An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

To Jesus Through Mary

I am sure the one you are meant to go to will work out. Let us know what you decide!!

PAX and prayers!

So I've been neglecting this thread and just now have found out about your current news, TB... prayers for you. You're in God's hands and are dearly loved by the Father :)

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Chamomile' timestamp='1308099777' post='2253822']
So I've been neglecting this thread and just now have found out about your current news, TB... prayers for you. You're in God's hands and are dearly loved by the Father :)
[/quote]

I had the interview yesterday evening. (Btw, I officially HATE phone interviews!! They are awful and uncomfortable and you can't read ANYBODY's body language whatsoever. And you talk and then just stop when you think you're done. I need to be able to read people.... didn't realize how much I depend on that!) I think it went extremely well. We'll see what happens- I should hear back in the next few days. There seems to be a strong indication that they want to fly me out there to meet me... and I'm not sure exactly what that means.

So much just depends on whether they want to make such a short-term investment. I tried to sell the positives of having someone in my position working with them... about how the witness of someone preparing to enter religious life can affect both the youth and adults, and that the relationship would be a positive one above and beyond just my time there, but continuing into religious life, when/if I do enter.

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1308058173' post='2253563']
La Petite,
If you get a chance to go on a discernment retreat at the SCC motherhouse I would highly recommend that you do so. They are so helpful with discernment and aren't pushy or aggressive about "their" community. They sincerely want to help women discern. There is also so much love in that house!
[/quote]

Thanks! I can't at the moment (moving, school, and such), but perhaps in the future!

TeresaBenedicta

Discerning with three different entities is awfully difficult. Especially when one or more are outside of immediate reach.

I forgot to call my s/d about the actual interview, how it went, and what our plan is should I be offered the job (I'm assuming that it's to take the job... but I think it's something that certainly needs to be discussed). So I called him today and got his voice mail.

And then there's the sisters. I haven't been able to talk with them for two weeks now- ever since they suggested that I try to find a job out there. I'm just something of a worry wart and I'd prefer to be able to speak with them and let them know about this potential and get their official approval before (potentially) accepting a position. But they're off on mission right now and I'm unable to get a hold of them.

And there's a good chance I'll hear back on the interview sometime today.

:blink:

(This totally happened last time I got a job, too. Go figure.)

MargaretTeresa

I talked to Sr Grace at Covington Carmel today during my lunch break. As I didn't have long to chat and it was very noisy. We talked about prayer and enclosure. I will be emailing her more questions tonight. (I did find out they only leave for stuff like doctor and dentist and will go down to the Benedictine Abbey with a booth for a youth fest. And they have several benefactors, who are absolutely wonderful about running to get something before they realize they even need it.)

:)

Now, to hear back from Lafayette... [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/nunpray.gif[/img]

TeresaBenedicta

Continuing to wait. But at least I got to speak w/my spiritual director today, who was very helpful (in a sort of sobering way- he gave me new things to pray about and consider, and new 'assignments' before, potentially, accepting a job offer... always making things more difficult!).

And I e-mailed Mother, who is pretty good about e-mailing back. She's out of town, but will call me next week. And until then, she's having her assistant call tomorrow so I can get a few more details.

So all seems good. Still waiting to hear from the parish. Don't know if the wait is a good thing or a bad thing!

FutureSister2009

Although I haven't officially registered yet, I have chosen to go on Retreat with the SSVMs. I'm going to get registered very soon and I'm very excited about it!

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1308341147' post='2255227']
Although I haven't officially registered yet, I have chosen to go on Retreat with the SSVMs. I'm going to get registered very soon and I'm very excited about it!
[/quote]

Niiiice!!! I want to go to that one, too... but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Also looking like it won't happen: No word on the job as of yet.

FutureSister2009

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1308374593' post='2255475']
Niiiice!!! I want to go to that one, too... but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Also looking like it won't happen: No word on the job as of yet.
[/quote]

Think positive! Don't you have to follow up for it? I'll remember to pray for you when I go to Adoration later

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1308274935' post='2254883']
Continuing to wait. But at least I got to speak w/my spiritual director today, who was very helpful (in a sort of sobering way- he gave me new things to pray about and consider, and new 'assignments' before, potentially, accepting a job offer... always making things more difficult!).

And I e-mailed Mother, who is pretty good about e-mailing back. She's out of town, but will call me next week. And until then, she's having her assistant call tomorrow so I can get a few more details.

So all seems good. Still waiting to hear from the parish. Don't know if the wait is a good thing or a bad thing!
[/quote]

There are many things to consider about the job decision. As it is a Parish they may have to have a board meeting for approval and who knows whomay be on vacation in June.

I am guessing that the Sisters will be contacted as well. I would also guess that your Pastor may well k ow before you but would want to make sure you are prepared for a decision of this importance. Not only are you getting a job, but moving away from family and living with a cloistered community - alot of stress points. LOL

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='DarleneSteinemann' timestamp='1308426534' post='2255685']
There are many things to consider about the job decision. As it is a Parish they may have to have a board meeting for approval and who knows whomay be on vacation in June.

I am guessing that the Sisters will be contacted as well. I would also guess that your Pastor may well k ow before you but would want to make sure you are prepared for a decision of this importance. Not only are you getting a job, but moving away from family and living with a cloistered community - alot of stress points. LOL
[/quote]

Oh, there's certainly the chance of complications on the part of the hiring parish. We'll see. There's also the chance that they're waiting to hear back from their number one choice, before calling other applicants.

I'm still waiting to talk with Mother. But everything sounds positive on that end. They're not cloistered though, ;)

It's true there's a lot to consider... I've been praying about it a lot. We'll see!

MargaretTeresa

Heard back from Sr Mary John at Lafayette's Carmel. She told me to email as I have questions and get an SD.

Did buy the Shorter Catholic Prayer book today. First steps in learning the LotH!

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1308429218' post='2255693']
Oh, there's certainly the chance of complications on the part of the hiring parish. We'll see. There's also the chance that they're waiting to hear back from their number one choice, before calling other applicants.

I'm still waiting to talk with Mother. But everything sounds positive on that end. They're not cloistered though, ;)

It's true there's a lot to consider... I've been praying about it a lot. We'll see!
[/quote]

Oh I thought they were cloistered. What order are you entering? You do not think you are there number 1 choice??? Did you SD give you any inclination about that? Were the assignments helpful in making a decision about accepting a job?

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1308433130' post='2255709']
Heard back from Sr Mary John at Lafayette's Carmel. She told me to email as I have questions and get an SD.

Did buy the Shorter Catholic Prayer book today. First steps in learning the LotH!
[/quote]

What is the LotH?