An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscans

franciscanheart

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1302400900' post='2227163']
I'd discerned with the CFRs, too.
I still do like them, very much.
But ....I have my pinch of Dominican now!! :)
[/quote]

LOL, you and I are very much alike. I was in contact with several Dominican orders at one time including the Nashville Dominicans, Dominican Sisters of the Immaculate Conception, and the Hawthorne Dominicans. I know I am not called to teach, so I was able to cross the first two off my list, and I sort of lost contact with the Vocation Director of the Hawthorne Dominicans. I am not sure I would be able to enter there anyway after having to go back on my antidepressant. That's why I'm trying to find an order that will admit me with the medication since I am doing so well on it. People recommended the SsEW and the RSMs of Alma to me and I felt very attracted to the SsEWs for a long time but just recently got the courage to contact them for more than just a newsletter. :)

franciscanheart

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1302364283' post='2227065']
Yes, I did. Did you see her in Texas?
[/quote]
She's a friend of mine from "childhood"! :)

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1302400967' post='2227164']
Yay! How/where?
[/quote]
Youth 2000 :)

OnlySunshine

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1302473381' post='2227292']
[b]She's a friend of mine from "childhood"! :)[/b]

Youth 2000 :)
[/quote]

You're kidding?!?!? What a small world! She was my roommate at the CFR vocation retreat and we had the same connecting flight to Atlanta Airport from New York (we even sat in the same row--I was aisle, she was window). Pretty cool! I knew she lived in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area because she talked about going to the Youth 2000 retreats there and her dad helps the friars out a lot. He happened to see the Sisters and was the motivating force behind Lily going to see the Sisters for a retreat. :)

franciscanheart

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1302476408' post='2227300']
You're kidding?!?!? What a small world! She was my roommate at the CFR vocation retreat and we had the same connecting flight to Atlanta Airport from New York (we even sat in the same row--I was aisle, she was window). Pretty cool! I knew she lived in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area because she talked about going to the Youth 2000 retreats there and her dad helps the friars out a lot. He happened to see the Sisters and was the motivating force behind Lily going to see the Sisters for a retreat. :)
[/quote]
What an amesome deal! God is so good! :)

OnlySunshine

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1302478107' post='2227302']
What an amesome deal! God is so good! :)
[/quote]

Is she still discerning? When I talked to her as we were waiting for the plane from Atlanta to our home airports, she stated that she wasn't sure she was called to continue discerning with the CFRs.

franciscanheart

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1302480390' post='2227308']
Is she still discerning? When I talked to her as we were waiting for the plane from Atlanta to our home airports, she stated that she wasn't sure she was called to continue discerning with the CFRs.
[/quote]
Not sure actually. :)

OnlySunshine

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1302482720' post='2227333']
Not sure actually. :)
[/quote]

If you see her again, please tell her that her roomie from the CFR retreat in January 2010 said hello. We were Facebook friends for a while, but she decided to close her account so I haven't talked to her in a while. :)

franciscanheart

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1302487652' post='2227360']
If you see her again, please tell her that her roomie from the CFR retreat in January 2010 said hello. We were Facebook friends for a while, but she decided to close her account so I haven't talked to her in a while. :)
[/quote]
I will pass along the message. If I had known/could think of your real name then, she could have confirmed for me. I figured you all had met since she said she was there when you said you were there. :)

OnlySunshine

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1302493143' post='2227399']
I will pass along the message. If I had known/could think of your real name then, she could have confirmed for me. I figured you all had met since she said she was there when you said you were there. :)
[/quote]

Yeah, I think there were 5 other girls there besides me. I have only been able to get in touch with Lily and it's been about 5 months since we talked. :)

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1302406336' post='2227195']
LOL, you and I are very much alike. I was in contact with several Dominican orders at one time including the Nashville Dominicans, Dominican Sisters of the Immaculate Conception, and the Hawthorne Dominicans. I know I am not called to teach, so I was able to cross the first two off my list, and I sort of lost contact with the Vocation Director of the Hawthorne Dominicans. I am not sure I would be able to enter there anyway after having to go back on my antidepressant. That's why I'm trying to find an order that will admit me with the medication since I am doing so well on it. People recommended the SsEW and the RSMs of Alma to me and I felt very attracted to the SsEWs for a long time but just recently got the courage to contact them for more than just a newsletter. :)
[/quote]

I had looked into the Nashville Diminicans, and had actually been to see them last July. Actually, it was there that I realized my "pinch of Dominican"--I just loved the way the pray the Rosary! And I've always been able to appreciate the whole higher-learning-apologetics-theology charism. But, it just didn't click/feel right/fit. Though I loved them greatly, I just didn't feel called there.
I met Sr. Louise and Sr. Mary Anthony the same week I visited the NDs. It began with simple curiosity (I couldn't place their habit!). I was told they were Franciscan/Dominican, and after that, of course, I just HAD to speak with them, lol! I did, and wasn't disappointed. I gradually fell in love with them more and more and continued to correspond with them. And now... I HOPE to request my application next March. :). (God willing and lots of prayers!)
I'm glad you did get up the courage to do so! They are awe.some!! And it's cool that you and I met here on PM first!

[quote name='Piccoli Fiori JMJ' timestamp='1302872397' post='2228888']
+JMJ

I love the postulant jumpers for the PCCs in Rockford. :nun2:
[/quote]

picture??

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1302877309' post='2228902']
picture??
[/quote]

This is the closest I could get that is online:
[img]http://www.cloisteredlife.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/cloistered_sisters.jpg[/img]

The front is bib-like where the sides are open with a waistband. Very comfortable and pretty!