An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1311179967' post='2271594']
While you're in LA, you should try to go see the Carmelite Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Los Angelas. :)
[/quote]

We haven't gone to many places at all. We don't have enough time, it seems. We are leaving in about 3 hours. :(

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1311167467' post='2271378']
:love: My dearest Dominican Sister, Sister Mary Grace, O.P. is making her final profession!!! :w00t: :woot: I know A LOT of Sisters, (more than I know lay people.) Sister Mary Grace is most definitely one of a kind... :love:
[/quote]

I just rsvp'ed to go!!!!!!!!!!! Please pray that it works out- money is kind of tight right now. :woot: :w00t: Sooooooooooooooooooo sooooooooooooo sooooooooooooo excited to see them give their life-long 'fiat'!!!!!!! :love: :woot:
Can you tell I'm excited???????

Edited by Lisa

HopefulBride

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1311339166' post='2273725']
I just rsvp'ed to go!!!!!!!!!!! Please pray that it works out- money is kind of tight right now. :woot: :w00t: Sooooooooooooooooooo sooooooooooooo sooooooooooooo excited to see them give their life-long 'fiat'!!!!!!! :love: :woot:
Can you tell I'm excited???????
[/quote]

I am secretly jealous and even :gasp: envious.

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1311341134' post='2273744']
I am secretly jealous and even :gasp: envious.

[/quote]

When do you think you'll get to see your Sisters again?

FutureSister2009

I just got to hold my friend's baby boy for the first time this morning. It's things like that that really make me question my Vocation. I'm glad I don't hold them too often! But what I learned from VBS is that I get to give them back later on. So that does help.

HopefulBride

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1311341570' post='2273746']
When do you think you'll get to see your Sisters again?
[/quote]

I dunno :( I have been speaking to Sister Joanna (the Vocations contact) and she is hoping for sometime early January... Pray for me please because that would have to mean getting a benefactor or some miles donated.

Edited by HopefulBride

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1311344054' post='2273765']
I just got to hold my friend's baby boy for the first time this morning. It's things like that that really make me question my Vocation. I'm glad I don't hold them too often! But what I learned from VBS is that I get to give them back later on. So that does help.
[/quote]

I hear ya. I have my adorable nephews and niece, and not to mention all of the children that I work with at the parish. I can [i]definitely[/i] feel that desire to be a Mother. I think it's a good thing, though. I mean, good sisters need to have the qualities of a good mother. And to be able to feel and know your own gift of fertility that God has given you makes it all the more of a sacrifice when you give it back to God and use it in a more supernatural way than natural motherhood

...but there are definitely days when all I want to do is get married and have my own babies!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1311344936' post='2273777']
I hear ya. I have my adorable nephews and niece, and not to mention all of the children that I work with at the parish. I can [i]definitely[/i] feel that desire to be a Mother. I think it's a good thing, though. I mean, good sisters need to have the qualities of a good mother. And to be able to feel and know your own gift of fertility that God has given you makes it all the more of a sacrifice when you give it back to God and use it in a more supernatural way than natural motherhood

...but there are definitely days when all I want to do is get married and have my own babies!
[/quote]

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/like.gif[/img] The hardest part about working in a parish was that! (Although, I miss my parish work immensely. I feel a bit out of the loop now!) One of my coworkers had two little girls and there were always tons of babies around. But I always remembered that I'll get to be the great "Auntie LPS" one day and I can't wait!!

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1310933494' post='2268839']
(Sort of off topic but relating to frustration about having to wait, feeling stagnant etc)
I have kind of a unique situation I'm a convert and I still live with my (non Catholic ) parents. Thus discerning religious life can put a lot of tension on the relationship. Anyways when I wrote to one of my Jesuit friends he came back with this beautiful peace of advice. He told me that a lot of formation can go on within the "cloister of your heart" [font="arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]. This made me realize that I might not be able to do anything that I would consider actively discerning but I CAN work on the "cloister of my heart" and make it a strong and beautiful place.[/size][/font]
[font="arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]Just something to think about for all of you and Good luck with your journeys![/size][/font]
[/quote]

I don't know how I missed this one! :welcome: Beautiful words- and great advice. Are you thinking of any communities or spiritualities in particular??

[/quote]

True story.

Little Flower

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1311344054' post='2273765']
[/quote]

i know... whenever I hold a baby it just makes me want to get married and be a mommy. Especially when my little brother was a baby. That and when I think about how my little brother probably won't remember me at all :sad: hes only two so if i enter at 18 he'll be 4 and i def dont have much memories of when i was 4 much less memories of my older brother. And I will be totally out of my other sibs lives :sad:

*sigh* but if thats God's will its God's will and its whats best

FutureSister2009

[/quote]

I agree. There aren't as many babies in my life now as there were when I was younger but I see babies at work and Church a lot. And I play with the kids all the time. When they get bratty, it's great that they can go home and be someone else's problem!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1311367798' post='2273972']
I agree. There aren't as many babies in my life now as there were when I was younger but I see babies at work and Church a lot. And I play with the kids all the time. When they get bratty, it's great that they can go home and be someone else's problem!
[/quote]

A SCC said the same thing! She said it's nice to be an auntie when the kids are great, and then she hands them back to their parents (little ones, at least) when they're bad.

FutureSister2009

Good things are happening! Good things are happening! Good things are happening!!!! :nun2: :nun2: :nun2:

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1311602237' post='2275499']
Good things are happening! Good things are happening! Good things are happening!!!! :nun2: :nun2: :nun2:
[/quote]

what, what???