An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

HopefulBride

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1309564318' post='2261807']
Yes! I will visit them for a couple hours probably. I'm going to visit some of my Twitter friends. We want to visit Covington and then drive across the lake for a little while. :dance3:
[/quote]

Wonderful!! I hope you have a great visit.

FutureSister2009

Truth be told, I'm kind of nervous about my Retreat with the SSVMs. I'm not sure if I'm more nervous about the actual Retreat or if I'm nervous about going over there by myself. I'm praying I get there safely.

faithcecelia

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1309637172' post='2262203']
Truth be told, I'm kind of nervous about my Retreat with the SSVMs. I'm not sure if I'm more nervous about the actual Retreat or if I'm nervous about going over there by myself. I'm praying I get there safely.
[/quote]

When do you go? Is it a complicated journey? I am sure you will be fine and will be praying for you.

FutureSister2009

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1309637349' post='2262204']
When do you go? Is it a complicated journey? I am sure you will be fine and will be praying for you.
[/quote]

I go Friday. I'm taking a train by myself and a Sister is going to pick me up at the Station. Since I've never met any of them in person and I don't know any of them personally, that makes me more nervous.

faithcecelia

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1309637543' post='2262207']
I go Friday. I'm taking a train by myself and a Sister is going to pick me up at the Station. Since I've never met any of them in person and I don't know any of them personally, that makes me more nervous.
[/quote]

Oh bless you. I am sure it will be okay. I was once met at the station by a Poor Clare nun who I had never met. It was strange, but okay - and at least in your case you won't be trying to hide the fact you had already been a novice elsewhere like I was at the time :blush:

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1309637543' post='2262207']
[/quote]

Okay, so various people have various ideas about habits and I'm not trying to open THAT can of worms, but THIS is when habits are unequivocably helpful!

She'll be the one in the blue veil. You can't miss her. :)

faithcecelia

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1309644648' post='2262278']
Okay, so various people have various ideas about habits and I'm not trying to open THAT can of worms, but THIS is when habits are unequivocably helpful!

[/quote]

Most definately!

TeresaBenedicta

[/quote]

True!

One of the sisters had to come pick me up at the train station when I was coming to visit them in NY.

Don't worry- they're all wonderful!!

MargaretTeresa

[/quote]

bahahaha! rotfl oh, krissy!

So, I asked for the names of the Covington Carmel's sisters. I'm going to make them all little prayer cards. There's seven of them. There's a couple who are named with names I don't recognize (for a saint, anyway). There's a Sr Edith, which made me smile. And for Sr Grace, I'm going to paint an OL of Grace card. My friends that I'm staying with during this visit will also get prayer cards.

I'm gonna go insane. I'm painting 9 prayer cards in roughly two days.

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1309637172' post='2262203']
[/quote]

It'll be alright. I promise. :) I loooovvveee trains. But way cheaper for me to take a bus from NYC. And on a missionary stipend, well the choice was clear. But good stuff. You will get to see parts of the country you wouldn't normally get to from the road. So enjoy the ride!!

I look forward to seeing you. I heard these retreats are just amesome. So looking forward to the experience!! I am sure it is going to change us for the better.

:nunpray:

FutureSister2009

I know what their habits look like. I just hope its not like awkward or anything. Although I'm usually very outgoing, I can be shy sometimes

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1309658883' post='2262377']
I know what their habits look like. I just hope its not like awkward or anything. Although I'm usually very outgoing, I can be shy sometimes
[/quote]

Nah, it won't be awkward at all. The sisters are so sweet- they'll make up for any shyness on your part! I know almost all of the sisters that are likely to be there and they're all wonderful :)

TeresaBenedicta

Interview is quickly approaching. I fly all day Thursday, interview on Friday, spend Saturday with friends, and then return home on Sunday.

A lot will have to happen quite quickly if I'm offered the job. I'll have to give my two week notice, go through all my stuff (and likely get rid of/box up quite a bit, since I won't be taking everything with me, by any means!), pack, move across the country, and get a car when I'm all moved... all within four short weeks.

I'm excited, though! Can't wait!

HopefulBride

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1309768288' post='2262923']
Interview is quickly approaching. I fly all day Thursday, interview on Friday, spend Saturday with friends, and then return home on Sunday.

A lot will have to happen quite quickly if I'm offered the job. I'll have to give my two week notice, go through all my stuff (and likely get rid of/box up quite a bit, since I won't be taking everything with me, by any means!), pack, move across the country, and get a car when I'm all moved... all within four short weeks.

I'm excited, though! Can't wait!
[/quote]

Prayers for you.

FutureSister2009

Yes I am definitely more nervous about the traveling than I am about the actual retreat. I'm just afraid of getting lost in the station. I don't want to be the next missing person.