)

TeresaBenedicta

Spoke with my current employer... it was a tough conversation, but it was good. Really good. And she's just extremely happy for me.

MargaretTeresa

So, heard back from my pastor about finding an SD. Won't give me names until I get back in August. I will be ambushing him the day after I move in. So, until then, I am stuck in limbo. Gah.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1308932690' post='2258113']
Spoke with my current employer... it was a tough conversation, but it was good. Really good. And she's just extremely happy for me.
[/quote]

That's great news! I'm glad it went over well. :like:

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1308938230' post='2258143']
So, heard back from my pastor about finding an SD. Won't give me names until I get back in August. I will be ambushing him the day after I move in. So, until then, I am stuck in limbo. Gah.
[/quote]

I wonder why he won't give you names? That's a little weird. :blink:

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1308938230' post='2258143']
[/quote]

You still couldn't be getting started until you got back.

Chill, dearie.

:smokey:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1308941768' post='2258163']

Chill, dearie.

[/quote]

Actually, it might have been good for her to learn names so that she could start a long distance SD relationship with the one she would meet in person. SD's are invaluable and it would be good to get started ASAP. It takes so long to find one, anyway, and even longer to see if they are the right fit for you. I know because I had one that I thought at first would be a good fit and then as the meetings progressed, I felt I wasn't getting anywhere. He was not helping me so I had to end it and I haven't been able to find one since. There seems to be a lack of SDs all over. I really wished I lived in a college town like Steubenville where there are an abundance of religious. Unfortunately, I won't be moving anywhere anytime soon. :(

FutureSister2009

[quote name='To Jesus Through Mary' timestamp='1308877800' post='2257908']
Sweet! Really I am just so stoked for you. I can only imagine how hard this must be. I'll keep praying as it progresses!! Hope to see ya! I guess I won't be able to talk, but it would be beautiful to pray with you :)
[/quote]

We'll get to see each other! But it is a silent retreat so there won't be much talk time. But I think we'll get to meet during dinner Friday night! I am so excited!!!

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1308950890' post='2258257']
We'll get to see each other! But it is a silent retreat so there won't be much talk time. But I think we'll get to meet during dinner Friday night! I am so excited!!!
[/quote]

Yeah I am pretty excited as well!! It is going to be such an amesome retreat. But yes, I look forward to meeting you Friday! Sweet!:clapping:

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1308939110' post='2258147']
I wonder why he won't give you names? That's a little weird. :blink:
[/quote]

Fr J. pry wants to talk to me about what exactly God's telling me so he can give me a good list.

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1308941768' post='2258163']

Chill, dearie.

[/quote]

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1308942031' post='2258165']
Actually, it might have been good for her to learn names so that she could start a long distance SD relationship with the one she would meet in person. SD's are invaluable and it would be good to get started ASAP. It takes so long to find one, anyway, and even longer to see if they are the right fit for you. I know because I had one that I thought at first would be a good fit and then as the meetings progressed, I felt I wasn't getting anywhere. He was not helping me so I had to end it and I haven't been able to find one since. There seems to be a lack of SDs all over. I really wished I lived in a college town like Steubenville where there are an abundance of religious. Unfortunately, I won't be moving anywhere anytime soon. :(
[/quote]

Fr. J said he would have been happy to SD, but hasn't in several years. He's rather dense sometimes anyway... I've pretty much outright said I was discerning and he hasn't gotten it... rotfl

FutureSister2009

I don't know where else to put this and it's bothering me. I just want to get it out. I had to say goodbye to my Sister friends today. One is going to stay with her sick mother and the other is going to Italy. I had to go through this last summer but it's different this year because I don't know if I'll get to see them again before I move into school. I want to give them a proper goodbye just like the rest of my Church friends before I go. Leaving my Parish is hard enough. But it is motivating me to finally get in touch with the rest of the Community. I'll be doing that today or tomorrow or Friday.

I just need to relax. I have to concentrate on going to see the SSVMs and helping out with Vacation Bible School after that. And then I get to look forward to my future cousin in law's Bridal Shower, and then my 20th birthday. Taking it one day at a time.

HopefulBride

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1308932690' post='2258113']
[/quote]

Glad your talk with your current employer went well. I am praying that your interview goes well.

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1309375136' post='2260363']
Glad your talk with your current employer went well. I am praying that your interview goes well.
[/quote]

Thanks! I'm really excited for it- having met everyone on the phone, I can't wait to meet them in person. And to see the parish! (Today is a feast day for them- St. Paul's!)