An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

I'm still working on getting letters together to send to Sister (SsEW) about my health issues, to see if they would allow me to discern with them and visit them.

Please pray that people get the letters done soon as I would like to know what the answer is.

I will be discerning the RSM of Alma if God isn't calling me to their Order...

I feel kind of stagnant right now.... in limbo not knowing what the direction will be...

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1310747745' post='2267775']
sneak into the cloister???? :ninja:
[/quote]

dont forget to wear white :like:

regina_coeli

Stay focused! Lots of prayers that you see each step of the way, one at a time!

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1310748528' post='2267783']
I'm still working on getting letters together to send to Sister (SsEW) about my health issues, to see if they would allow me to discern with them and visit them.

Please pray that people get the letters done soon as I would like to know what the answer is.

I feel kind of stagnant right now.... in limbo not knowing what the direction will be...
[/quote]

MargaretTeresa

It's official!!! Sleepover Party with the Paulines on August 16! But I don't get to meet Sr Julia. :(

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1310762669' post='2267887']
It's official!!! Sleepover Party with the Paulines on August 16! But I don't get to meet Sr Julia. :(
[/quote]

amesomeness! I'm pumped for you!!!! Sorry you can't meet Sr. Julia. :nun2:

FutureSister2009

Never heard of having a sleepover party with nuns. I guess anything is possible with the Pauline's!

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1310765737' post='2267934']
Never heard of having a sleepover party with nuns. I guess anything is possible with the Pauline's!

[/quote]

If I would have to guess, I don't expect they'll stay up till midnight playing "truth or dare" and painting each other's nails. :hehe:

MargaretTeresa

Nope. rotfl but when Sr MC suggested I stay the night with them, I was like :w00t: !!!! But Mass is guaranteed! :love: and books :love:

FutureSister2009

I getcha. Sounds like a good time!

I think I'm finally starting to have a breakthrough and it makes me happy. I've been emailing Mother Lumen from the SSVMs and we're trying to get to know each other a little better and maybe eventually I'll feel more comfortable about visiting them. But it turns out she grew up in the same Diocese I currently live in! And she knows my Parish very well!! It wasn't her Parish but she went there a lot! It's exciting! It does seem almost too good to be true but I hope it's going to work out for the best! :clapping:

HopefulBride

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1310780009' post='2268022']
I getcha. Sounds like a good time!

I think I'm finally starting to have a breakthrough and it makes me happy. I've been emailing Mother Lumen from the SSVMs and we're trying to get to know each other a little better and maybe eventually I'll feel more comfortable about visiting them. But it turns out she grew up in the same Diocese I currently live in! And she knows my Parish very well!! It wasn't her Parish but she went there a lot! It's exciting! It does seem almost too good to be true but I hope it's going to work out for the best! :clapping:
[/quote]

FutureSister,

Just continue to take it show and it will fall into place with perfect timing.

You are in my prayers,
HB

LaPetiteSoeur

Question for all of you who know the NDs

I 'd really like to go an visit them. However, my university has REALLY WEIRD holidays. Their retreats have never been when I'm out of school. How open are the NDs to weekend visits outside of their retreats? I have to contact Sr. Emily, I know, but I thought It'd be good to ask y'all first.

Thanks pham!

Deus te Amat

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1310841939' post='2268259']
Question for all of you who know the NDs

I 'd really like to go an visit them. However, my university has REALLY WEIRD holidays. Their retreats have never been when I'm out of school. How open are the NDs to weekend visits outside of their retreats? I have to contact Sr. Emily, I know, but I thought It'd be good to ask y'all first.

Thanks pham!
[/quote]

VERY open. Email SME. They actually recommend you make one vocation retreat and one personalized visit. It usually happens in that order, but you could be like me and make your PV first.

It's usually just not any weekend, though. They can be pretty busy, but SME will help you figure that out. I visited last fall, the weekend after all the postulants arrived. I was there with two other girls, and I felt like I had actually entered, because the postulants were just as new as I was! :lol:

If you have more questions, let me know. :)

TheresaThoma

(Sort of off topic but relating to frustration about having to wait, feeling stagnant etc)
I have kind of a unique situation I'm a convert and I still live with my (non Catholic ) parents. Thus discerning religious life can put a lot of tension on the relationship. Anyways when I wrote to one of my Jesuit friends he came back with this beautiful peace of advice. He told me that a lot of formation can go on within the "cloister of your heart" [font="arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]. This made me realize that I might not be able to do anything that I would consider actively discerning but I CAN work on the "cloister of my heart" and make it a strong and beautiful place.[/size][/font]
[font="arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]Just something to think about for all of you and Good luck with your journeys![/size][/font]

faithcecelia

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1310933494' post='2268839']
(Sort of off topic but relating to frustration about having to wait, feeling stagnant etc)
I have kind of a unique situation I'm a convert and I still live with my (non Catholic ) parents. Thus discerning religious life can put a lot of tension on the relationship. Anyways when I wrote to one of my Jesuit friends he came back with this beautiful peace of advice. He told me that a lot of formation can go on within the "cloister of your heart" [font="arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]. This made me realize that I might not be able to do anything that I would consider actively discerning but I CAN work on the "cloister of my heart" and make it a strong and beautiful place.[/size][/font]
[font="arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]Just something to think about for all of you and Good luck with your journeys![/size][/font]
[/quote]

Hi and welcome :welcome:

Don't worry about going off-topic on this thread, if its talking about vocation and discernment, its on-topic.

Yes, it can be hard when your parents are not Catholic, mine aren't either and my mother found it very hard to accept my conversion and me entering an enclosed community (she was fine about me becoming a sister, it was the enclosure thing she struggled with). Your friend is right, you can do a lot of the discernment inwardly, especially early on. Do you have a spiritual director? It can really help having someone to help and guide you.

Anyhow, welcome again!!!

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1310748528' post='2267783']

[/quote]

I am praying for you and your discernment. Both are great Communities!