An Old School Catholic Message Board

Protestants Going To Hell

[quote name='cappie' timestamp='1295821908' post='2203568']
Who is in hell? Satan and the fallen angels are certainly there—or will be on the last day (cf. CCC 392–93). As for human beings, Scripture implies that some will not be saved (Matt. 7:13–14), but it has not been given to us to know in this life who has not found salvation. Indeed, in union with God who desires the salvation of all men (1 Tim. 2:3–4), the Church prays for all who have died and hopes for the salvation of each person individually (CCC 1821).
[/quote]

:like:

Hinter dem Horizont

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1295814608' post='2203505']
I don't make a habit of saying anyone is going to hell, because really, the only one that truly knows their heart is God. We can't know. All we can do is hope and pray.
[/quote]

Exactly. We have no right to say who is or who is not going to hell. God is the only one that can say.

infinitelord1

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1296105568' post='2204922']
Are you saying you believe in the rapture ?
[/quote]

No. I was just saying that A lot of Protestants will always say that Purgatory is some man made place since the word is not used in Scripture. But at the same time, these same people, believe in this thing called "Rapture" and this word is not used in scripture either. So they are contradicting themselves.

infinitelord1

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1296109388' post='2204957']
I saw a bumper sticker that say "Warning: In case of RAPTURE, this car will have no driver."
Super tacky, IMO.
A better one would start with "In case of RAPTORS"......
[/quote]

lol

[quote name='infinitelord1' timestamp='1296161944' post='2205224']
No. I was just saying that A lot of Protestants will always say that Purgatory is some man made place since the word is not used in Scripture. But at the same time, these same people, believe in this thing called "Rapture" and this word is not used in scripture either. So they are contradicting themselves.
[/quote]
Haha gotcha that's funny and also a good point.

Semper Catholic

My Grandma used to say that people who tell others they are going to Hell get to cut straight to the front of the line.

[quote name='Semper Catholic' timestamp='1296325796' post='2206419']
My Grandma used to say that people who tell others they are going to Hell get to cut straight to the front of the line.
[/quote]
If you're talking about me your wrong. I didn't say anyone was going to hell. I love my protestant brothers and sisters.

infinitelord1

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1296334087' post='2206478']
Methinks there will be more Catholics in hell than Prots...

....to whom much is given....
[/quote]

Well if what they say is true then there is currently 700 million Protestants and 1.1 Billion Catholics. Considering that the Ratio is so small and that Catholics have a stronger chance of going to Heaven. It may be the other way around. But who knows. I don't want to attach numbers and statistics to who goes to Heaven or not. LOL.

infinitelord1

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1296330780' post='2206444']
me thinx protestants protest too much
[/quote]

I don't think they realize that they are protesting.

As I said above Catholics are held to a higher standard as expressed in Luke 12. "To who much is given much is required" "to the one who does not know he will receive a light beating". From this it is clear that we need to worry about that, not who is going to heaven or hell. This passage could be construed as an equaling of the heaven/hell protestant/Catholic equation. But we know that God gives greater grace to Catholics via the sacraments, by which he sufficiently provides for us to fullfill our calling.

infinitelord1

[quote name='thessalonian' timestamp='1296524063' post='2207260']
As I said above Catholics are held to a higher standard as expressed in Luke 12. "To who much is given much is required" "to the one who does not know he will receive a light beating". From this it is clear that we need to worry about that, not who is going to heaven or hell. This passage could be construed as an equaling of the heaven/hell protestant/Catholic equation. But we know that God gives greater grace to Catholics via the sacraments, by which he sufficiently provides for us to fullfill our calling.
[/quote]

So by searching and finding answers...more requirements are expected from God in order for us to go to Heaven?

infinitelord1

You know I have often wondered if it was better to not tell a Protestant that their marriage really isn't valid. Because the minister who married them is separated from the Church. Hence, separated from Jesus Christ and his Sacraments. Furthermore, they were not married by God. So basically every non-Catholic marriage is Fornication if you think about it. But its probably best not to tell anyone...because if they don't know then I think God may have mercy on them and not send them to hell for it. They may just have to settle for Purgatory.

Edited by infinitelord1