An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

ameliabedelia

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1312928122' post='2285081']
yes :blush: loveeeee them.
[/quote]

ahhh dominicanssss... :love:

We are so blessed, you know that? Not only are we given the free will by God to do whatever we want with our lives. We also live in countries where we are able to do so without risk. Seriously, what if we lived in violent or totalitarian countries? God might have called us to enter a convent, become a priest, get married (and have lots of Catholic babies- i.e. China), but for just practical reasons it would be soooooooo much harder to do His will. Random, pointless vocation thought of the day.

MargaretTeresa

Moved into my apartment. Painting prayers cards to be taken with me to NOLA or mailed to friends. So much to do before Tuesday!

FutureSister2009

Here's hoping I see my Sisters sometime within the next week before I leave for school! The can opener has been safely delivered to the Convent but they won't get to see it until later.

I've overcome my fear a little and decided to start contacting some Carmelite Monasteries. I don't know what will happen but we'll have to wait and see. I just can't stop thinking about it. It didn't always feel right but maybe it is.

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1313184193' post='2286627']

I've overcome my fear a little and decided to start contacting some Carmelite Monasteries. I don't know what will happen but we'll have to wait and see. I just can't stop thinking about it. It didn't always feel right but maybe it is.
[/quote]

Can you try to just have fun with discerning for a bit? There are so many interesting communities out there! Can you just have fun with exploring, with no need for fear?

I am quite sure they will not lasso you and drag you back behind the grille.

(At least not on the first visit. :evil: )

Deus te Amat

[quote name='ameliabedelia' timestamp='1312925846' post='2285060']
yep! i assume you're discerning with DSMME?
[/quote]

Hi! If you enter, (or, when?) which year would it be? God willing, I'll be in next years class. :)

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1313186010' post='2286634']

Hi! If you enter, (or, when?) which year would it be? God willing, I'll be in next years class. :)
[/quote]

You're entering the DSMME??

:nun2:

ameliabedelia

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1313193740' post='2286714']
Psh, no. My comment was for amelia, not for the person she was talking to. :P
[/quote]

I'm trying to pm you but it's not working from my phone...argg. Lol.

Edited by ameliabedelia