An Old School Catholic Message Board

Theofficial Ask The Opposite Sex A Question Thread

Krush2k2

Be 'friends'? I dont think so, I don't know if I speak for most guys here on this, but its very hard for me to stay friends with someone I reallie like-only because it makes it that much harder to get over the person.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Krush2k2' date='Apr 21 2004, 08:44 PM'] Okay Ladies, next questioN-
if you have this guy friend who you think is GREAT-but u only see him asa real good friend, even tho you care for him alot, is it impossible for you to ever see him as more than a friend after he's entered that "like a brother" zone? [/quote]
For me the answer is no. I know some girls who can move beyond that, but I just couldn't when I was in that situation.

CreepyCrawler

then why do you like her? hopefully for qualities that could be applied to friendship, too, and not just girlfriendship. i'm not saying it's not hard, but if you make it an all-or-none thing, you might just end up with the none and if she's that great, it would be worse to not even be friends.

but that's just my perspective as a girl and an obnoxious one at that :)

Why cant u see someone beyond friends if they are like a brother. I mean to think of it, they would be someone your already very close with, plus you know you could trust.

CreepyCrawler

hey, i personally would love to date my best guy friends, i think the whole brother thing is a plus, but some girls don't and i can't explain it except to say it stinks and that's life and you've got to deal with it somehow.

I would date a female that was like a sister to me. Mainly cause where I live I am in a class of 120 and we have known each other from pre K. LOL. So we have no choice. LOL. But I am a male and not of the opp. gender of the posters so maybe I shouldn't be typing this, oh well.

I would definitely date a guy friend that's like a "brother." Cause that usually means that he really cares about you as a person, and he's protective, etc. Plus I have to be friends with someone for quite a while before I would get into a relationship with them.

I have an important question. Well me, I'm 20 and male, and I've never had sex. In fact, I've never had a girlfriend, but I think the main reason for that is I target innocent virgin girls but of course, being raised in an American influenced culture like Australia, there aren't too many innocent virgins around. :huh:

I don't know, it's just not for me, the defiled nature of non-virginal girls, but I like to lust over them. :o

But the question I'd like to ask is, how on earth can a girl tell if a guys confident or not? I know, I know, they just know, but I don't. :( Like, I go through various stages, often times when I'm overly confident, but more often than not I lack any confidence at all. You see, when I'm confident, girls look at me, they wave at me, and sometimes even flirt with me. When I'm not, I can't even get a look, but nothing on the outside has changed, just the inside.

Why is this so?

Cheers,
Adz

[quote name='CreepyCrawler' date='Apr 21 2004, 08:40 PM'] guys -- do you wash your hands if you just stand up and do a number one in the bathroom? i hope that's not too gross, but i have seen a few guy friends who'll go out in the woods and do it and then not worry about washing their hands... [/quote]
I wash my hands if I go into the restroom without using it....But I am a germaphobe.

Mrs. Bro. Adam

[quote name='Phazzan' date='Apr 22 2004, 03:28 AM'] I have an important question. Well me, I'm 20 and male, and I've never had sex. In fact, I've never had a girlfriend, but I think the main reason for that is I target innocent virgin girls but of course, being raised in an American influenced culture like Australia, there aren't too many innocent virgins around. :huh:

I don't know, it's just not for me, the defiled nature of non-virginal girls, but I like to lust over them. :o

But the question I'd like to ask is, how on earth can a girl tell if a guys confident or not? I know, I know, they just know, but I don't. :( Like, I go through various stages, often times when I'm overly confident, but more often than not I lack any confidence at all. You see, when I'm confident, girls look at me, they wave at me, and sometimes even flirt with me. When I'm not, I can't even get a look, but nothing on the outside has changed, just the inside.

Why is this so?

Cheers,
Adz [/quote]
It's a 'vibe' that women get. We just [b]know[/b],

You'll hear that a lot.

How do you know if you love someone? You just [b]know[/b]. Tha'ts just one example.

Mrs. Bro. Adam

[quote name='lankyswimmer' date='Apr 21 2004, 11:16 PM'] i would want my girlfriend to be my best friend first [/quote]
I [b]married[/b] my best friend!!!

theculturewarrior

I have a few questions for the fairer sex.

Why am I always WRONG? For example, if something goes wrong, why is it always MY FAULT? If it is really so hard for men to say they're sorry, why is it so hard for women to admit a fault, or even better...EMPATHIZE when a man is feeling down. Once I came home from a fourteen hour day at work, and I had to practice with my niece because my mom wanted me to play a song at the Easter party. I had to wake up early the next day. She said, "Justin, just be patient, we're doing something else." And I was like, "mom, I'm tired and I want to go to bed, and I just worked a fourteen hour day." She was like, "well I WORK 24 hours a day." This seems to be the standard response when a man complains. But when a WOMAN complains...WATCH OUT!

Why do women expect us to read their minds?

Why is it so hard for women to appreciate the sacrifices men make for them?

Why do so many women prefer money to children?

I think I'm done for now.

CreepyCrawler

[quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Apr 22 2004, 11:11 AM']

Why do so many women prefer money to children?
[/quote]
Uh, I didn't know this was true... ? :huh:

theculturewarrior

What I meant was, most women I know would rather have a lot of money and a few kids, than a lot of kids and not much money. It is heresy for a woman to prefer a large family or abstain from birth control.