An Old School Catholic Message Board

To Slap Or Not To Slap?

Lil Red

Slap-happy  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest iam_terry fc

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1284077034' post='2171132']
I'm not normally one to do this, but....

:owned:
[/quote]

Well hopefully this new screening will help in rooting out the sadists, deviants and child molesters within the ranks of the Catholic priesthood.

[quote name='iam_terry fc' timestamp='1284144281' post='2171455']
Well hopefully this new screening will help in rooting out the sadists, deviants and child molesters within the ranks of the Catholic priesthood.
[/quote]

Because we all know that the Catholic Church is the [i]only [/i]place with those kinds of problems...

[quote name='iam_terry fc' timestamp='1284145735' post='2171467']
Is there a place on our earth were Children haven't been abused by Catholic priests and other church members?
[/quote]

Is there a place where people haven't ever been harmed by anyone anywhere ever?

How about teachers? The latest stat is that around 10% of teachers have had inappropriate contact with a student. Do you think that should be reason to shut every school to prevent it?

Honey, if you came here for honest conversation, that would be one thing, but throwing around ad hom attacks like this says a lot about your IQ level...or lack of it.

Grow up.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Selah' timestamp='1284147072' post='2171477']
Honey, if you came here for honest conversation, that would be one thing, but throwing around ad hom attacks like this says a lot about your IQ level...or lack of it.

Grow up.
[/quote]

Yeah, it's amazing you can look around you at created things and say. "Well this has to be designed by a creator!" And you can see all the evil in the world and say. "Well it must be true, there must be an opposing force as well!" So we conclude that the stories that are written in the book known as the New Testament must have some truth in it. So we move on from there searching and learning and most importantly with our faith at times we have experiences of the spirit. Now its logical that the evil force is not going to want you to believe its there, because then you will oppose it and move closer to the creator of good things. The alternative to all this is to become bitter, have a chip on the shoulder and spend time trying to convince believers that they are wrong. but you cannot do that because I will just reply "Well if I'm wrong then what have I lost? But if you are wrong what have you lost?"
How much IQ does it take to see these things? :blink:

[quote]Yeah, it's amazing you can look around you at created things and say. "Well this has to be designed by a creator!" And you can see all the evil in the world and say. "Well it must be true, there must be an opposing force as well!" So we conclude that the stories that are written in the book known as the New Testament must have some truth in it. So we move on from there searching and learning and most importantly with our faith at times we have experiences of the spirit. Now its logical that the evil force is not going to want you to believe its there, because then you will oppose it and move closer to the creator of good things. The alternative to all this is to become bitter, have a chip on the shoulder and spend time trying to convince believers that they are wrong. but you cannot do that because I will just reply "Well if I'm wrong then what have I lost? But if you are wrong what have you lost?"
How much IQ does it take to see these things? [/quote]

I was responding to a post by him that has since been edited. He was personally attacking the Church in a vulgar and disrespectful way. I don't really give a dam[i][/i]n what he believes, his obscene language was what I objected to.

Edited by Selah

[quote name='Selah' timestamp='1284144751' post='2171461']
Because we all know that the Catholic Church is the [i]only [/i]place with those kinds of problems...
[/quote]

Yeah...I'm sure this is was posted elsewhere, but it is appropriate followup for Selah's comment:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5spUtCNpLbQ[/media]

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='iam_terry fc' timestamp='1284146753' post='2171474']
[mod] edit-- too many rules violations to list. [/mod]
[/quote]

[img]http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/bro/lowres/bron557l.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' timestamp='1284156695' post='2171560']
[img]http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/bro/lowres/bron557l.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
:blink:

[quote name='iam_terry fc' timestamp='1284144281' post='2171455']
[/quote]
'new'?