An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

TeresaBenedicta
:love:

What an intense and amesome period of my life. Words can't even describe.

To be filled with so much joy and yet feel this longing so intensely... I don't understand how they manage to coincide, but they do. And I thank God for both of them.

OnlySunshine

Today, at Mass, the readings stirred the desires of my heart to give my life to God and to serve Him without reserve. The Gospel of St. Matthew was especially moving when Jesus told His disciples that in order to follow Him, they would have to lay down their lives and pick up their cross. Lately, it seems like discernment has been very confusing. I am not even concentrating on any orders as I do not require anything but the will of God to show me the way. However, I was very unsure if it was my calling. I feel like I've been in limbo about several major decisions in my life, including my education and where I will be living next year when I transfer to a university. The Lord doesn't seem to be calling me at this very minute, so I am pressing on and finishing my educational goals, but I am remaining open and ready for when He calls me and where.

I watched some clips of the miniseries about St. Teresa of the Andes and wanted to imitate her life very much. She was such a virtuous woman with such a beautiful prayer life that lead her to God in such a short time. She was truly blessed to obtain the gift of Heaven so quickly. I just love her. :)

I registered for the November retreat!!!!!!!!!!! If only today was November 5th!
And, I have a sudden urge to sew a Marian blue skirt and vest combo. :)

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1314639485' post='2296965']
I registered for the November retreat!!!!!!!!!!! If only today was November 5th!
And, I have a sudden urge to sew a Marian blue skirt and vest combo. :)
[/quote]

What community?

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1314643462' post='2296991']
What community?
[/quote]

DSMME :cloud9:
The funny thing is, I tried to avoid discerning their community for the longest time. They were the first sisters I ever really got to know, so I thought it maybe was just infatuation. But they challenge me strive for holiness. This life of complete Spousal dedication to Christ is the "more" I've been looking for my entire life. Their love for our Eucharistic Lord matches everything that is in my heart. Because of this community, I have discovered a love for Mother Mary and find myself entrusting my heart to her to draw it closer to her Son.

Then, when I was visiting other places, the Holy Spirit made it clear that those communities weren't where I was meant to be.

It's kind of like a dress you see on the rack at the department store; everything about it seems perfect. It's even a shape that would probably fit your body size. But then when you try it on, something just doesn't fit. You would never know that if you hadn't tried it on and it is a little bit of a bummer to put it back on the rack, but you know it will fit someone who will be beautiful in it.

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1314644817' post='2296999']

DSMME :cloud9:
The funny thing is, I tried to avoid discerning their community for the longest time. They were the first sisters I ever really got to know, so I thought it maybe was just infatuation. But they challenge me strive for holiness. This life of complete Spousal dedication to Christ is the "more" I've been looking for my entire life. Their love for our Eucharistic Lord matches everything that is in my heart. Because of this community, I have discovered a love for Mother Mary and find myself entrusting my heart to her to draw it closer to her Son.

Then, when I was visiting other places, the Holy Spirit made it clear that those communities weren't where I was meant to be.

It's kind of like a dress you see on the rack at the department store; everything about it seems perfect. It's even a shape that would probably fit your body size. But then when you try it on, something just doesn't fit. You would never know that if you hadn't tried it on and it is a little bit of a bummer to put it back on the rack, but you know it will fit someone who will be beautiful in it.
[/quote]

Awwww.... That's how I feel with the FSP. (Even if the talks have been infrequent and the visit was short :sad: ) I can't wait to get back.

I wrote a short little story that I'm going to be typing up for my fiction writing workshop. It pertains to an unnamed sister's first few days at her new post and some incidents. It's kind of what I hope DOES NOT happen to me.

I'll post it after the semester ends so the teach can't try to say I cheated. Or if you want to read it (and laugh), just PM me. :P

love y'all!

FutureSister2009

Earlier today I began thinking about something I hope I am able to do after I enter into Religious Life. My elementary school and high school often had Priests and Sisters come in to speak during Vocation week and I hope I can go back to my schools as an alumni and Sister to speak with the students about my story and hopefully inspire a few of them.

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1314910788' post='2298794']
Earlier today I began thinking about something I hope I am able to do after I enter into Religious Life. My elementary school and high school often had Priests and Sisters come in to speak during Vocation week and I hope I can go back to my schools as an alumni and Sister to speak with the students about my story and hopefully inspire a few of them.
[/quote]

That would be really cool! I wished that I had been able to go to a Catholic school growing up. I went to public schools all my life. I had to receive Sacramental instruction from CCD classes. I only ever met priests that were at that particular Church and a religious Brother who was assigned to be the CCD administrator at one time. Never did I meet any Sisters (or remember meeting them) at CCD. My mom said that a few used to go to one of the Churches we visited once in a while but they were not habited, so they never stuck in my mind. My mom also says that we met some Daughters of Charity once when I donated some money from a private fundraiser to the Catholic hospital. I sort of remember them but not enough to make an impression.

MargaretTeresa

I talked to Sr ME of the Nashies today. Rather strange phone conversation. I talked about some of the other orders I have visited (she asked), and she asked what I thought about the FSP. When I hung up, the proverbial question danced to the forefront of my mind...

IS IT A SIGN?!

she_who_is_not

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1314912536' post='2298815']
I talked to Sr ME of the Nashies today. Rather strange phone conversation. I talked about some of the other orders I have visited (she asked), and she asked what I thought about the FSP. When I hung up, the proverbial question danced to the forefront of my mind...

IS IT A SIGN?!
[/quote]

Ha ha! She is really good at matching discerners with orders.

IS IT A SIGN?!
[/quote]

lol! that's weird!

IS IT A SIGN?!
[/quote]
Maybe? :hehe2: I'm so excited for you!

LaPetiteSoeur

IS IT A SIGN?!
[/quote]

ME TOO!!!! But through email. She's going to call me next week!!! I have a ridiculous schedule, so I think I have to wait until next Friday, but I am SO EXCITED. Leaving a message was not a scary as I thought it would be...