An Old School Catholic Message Board

Protestants Going To Hell

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1295817982' post='2203552']
Its just sad how many protestants are gonna wind up in hell. Heck I might end up there to. But a lot of them say for sure their going to heaven. What liars.
[/quote]

With this from the Catechism in mind:
818 "However, one cannot charge with the sin of the separation those who at present are born into these communities [that resulted from such separation] and in them are brought up in the faith of Christ, and the Catholic Church accepts them with respect and affection as brothers. . . . All who have been justified by faith in Baptism are incorporated into Christ; they therefore have a right to be called Christians, and with good reason are accepted as brothers in the Lord by the children of the Catholic Church."
ven
We don't know how many or how few come to a knowledge that the Catholic Church is the fullness of the truth. The Catechism tells us that many if not most today are not guilty of the sin of separation and the implication is that they are in ignorance. Are there more or fewer Catholics than protestants in heaven/Hell? Well I would think that the sacraments of Eucharist and Confirmation being what they are and the lack of a priesthood that would certainly indicate that Catholics have a more sure way to heaven. However we also know from Luke 12 that we are held to a much higher level of accountability. The greater grace that we are given is expected to bear greater fruit. Even more ti says "to the one who did not know he will be given a light beating". Most would take this as some time in purgatory and heaven. The one who knew, even though he did some good part of his life was "treated as an unbeliever". Fact is there are some and perhaps many who go through this life not knowing the fullness of the truth. The truth is there is little point speculating how many or few come to know that the CC is the fullness of the truth because it is an equation only God can judge for he knows the hearts of men. Truth seems so easy to us who are in it but look at the world. It is very difficult with all the confusing theologies to come to the truth and it is by the grace of God that we should find our undeserving way in to it. Lets let God be the judge.

[center] [b][font="Times New Roman"][color="#663300"]ECUMENICAL MEETING AT AKERSHUS CASTLE[/color][/font][/b][/center]
[center] [b][i][font="Times New Roman"][size="4"][color="#663300"]ADDRESS OF HIS HOLINESS JOHN PAUL II[/color][/size][/font][/i][/b][/center]
[center] [i][font="Times New Roman"][color="#663300"]Christian IV’s Hall, Oslo
Thursday, 1st June 1989[/color][/font][/i][/center]
[center] [/center]
[left][i]Dear Bishop Aarflot,
Dear Friends, [/i][/left]
[left]1. On this joyful occasion my heart is filled with [i]thanks and praise to Almighty God[/i], who has brought us together in the name of his beloved Son, Jesus Christ. [/left]
[left]I have come to Norway first of all to visit my Catholic brothers and sisters, so that I might support and strengthen them in their faith, as Jesus prayed that Peter would do for his brethren (Cfr. [i]Luc[/i]. 22, 32). But[i] I have also come in a fraternal spirit of respect and love to greet all Christians[/i], who by faith and Baptism have been reborn to new life. I come here as a[i] brother in Christ[/i], in Norway, for your presence here, concrete sign to all people of God’s boundless love.
[/left]
[left]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/left]
[left][size="3"]Let us follow the lead of our beloved John Paul the Great[/size]
[/left]

To deny [i]extra ecclesiam nulla salus[/i] would be commit heresy, because it is [i]de fide[/i]. "All Protestants who do not convert are lost" is not a teaching of the same level, it is [i]Sententiae theologice certae,[i] [/i][/i]because it is a necessary and logical conclusion drawn from the dogma. One can deny such a derived teaching without being a heretic. In that case, one would simply be in error. It is entirely possible for Popes and Pastoral Councils to be in error on such matters of derived doctrines.

[quote name='thessalonian' timestamp='1295830157' post='2203609']
With this from the Catechism in mind:
818 "However, one cannot charge with the sin of the separation those who at present are born into these communities [that resulted from such separation] and in them are brought up in the faith of Christ, and the Catholic Church accepts them with respect and affection as brothers. . . . All who have been justified by faith in Baptism are incorporated into Christ; they therefore have a right to be called Christians, and with good reason are accepted as brothers in the Lord by the children of the Catholic Church."
ven
We don't know how many or how few come to a knowledge that the Catholic Church is the fullness of the truth. The Catechism tells us that many if not most today are not guilty of the sin of separation and the implication is that they are in ignorance. Are there more or fewer Catholics than protestants in heaven/Hell? Well I would think that the sacraments of Eucharist and Confirmation being what they are and the lack of a priesthood that would certainly indicate that Catholics have a more sure way to heaven. However we also know from Luke 12 that we are held to a much higher level of accountability. The greater grace that we are given is expected to bear greater fruit. Even more ti says "to the one who did not know he will be given a light beating". Most would take this as some time in purgatory and heaven. The one who knew, even though he did some good part of his life was "treated as an unbeliever". Fact is there are some and perhaps many who go through this life not knowing the fullness of the truth. The truth is there is little point speculating how many or few come to know that the CC is the fullness of the truth because it is an equation only God can judge for he knows the hearts of men. Truth seems so easy to us who are in it but look at the world. It is very difficult with all the confusing theologies to come to the truth and it is by the grace of God that we should find our undeserving way in to it. Lets let God be the judge.
[/quote]
Good stuff and I agree. I was just talking about protestants who know the complete truth yet still remain protestant.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1295856656' post='2203724']
Good stuff and I agree. I was just talking about protestants who know the complete truth yet still remain protestant.
[/quote]

If their reasons for not being Catholic were of their own choosing, they would be in hell. But again as with the Catechuminate who is not baptized yet, there may be stages where they are headed toward the Church, albeit somewhat kicking and screaming, making progress toward it, as Scott Hahn says at times he was, that it would need to be left to the judgment of God.

[quote name='thessalonian' timestamp='1295898184' post='2203858']
If their reasons for not being Catholic were of their own choosing, they would be in hell. But again as with the Catechuminate who is not baptized yet, there may be stages where they are headed toward the Church, albeit somewhat kicking and screaming, making progress toward it, as Scott Hahn says at times he was, that it would need to be left to the judgment of God.
[/quote]
nice.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1295824965' post='2203582']
Back up my 70 percent claim ? No I don't I was just being idiot. I don't think its anywhere near that high. I would guess mabey 10 to 15 percent and that's probally high.
[/quote]

May I ask a personal question?

How old are you?

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Seven77' timestamp='1295915052' post='2204000']
message boards are strange creatures.
[/quote]
indeed.

that was uttered in a Teal'c voice btw