An Old School Catholic Message Board

Theofficial Ask The Opposite Sex A Question Thread

Krush2k2

[quote name='Krush2k2' date='Apr 21 2004, 12:50 PM'] Whoa whoa, see now-lol
I waited for this one girl for over a year and a half-did everything for her, got her roses, teddy bears, wrote her poems-all of that-and became REALLY close to her family-I even went overseas with them to the Dominican Republic last summer. Anyways, she told me recently she saw me too much as a brother and couldnt like me as much as I liked her, so now we are just friends-"kind-of" i was nothing but the best guy to her-now she is talking to some jerk whose not even cool. To me that makes no sense. [/quote]
Well, I can't give you a concrete answer because I don't know her, but chances are if this guy really is a jerk she either A) doesn't want to get serious with someone or 2) is shallow.

Mrs. Bro. Adam

[quote]I actually want to know how to do something, not why girls are this way. How do i develop a good just-friends relationship with a women, without making her think that i am making a move (trying to hook up with her). I am a bit distand with women, ever since i was recieving a lot of signals, and i dont want to hurt them, or confuse them. But how does a guy do this without sending the wrong message?
[/quote]

Express to her, vocally, that you only want a friendship, nothing more. She'll get the message.

ilovechrist

question for da ladies---back to the sports.. why are the girls starting to heavily take interest in GUY sports? i.e. football, basketball is now becoming even more popular among women. what's up with that?

Edited by ilovechrist

homeschoolmom

[quote name='ilovechrist' date='Apr 21 2004, 01:01 PM'] question for da ladies---back to the sports.. why are the girls starting to heavily take interest in GUY sports? i.e. football, basketball is now becoming even more popular among women. what's up with that? [/quote]
Beats me... BIG waste of time IMHO.... watch a bunch of millionaires beat the snot out of one another... yeah... that's cool...

[quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Apr 21 2004, 11:46 AM'] Here's my two cents:

A wife today not only does most, if not all of the cleaning, but she also holds a job. WOuldn't it just be common courtesy for her husband to grant her this one small wish? [/quote]
yeah! i can ask my husband a jillion times to do one thing, and he "forgets". But I do the majority of the cleaning, except the cleaning the litter box, because I can't stand it!

[quote name='ilovechrist' date='Apr 21 2004, 01:01 PM'] question for da ladies---back to the sports.. why are the girls starting to heavily take interest in GUY sports? i.e. football, basketball is now becoming even more popular among women. what's up with that? [/quote]
for one thing, maybe because parents are teaching ALL their kids, not just the boys, about sports, and they've become more active. ;) Plus it's a good way to look at cute guys. :lol:

Mrs. Bro. Adam

[quote name='ilovechrist' date='Apr 21 2004, 03:01 PM'] question for da ladies---back to the sports.. why are the girls starting to heavily take interest in GUY sports? i.e. football, basketball is now becoming even more popular among women. what's up with that? [/quote]
I like playing more than I do wacthing.

HomeTeamFamily

i think everyone should find a way to listen to the following song....."idiot boyfriend" by jimmy fallon.....i have in on mp3 if someone can host it....its a great song and it kind of plays up all the typical stuff guys do.....for example

im gonna get you gift
but its something i like too
so i hope you like this norelco beard trimmer
with your name on it.....and im your boyfriend.....haha!!!!

[quote name='prov31girl' date='Apr 21 2004, 12:38 PM'] So why is it that guys just can't take a hint? [/quote]
I'm not sure I know what you mean by this... :P

[quote name='prov31girl' date='Apr 21 2004, 12:38 PM'] So why is it that guys just can't take a hint? [/quote]
Because our miraculous cloak of clairvoyance is at the cleaners....

Keep in mind too that Jesus Himself said "Let your 'no' mean 'no' and your 'yes' mean 'yes'".

CreepyCrawler

maybe guys sports are fun and boys shouldn't try and hog all the fun. and since when did boys own them anyway?.... :angry: :lol:

He carries me

Wow, you all have some really interesting topics and questions!! I just wanted to throw in some things that I've learned from my long conversations with the great guy friends God has blessed me with -- they really have helped me understand a little bit more about the way men think, and what I want and don't want in a man I date.

Ok, so I'm going to leave the whole toilet seat alone....that one will never be resolved. ;)

As far as why guys can't take a hint -- I think that MC IMaGiNaZUN hit that one on the head -- God made men and women differently, and so we think differently. A lot of problems arise from this issue -- when guys don't understand what gals are trying to suggest, when gals try to read too much into what a guy says...etc. The best lesson we can learn from this is that honest and clear communication is key -- with anyone and everyone.

As far as shaving the legs....I don't know either, but guys have to shave too. ;)

Someone asked early in this thread about why women tend to push a man away until he stops going after her. I think that has a lot to do, again, with how men and women are different. I think (**this is my personal opinion, one that has been based on many conversations with close friends....**) that God has created men to pursue women. Women like to be "chased." We want to know that we are wanted. Yes, it doesn't really make sense that we turn a guy down until he finally gives up, and then suddenly gain interest....but that's just how we are sometimes. I feel like it is a man's responsibility to be an initiator and a leader in relationships (that's [u]not [/u]to say that women don't have any influence or that we're inferior in [u]any [/u]way.) I think in order for men and women to have good relationships -- whether they are friendships or something more -- they must be honest with themselves and with the other person. If a person wants to form a good friendship with someone of the opposite sex (crucial beginning to a healthy and godly relationship...), they must clearly express that desire so that the other person does not end up heartbroken over falsely inflated hopes.

Well, there's what I have to say! :cool:

Jake Huether

[quote name='lankyswimmer' date='Apr 21 2004, 10:13 AM'] ok i dont know this from experience but i would say that because most guys are just looking for some action.....and girls on the rebound are more vulnerable than girls who have established themselves as single and appear to know what they want more......

why do yall go to the bathroom in groups.....

and btw....why dont yall put the seat back up when you are done? why is that just on the guys?? [/quote]
I know. There have been countless times that my wife has inconsiderately left the seat down and I, not having LOOKED FIRST, accidentally got some on the seat.

LOL.

HomeTeamFamily

yea and then they get all mad for us peeing on the seat/floor.....well maybe if you would allow us the greater area to hit that wouldnt happen