Protestants Going To Hell

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1295915383' post='2204002']
indeed.

that was uttered in a Teal'c voice btw
[/quote]

Shal’kek nem’ron!

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1295812772' post='2203485']
Alot of them ? Esspecially the ones that stay in their church once they realise the Catholic Church is the true church. That's an unforgivable sin right ? Sure way to hell for eternity.
[/quote]

Greetings,may the peace of our lord and saviour christ jesus rest in your heart in that the holy spirit may descend upon you and renew your mind with hope(always)...
As far as i'm aware in accordance to the catholic catechism the only unforgiveable sin is a total rejection of gods saving grace, for ourselves or others i assume.Though we must understand this does not give us the authority to sin without consequences.But still god is so good he gives us the whole span of our lifetime to repent.
God Bless

infinitelord1

lets not forget about Purgatory. Maybe most Protestants go to Purgatory, and not Heaven or Hell, right away. That way they are given a second chance with Jesus Christ in the way that he intended all along. After all, they are trying to worship Jesus Christ. They just don't do it correctly and they hate Catholics at the same time.

[quote name='infinitelord1' timestamp='1295936710' post='2204105']
lets not forget about Purgatory. Maybe most Protestants go to Purgatory, and not Heaven or Hell, right away. That way they are given a second chance with Jesus Christ in the way that he intended all along. After all, they are trying to worship Jesus Christ. They just don't do it correctly and they hate Catholics at the same time.
[/quote]
Yes, Protestants are monolithic.

[quote name='infinitelord1' timestamp='1295936710' post='2204105']
[/quote]
Good point. To me most protestants seem to have good intentions but are just misinformed about Catholicism. The ironic thing is protestants would normally see purgatory as anti-biblical but to me it gives me hope that many can be purged of their sin and saved

infinitelord1

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1295985264' post='2204231']
Yes, Protestants are monolithic.
[/quote]

They try to mix it up with some good ole rock and roll in the name of Jesus. I think they are evolving with their strategy on attracting lost sheep into their cult.

infinitelord1

[quote name='Ice_nine' timestamp='1295989109' post='2204259']
Good point. To me most protestants seem to have good intentions but are just misinformed about Catholicism. The ironic thing is protestants would normally see purgatory as anti-biblical but to me it gives me hope that many can be purged of their sin and saved
[/quote]

It's not anti-biblical. Maybe the Name "Purgatory" is not used in the Bible. But neither is "Rapture". Funny thing is if anyone is going to be apart of "Rapture" its going to be a bunch of Catholics. And Catholics don't use the word "Rapture". Nor do they really stress this idea much.

And just because the word Purgatory does not exist in the Bible does not at all say that Purgatory doesn't exist. The word "Purgatory" is just a name given to the place where souls go after death (between heaven and hell).

[quote name='infinitelord1' timestamp='1296104303' post='2204914']
It's not anti-biblical. Maybe the Name "Purgatory" is not used in the Bible. But neither is "Rapture". Funny thing is if anyone is going to be apart of "Rapture" its going to be a bunch of Catholics. And Catholics don't use the word "Rapture". Nor do they really stress this idea much.

And just because the word Purgatory does not exist in the Bible does not at all say that Purgatory doesn't exist. The word "Purgatory" is just a name given to the place where souls go after death (between heaven and hell).
[/quote]
Are you saying you believe in the rapture ?

The Rapture is completely foreign to Catholicism. Not an acceptable belief for a Catholic, if I know my eschatology at all.
The "Rapture" refers to a time when all believers are taken up into heaven and non-believers are left, given one last chance to repent. Plays right into Once Saved Always Saved. Not Catholic by a long shot.

Not to mention it is mostly a huge play into schadenfreude, and many believe in it because they like the idea of rising above their "enemies" on this earth, and laughing down at them from heaven. I find the "Rapture" and certain people's obsession with it deeply disturbing.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1296108961' post='2204955']
Not to mention it is mostly a huge play into schadenfreude, and many believe in it because they like the idea of rising above their "enemies" on this earth, and laughing down at them from heaven. I find the "Rapture" and certain people's obsession with it deeply disturbing.
[/quote]
I saw a bumper sticker that say "Warning: In case of RAPTURE, this car will have no driver."
Super tacky, IMO.
A better one would start with "In case of RAPTORS"......

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1296109388' post='2204957']
I saw a bumper sticker that say "Warning: In case of RAPTURE, this car will have no driver."
Super tacky, IMO.
[/quote]
Haha

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1296109655' post='2204960']
Haha
[/quote]
It's a more likely event anyway, raptor attacks.

http://xkcd.com/135/

Edited by Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1296109388' post='2204957']
Super tacky, IMO.
[/quote]
amesome story, bro.